X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
    my son chased down dhl who was prepared to not ring yet again. achievement unlocked.
    lol

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• curiouscharles
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by dji View Post
      makes me wonder how I lived without an apartment front office to collect my parcels in the past..
      worst part is that i live in a house, and my "office" window is well exposed to both the street & entrance.

when this happens to me, they simply don't come, yet the tracking updates to say "delivery attempted".

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
      my son chased down dhl who was prepared to not ring yet again. achievement unlocked.
      massive - officially considering children again.

-

Comment

• IALAB
        Banned
        • Feb 2014

I recently had an item delivered to me by USPS. The guy normally comes at around 1pm. At 9:30am I check the tracking and it says "Delivered". I'm excited, so I check outside and there's nothing. I call USPS and ask them what could have happened, and they tell me that many drivers simply scan all of their packages as "Delivered" in the morning, well before actually delivering them. Most absurd shit I've ever heard.

The USPS man dropped off the item at his usual time, 1pm.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
          gareth did rick this season better than rick did rick last season. didn't even need any campy step team doing a human centipede around the catwalk either!
          Well, can you get off your lazy ass and post the collection? Contribute something to this place, for god's sake.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• messenoire
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Well, can you get off your lazy ass and post the collection? Contribute something to this place, for god's sake.
            Absolutely! I was waiting for someone with better pictures to post something but I'll be home in a half hour and can post the ones from now fashion to be able to discuss the collection, the back detailing seems really interesting and the stark white palette seems refreshing contrasted against a traditionally all black season. I'm assuming it'll all be available in black, at least what makes it to retail, but still I love the elegance of so much white.

Comment

• lazyguru
              • Jun 2008

i Adore Rick Owens!!
              I dont even buy his clothes anymore but I just love what he does and who he is and how he becomes more himself and keeps doing what he does for his little universe and keeps his original vision tweaking it and refining it every season, Did CCP not say this once, believe in an idea & a vision stick with it and keep at it , or maybe t was someone else anyway!
              Rick is the definition of success & luxury

... Keep at it Rick and all you outcast ricks in the world , your time will come

Comment

• Null12
                • Oct 2013

Originally posted by IALAB View Post
                I recently had an item delivered to me by USPS. The guy normally comes at around 1pm. At 9:30am I check the tracking and it says "Delivered". I'm excited, so I check outside and there's nothing. I call USPS and ask them what could have happened, and they tell me that many drivers simply scan all of their packages as "Delivered" in the morning, well before actually delivering them. Most absurd shit I've ever heard.

The USPS man dropped off the item at his usual time, 1pm.
                Omg, this. ^ I hate when the play with my emotions like that.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lazyguru View Post
                  i Adore Rick Owens!!
                  I dont even buy his clothes anymore but I just love what he does and who he is and how he becomes more himself and keeps doing what he does for his little universe and keeps his original vision tweaking it and refining it every season, Did CCP not say this once, believe in an idea & a vision stick with it and keep at it , or maybe t was someone else anyway!
                  Rick is the definition of success & luxury

... Keep at it Rick and all you outcast ricks in the world , your time will come
                  Why in future tense? He's enjoying unprecedented success.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Was throwing out old magazines and decided to flip through the mammoth copy of L'Uomo Vogue from FW '98.

a) Boy, we've come a long way We really loved those 3-4 button suits, didn't we...
                    b) Jil Sander was the most modern designer. Everything else looked dated.
                    c) Barneys already advertised carrying Raf Simons
                    d) Yohji still mattered
                    e) Paolo Roversi is amazing (again)
                    f) Paul Rudd has not aged a day since 98 - WTF?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• trentk
                      • Oct 2010

contemplating buying a pair of vintage (probably us navy issue) bell bottom pants to dye black and wear with otherwise full ro as a men's take on the fw 09/10 women's silhouette

edit: I was going to suggest that rick design bell bottom / flare pants for men, but then I thought it would be much easier to instead design the 09/10 women's boot for men in order to get a flared silhouette. all he would really need to do is lower the heels such that they're idk 1.5 inches high.
                      also just so nobody thinks I have bad taste, this post is in the interest of experimentation... but I'm pretty sure the experiment - at least in the form of future ro men's boots - would work.
                      Last edited by trentk; 03-03-2014, 01:33 AM.
                      "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by trentk View Post
                        I was going to suggest that rick design bell bottom / flare pants for men
                        he did. anthem S/S 11.

flared cargo pants:

and here some flared boots:

and yes, flared pants absolutely fit into his universe, which includes paul stanley and gundam esthetics. let's see it when you're done.
                        Last edited by Shucks; 03-03-2014, 04:46 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

• trentk
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                          let's see it when you're done.
                          will do (if I can get the dying related shrinkage right).

The elephant boots are interesting, but my problems with them are: 1. pant flares are interesting to see sway in motion whereas these leather boots are static, 2. the womens boots are flared only in the back which gives the impression of speed (pant flares blown back), whereas the mens boots are slow, bulky, and lumbering.

Rick should issue a pair of these jeans for men such that they're still skinny in the thighs but not quite so skintight (same applies all over when they're zipped up). He could even issue a (wool-cashmere?) mainline pants version. Perhaps the mainline version could have a navy style 13 button front flap and back tie to heighten the military feel (or a subtly tweaked ro variation of this top closure). (click image for a 6-part image of the pants from front, back, and side views both zipped and unzipped). (goddamn Isabeli Fontana wears rick owens well)
                          "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Verdandi
                            • Mar 2012

This womenswear season was of the underwhelming sort. There were the Japanese plus a few select others in Paris and Pilati in Milan. Everyone else was dissapointing to me.
                            lavender menace

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                              • Mar 2009

Normcore, what the fuck is that all about?!!
                              I've been seeing this term pop up increasingly over the past week.
                              merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

oh god, can we PLEASE keep that hipster bullshit away from SZ... thank you in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎