• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
    i am working nyfw for the first time and dont want to encounter any bloggers, are there any secret tips or tricks to completely avoid these weirdos? i can barely walk the dog in brooklyn someone coming up to me during the summer
    wear jogging pants
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• DudleyGray
      • Jul 2013

I read somewhere that a lot of people that are dressed fashionably are trying to look like their lives are more interesting than they actually are. But I think the clothes actually make your life more interesting. If I compare sitting and drinking a cup of coffee in my pajamas, I enjoy at most the coffee itself, but in some nice clothes, I'm enjoying the coffee in addition to the sight and feel and the idea of the clothes. Add a porch or a cafe or park, and what could possibly be more interesting? Imagining and playing in the fantasy seems no different from living the fantasy.
      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• eat me
        • May 2009

^ you're on some next level shit bro.

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by eat me View Post

^ you're on some next level shit bro.
          most likely in tablet form.
          sain't

Comment

• Law
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
            most likely in tablet form.
            Of the digital or pharmaceutical variety?

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
              I read somewhere that a lot of people that are dressed fashionably are trying to look like their lives are more interesting than they actually are. But I think the clothes actually make your life more interesting. If I compare sitting and drinking a cup of coffee in my pajamas, I enjoy at most the coffee itself, but in some nice clothes, I'm enjoying the coffee in addition to the sight and feel and the idea of the clothes. Add a porch or a cafe or park, and what could possibly be more interesting? Imagining and playing in the fantasy seems no different from living the fantasy.

Now what else is the whole life of mortals, but a sort of comedy in which the various actors, disguised by costumes and masks, walk on and play each one's part until the manager walks them off the stage?”

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I am assuming I am the manager?
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DudleyGray
                  • Jul 2013

No drugs here, and I feel bad for anyone who thinks they're required to have an interesting thought now and then.

Comment

• galia
                    • Jun 2009

people on drugs think stupid things are fascinating. I think that's why people were accusing you of being on them.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                      • Jul 2013

Is that why I am finding myself so fascinated with you?

Comment

• profondo nero
                        • Aug 2012

So that's why the drug and fashion industries get along so well together..

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

i think the problem here is that you are describing dressing as if it were cosplay, and that fantasy is essentially the same as real life. which is all ridiculous. and by that i mean worthy of ridicule.

but i think what you may have meant is that when you look good, you feel good. or at least better. and that makes a lot more sense...
                          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• DudleyGray
                            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                            i think the problem here is that you are describing dressing as if it were cosplay, and that fantasy is essentially the same as real life. which is all ridiculous. and by that i mean worthy of ridicule.

but i think what you may have meant is that when you look good, you feel good. or at least better. and that makes a lot more sense...
                            Who even knows what I meant, these days I find myself hesitant to say anything, in fear that someone would ever hold me to my words.

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post

what is "real life"? please respond.

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

^^
                                .....Imagining and playing in the fantasy seems no different from living the fantasy.
                                Last edited by cjbreed; 02-03-2014, 11:46 AM.
                                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎