Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Breaking news: the clothes we all like are very expensive, rich people buy expensive things, rich people don't necessarily have taste.
    music

Comment

• SuE
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
      That guy has floor seats at basketball games. We're not on his level.

Anyways, I was wondering because this whole stupid "90%," "rich chinese" thing got brought up, if a lot more people in your daily lives started dressing in the aesthetics of this forum how would you feel? I know of course some of you would roll your eyes with your elitism, and immediately think "oh wtf would this person know about _insert designer name_'s work?" but would you be happy such a style became a bit more common? that you would get less strange looks from people? like what happened with slim/skinny jeans? or are you happy this style has it's own little niche?
      I try to share my taste in music, clothes, films, tv shows etc with friends and colleagues. Some days I do enjoy looking different but I wouldn't mind if everyone adopts a similar style. Although it depends on how the style is spread: If the market suddenly converts overnight to small curated wardrobes of artisan made clothes then yay. If however the style is becomes the norm by Zara ripping it off then (see Faust on Making The Case Against Fast Fashion Collaborations or Liroy Choufan on Fashion's Democratic Disease)
      One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

That guy has floor seats at basketball games. We're not on his level.

Anyways, I was wondering because this whole stupid "90%," "rich chinese" thing got brought up, if a lot more people in your daily lives started dressing in the aesthetics of this forum how would you feel? I know of course some of you would roll your eyes with your elitism, and immediately think "oh wtf would this person know about _insert designer name_'s work?" but would you be happy such a style became a bit more common? that you would get less strange looks from people? like what happened with slim/skinny jeans? or are you happy this style has it's own little niche?
        I wouldn't mind at all. Better this than normcore. But it's a moot point since the aesthetic is challenging, it will never hit the real mainstream.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

Originally posted by PandorasFate View Post
          Aww, it's not been long since he loosed his Von Dutch collection to Craigslist, has it?
          been traveling so just catching up but it would be great to watch this guy executed on live tv.

Comment

• PandorasFate
            • Apr 2014

Today's observation: I went to a resale boutique in my town to acquire black work pants that it would be okay to destroy for low cost. As I am oft wont to do, I check every leather jacket on the "just in case" tip of some glorious luck befalling me. Lo and behold, I find a NWT Allsaints Zip up. It wound up in rural North Carolina. Even the farmers won't keep it.
            “Budget the luxuries first.”
            ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

but would you be happy such a style became a bit more common? that you would get less strange looks from people? like what happened with slim/skinny jeans? or are you happy this style has it's own little niche?
              Just indifference.
              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
                Wait, he tagged stylezeitgeist, I wanna know his alias on here, this man deserves a medal, no a whole fucking statue on a nice square.
                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• morsto
                  • Nov 2008

I never knew browsing through someones instagram profile could make me sad, I guess I am more fragile than I thought
                  I do not recognise the vessel,
                  but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

the most necessary post was his argument with his ferrari mechanic.

Comment

• deltapie
                      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                      the most necessary post was his argument with his ferrari mechanic.
                      because somehow he couldn't foresee his expensive luxury car needing expensive repairs. at least now I finally have an answer to "who actually buys dsquared?"
                      "Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

every cloud....

Comment

• apathy!
                          • Jan 2014

What is the general consensus on here about things like Boris Bidjan Saberi 11 and commes des garcons play?

It seems like nothing more than a money grab to me, but i'm uneducated.

Comment

• malaesthetique
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
                            What is the general consensus on here about things like Boris Bidjan Saberi 11 and commes des garcons play?

I see what you're doing here. Nice try but there is no general consensus on diffusion lines. Of course the intention is often to reach a wider audience, but sometimes it simply differentiates sportswear from main collections. Its best to evaluate garments on a case by case basis.

Play is complete garbage, and Shirt is no better.

Comment

• apathy!
                              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by malaesthetique View Post
                              I see what you're doing here. Nice try but there is no general consensus on diffusion lines. Of course the intention is often to reach a wider audience, but sometimes it simply differentiates sportswear from main collections. Its best to evaluate garments on a case by case basis.

Play is complete garbage, and Shirt is no better.
                              I guess it was a slightly thoughtless thing to say. cdg play is obviously different from drkshdw etc.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by apathy! View Post

Play is for hypebeasts. 11 is OK. DRKSHDW I wouldn't call a true diffusion for some items. It's still pretty good. MA_Julius is pretty nice from what I've felt.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎