X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Patroklus
      Banned
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
      i think the problem here is that you are describing dressing as if it were cosplay, and that fantasy is essentially the same as real life. which is all ridiculous. and by that i mean worthy of ridicule.

but i think what you may have meant is that when you look good, you feel good. or at least better. and that makes a lot more sense...
      Dressing is theater and pageantry, always. The only thing that changes is if your vocabulary is being dictated to you, because you're trying to dress up as Hatsune Miku or because you're unfortunate enough to have a dress code at work or because you just prostrate yourself before the aesthetic universe of your favorite designer or, worst of all, ur a scurred bitch who caves into peer pressure and treats fashion as a skill to grind to 99 and finish; or whether you build your own vocabulary by eating the aesthetic language of others, hiking up your dress, and defecating your own aesthetic universe.

Of the former category, I think I like cosplay more than any of the rest.

Comment

• DudleyGray
        • Jul 2013

Hahaha fine that is not what I meant at all
        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

i know man. i interpret what you meant to be that clothing and wearing what you want isn't about pretending that your life is more enjoyable than it is but that it actually makes your life more enjoyable, day to day. and for many people that is true. including most of us here.

my comment was that the flaming you received was probably due to the way you tried to express yourself.
          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

no not really, although i must admit i am mildly envious of the epic lottery winning that is mr pitt's life. although my wife is equally as hot and i actually think i look pretty good here...

but, on another note, what exactly is your point? should i post a picture of you next to every single rick owens runway show ever?

you misinterpreted my point to dudley, brought up an only slightly related question to which i directly responded, and then you posted this senseless image. what are you trying to say?

you asked what is real life? i know what you meant but to me its a silly question that deserves a silly response. is playing call of duty the same as going to war? obviously, not....

Comment

• Patroklus
                Banned
                • Feb 2011

I don't think playing a video game is the same as going to war, but I'm a little confused about the difference in putting on clothing as compared to putting on clothing?

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                  i think the problem here is that you are describing dressing as if it were cosplay, and that fantasy is essentially the same as real life. which is all ridiculous. and by that i mean worthy of ridicule.

but i think what you may have meant is that when you look good, you feel good. or at least better. and that makes a lot more sense...
                  I like to wear a black Dolce suit and patterned Prada shirt with some nice Corthay dress shoes when I'm doing a HK crime movies marathon. Cigars also help.
                  Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

This thread has just exceeded the WTF factor of the WTF thread.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                      Dressing is theater and pageantry, always. The only thing that changes is if your vocabulary is being dictated to you, because you're trying to dress up as Hatsune Miku or because you're unfortunate enough to have a dress code at work or because you just prostrate yourself before the aesthetic universe of your favorite designer or, worst of all, ur a scurred bitch who caves into peer pressure and treats fashion as a skill to grind to 99 and finish; or whether you build your own vocabulary by eating the aesthetic language of others, hiking up your dress, and defecating your own aesthetic universe.

Of the former category, I think I like cosplay more than any of the rest.
                      I am glad to see how well you describe yourself.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Patroklus
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2011

At one point in time I tried to add you to my ignore list, but it didn't work because you have an admin account.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

At one point in time I tried to add you to my ignore list, but it didn't work because you have an admin account.
                          The thing you should worry about is that I don't try to add you to my ban list.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DudleyGray
                            • Jul 2013

Oh god, what have I done, this is not what I wanted at all. This is why I don't talk in real life.
                            bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                              I like to wear a black Dolce suit and patterned Prada shirt with some nice Corthay dress shoes when I'm doing a HK crime movies marathon. Cigars also help.
                              lol. i like to wear a jersey when i watch football but i know i'm not a football player.

I don't think playing a video game is the same as going to war, but I'm a little confused about the difference in putting on clothing as compared to putting on clothing?
                              its the difference between putting on clothes and putting on a costume. for me there is a difference, even though objectively they are the same thing.

all that happened here is that dudley said something and he got ribbed a little for it and i felt bad for him because i don't think what he said is exactly what he meant, so i just offered up my take on it.

then Shucks zeroed in on a small part of what i said and that started us in the direction of a new discussion. a discussion i hoped to avoid because i think its stupid so i posted a funny picture. Shucks got his feathers ruffled and posted an image that he thought would insult me.

i think Shucks also used that image to illustrate what i think patroklus is also saying. that anytime we put on clothes there is an element of fantasy or theater or identity projection or imagination in it. and i agree with you to an extent, but there are limits. whether that limit for you is "good taste" or social expectations or just what is within the realm of the law, whatever it may be is up to you. but when you bust out way past the accepted limits of your social group its usually pretty funny, but also pretty immature. thats all i'm saying. and dudleys original post had nothing to do with this concept.

and this should be common sense. the discussion about it is just bullshit wasted time. philosophizing over a silly non-issue in an effort to flex your mental muscles or make a shallow easy point for no good reason at all.

we are all thoughtful people that are hungry to talk about things and engage with one another, but there is a difference between meaningful conversation and meaningless nitpicky nonsense chatter-posting. so often we are wasting precious keystrokes on the latter.

there are two things i see too much of around here: overthinking and underthinking. both of which are on annoyance level 99. the underthinkers need to post less and the overthinkers need to post in more interesting places on more interesting topics.
                              Last edited by cjbreed; 02-03-2014, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

CJbreed, I admire your patience.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎