Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Null12
    • Oct 2013

Imo - I love the gloved items, I just flip the cuff or slip them up when I am working on something. *shrugs* Practical~

Or maybe it's just my Boris Bias. idk.

As far as HS... Well, we will leave hs in... hs.

Comment

• 550BC
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      /\ lol.

I love the fingerless gloved effect on the perforated hoodie from SS13 I own. It's a detail that adds just a bit more character. And if I don't feel like using it, I just flip the cuffs up and they sit snug against the sleeve. And I have no problem with the zipper because he changed from the chunky ones to the riri.

Same thoughts
      a fish out of water dies

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

Well, glad you all like it. It's ok on some items but it's a bit heavy handed to put it on almost everything long sleeved. I know it would bug me on a tshirt for example.
        music

Comment

• apathy!
          • Jan 2014

Does anyone else find patent leather pretty offensive?

I feel like leather as a material deserves some respect.

Comment

• galia
            • Jun 2009

On shoes it's fine, on clothing, kikda ew. What's your beef with it tho? I haven't seen tons of patent learher in fashion recently
            Last edited by galia; 05-13-2014, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• apathy!
              • Jan 2014

I guess it is just a preference. If someone's going to use the skin of an animal in an item it should have some character to it and not just be plastic.

Comment

• galia
                • Jun 2009

good patent never looks plasticky. there is a sort of glazed tratement where I agree it makes leather look like vinyl, but good patent leather should have a beautiful deep shine that cant be replicated with plastic. plus it makes dainty shoes waterproof, and I can def get behind that

you probably don't care about dainty shoes, but it's still a valid point

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

lol

5char

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by galia View Post
                    good patent never looks plasticky. there is a sort of glazed tratement where I agree it makes leather look like vinyl, but good patent leather should have a beautiful deep shine that cant be replicated with plastic. plus it makes dainty shoes waterproof, and I can def get behind that

Patent is indeed an excellent choice for many women's shoes and good patent can even look great on certain men's shoes (see Pierre Corthay). Cheap patent is plastic coating and shit.
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• 550BC
                      • Jan 2013

Even though I don't like Complex, this was funny..

Whether you want to admit it or not, you were definitely all about these wardrobe musts in the '90s.
                      a fish out of water dies

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                        • Apr 2014

Sometimes I wish I was a female just so I could buy from Ann's female line.

edit:and look good in it.
                        Last edited by BlacknWhite; 05-18-2014, 02:58 AM. Reason: Comment below

Comment

• BodyDouble
                          • Jan 2014

That shouldn't have to stop you..

Comment

• apathy!
                            • Jan 2014

Does anyone know what the ridges that appear near the leg opening on many high-top sneakers are called? Does anyone know what the origin is of this?

It appears in some way on so many shoes. I imagine that the first shoes to have this would have been some kind of mass produced basketball sneaker, but perhaps it's from something more traditional.

(the ridges that are on the back of geobaskets/DBSS hightops etc)

edit:

I guess it's so that the designer can put in some padding which is necessary in this area because of the vulnerability of the achilles tendon area. Would still be interested in some examples of the early appearances of this design.

Comment

• malaesthetique
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
                              Does anyone know what the ridges that appear near the leg opening on many high-top sneakers are called? Does anyone know what the origin is of this?

It appears in some way on so many shoes. I imagine that the first shoes to have this would have been some kind of mass produced basketball sneaker, but perhaps it's from something more traditional.

(the ridges that are on the back of geobaskets/DBSS hightops etc)

edit:

I guess it's so that the designer can put in some padding which is necessary in this area because of the vulnerability of the achilles tendon area. Would still be interested in some examples of the early appearances of this design.
                              I believe its derived from protective leather moto-gear. Gloves, jackets, boots often have similar detailing.

Comment

• thejudge82
                                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
                                I just want one nice, simple leather jacket, but that seems so hard to find...

The only jacket that keeps coming back to me is the mmm 5 zip, but I hear quality was never good, and now worst.
                                The FW13 5 zip black calf isn't bad. I wanted a 5 zip and The Corner price of $1225 put me over. They still have stock I think. Current season 5 zips are sad

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎