Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
    90's ... trend
    u pretty much answered ur own question

Comment

• grapefruitpop
      Banned
      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
      Creative Director of 11 is not Boris, it's Israel Frutos, 11 is another team as the team that works on the mainline mostly, from my own experience Israel is very into street culture and an extreme lifestyle same as Boris but different, more urbanism,mass street style but still being distinctive. inspired by people like Alex Fakso http://www.fakso.com and street art etc, hence the printed textures,and camo print for current season and upcoming season.

I dislike the hoodie in the link as well, so I agree on that.

p.s. You will love the texture hand painted pockets on the jeans they will release on FW14 from my experience in the showroom last time in Paris.

photo from their instagram

And Faust well said
      wow a hand-painted white square? Must of taken one of Boris' unpaid interns all of 14 seconds to paint that. Will be well worth the $100-$200 upcharge for that beautiful, artisanal, handmade, avant garde white paint square.

Comment

• unwashed
        • Dec 2008

Haven't we seen this already enough with Evisu?
        Grailed link

Comment

• 550BC
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by grapefruitpop View Post
          wow a hand-painted white square? Must of taken one of Boris' unpaid interns all of 14 seconds to paint that. Will be well worth the $100-$200 upcharge for that beautiful, artisanal, handmade, avant garde white paint square.
          Haha you mad? I never mentioned avant-garde. It's a nice detail compared to the current 11 collection pants. Thats about it, prices? I have no clue.
          a fish out of water dies

Comment

• 550BC
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
            Haven't we seen this already enough with Evisu?
            flashback
            a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Ahimsa
              Vegan Police
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
              u pretty much answered ur own question
              I'm working on pinpointing it. I found a strong presence on Tumblr and Pinterest with a lot of them buying from Etsy at ridiculous prices, and a weak presence on lookbook.nu.

White girls wearing bindis has also been happening to which I largely attribute the influence of Grimes.

Having free access to a bunch of trend forecasting sites, I've come to the conclusion that they probably just drink and surf Tumblr and Pinterest all day.
              StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Haha you mad? I never mentioned avant-garde. It's a nice detail compared to the current 11 collection pants. Thats about it, prices? I have no clue.
                Some people just love waiting for something to pin their preconceived rants onto.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Null12
                  • Oct 2013

flashback
                  Yeah! Those seagulls, daicock, etc.~

Comment

• apathy!
                    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by daou0782
                    that's great.

Comment

• 550BC
                      • Jan 2013

On occasion, I have been told some of my outfits seem to fall into "cosplay" territory. Though I readily admit when when my experimentation goes wrong, I also get the impression that even the slightest deviation from the norm will trigger such observations. In time, I have come to realize--like many users of this forum have too--that "cosplay" or being dressed in costume is mostly a subjective construction dependent of the observer's context and the extent to which he knows what he ignores (i.e. how culturally "sheltered" he or she is). My stock response has become the question: "What is not cosplay?"

To this effect, I would like to bring up the work of photographer Ari Versluis who, since the mid nineties, has been documenting "style tropes" (what he calls exactitudes). The richness of his acquis serves as testament that arguably we all are, to a degree, in costume.
                      I know them personally, it's not only Ari Versluis, it's also Ellie Uyttenbroek.
                      a fish out of water dies

Comment

• apathy!
                        • Jan 2014

An open question.

Do you think it's important to have a "personal style" or do you prefer to showcase a designer's aesthetic?

I think this is comparable to people who obsess over a tattoo's meaning and design as opposed to epople who let a tattoo artist use their body as a canvas.

Comment

• e0d9n0b5
                          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
                          An open question.

Do you think it's important to have a "personal style" or do you prefer to showcase a designer's aesthetic?

I think this is comparable to people who obsess over a tattoo's meaning and design as opposed to epople who let a tattoo artist use their body as a canvas.
                          i just buy what i like. for tattoos, i think its somewhat ridiculous to expect every tattoo to have some sort of hidden meaning. something that looks good, can simply look good, without having to represent something.

Comment

• Shucks
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
                            neither.

Comment

• Picasso
                              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              I wouldn't mind at all. Better this than normcore. But it's a moot point since the aesthetic is challenging, it will never hit the real mainstream.
                              Excellent post. One of my difficulties with this style. I've learned to just take what i like. Not gonna lie it's in me to persay "ball out". But I'd like to stay true to the style as to not disrespect those who invented it and continue to create.

Comment

• 550BC
                                • Jan 2013

thanks. modified credits on original post. i am curious, how do they keep the site running? i've first visited it around 2003. being up for more than a decade must have cost some good money.
                                I actually don't know.. Their book is gone famous worldwide and I know they now focus more on identities and niche sub cultures in foreign countries, they had a documentary where they explained their process through the years, can't find it though but it was dutch anyway..they have a video on BBC UK you can google it.
                                a fish out of water dies

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎