Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oasis
    • Apr 2011

I quite like that idea, see who loves what pieces they own and why.
    Originally posted by christianef
    u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• eleven crows
      • Mar 2011

aka welcome to the ccp gallery

Comment

• Oasis
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
        On second thought I could definately see it turning into the CCP gallery with more chat.
        Originally posted by christianef
        u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
          basically.

Now I'm thinking about what I'd pick...hmm...
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• eleven crows
            • Mar 2011

tbh mine are both from damir s/s '09; the junko and jet jackets. would prolly kill for the jet in the rough silk iteration.

Comment

• michael_kard
              • Oct 2010

Sounds like something worth discussing, I just created the thread.
              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Random frustrations - why can I not, for the effin life of me, find a decent pair of pants??? You have the option of (a) overly-formal dress pants; (b) shredded/overly-distressed denim; or (c) overly-billowy dropcrotch things. I want them to be nicer than plain cotton pants, but not as nice as suit pants...and not $1000. Add to that, they have to fit my 34"+ inseam.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• copacetic
                  • Nov 2010

how about these, dane?

lumen et umbra, at pnp firenze. 435 euro.
                  And "When the prince has gathered about him
                  "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                    Random frustrations - why can I not, for the effin life of me, find a decent pair of pants??? You have the option of (a) overly-formal dress pants; (b) shredded/overly-distressed denim; or (c) overly-billowy dropcrotch things. I want them to be nicer than plain cotton pants, but not as nice as suit pants...and not $1000. Add to that, they have to fit my 34"+ inseam.
                    check out ab&s's individual sentiments pants.. should fit the bill.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I know exactly what you mean. A few options I've come up with - Devoa twist seam pants. Once on your body they look great - nice and slim. Also the current season Forme straight leg pants. It's like wearing your favorite pajamas outside. Not as slim as I'd like them, so I had mine tapered, but if you don't care for the shrink wrap, they are good. And well, well over 1k, but LUC J-pants are quite perfect.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        I know exactly what you mean. A few options I've come up with - Devoa twist seam pants. Once on your body they look great - nice and slim. Also the current season Forme straight leg pants. It's like wearing your favorite pajamas outside. Not as slim as I'd like them, so I had mine tapered, but if you don't care for the shrink wrap, they are good. And well, well over 1k, but LUC J-pants are quite perfect.

^of the devoa, what materials have you looked at for the twist pants and cropped/full length + material combo have you thought were executed best.

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

^^ I've been eyeing Devoa pants (mermaid?)...their all-over sizing has prevented me from asking Hide to grab me a pair, but I should investigate further.

Will look into Forme further...can't justify LUC prices, and definitely not until I get my hands on one of their knit pieces first.

Comment

• Patroklus
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2011

S2A made a pair of black heavy twill (denim...?) trousers that did it for me.

going down the list of trousers at ln-cc and picking some at random netted a few that fit your bill

those are just examples. i don't think you're looking hard enough

Comment

• tron
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                              I was thinking about something very similar: a thread where members would take nice photos of their favorite pieces, with an explanation of their history, where and how they acquired them, along with the reasons why they wear them everyday/love them so much.
                              that would be great. I always enjoy reading about peoples experiences with their garments and why they like them rather than just the stats.
                              "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by copacetic View Post
                                how about these, dane

lumen et umbra, at pnp firenze. 435 euro.
                                Vely nice, will check out.

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                                check out ab&s's individual sentiments pants.. should fit the bill.
                                What is ab&s?

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                                S2A made a pair of black heavy twill (denim...?) trousers that did it for me.

going down the list of trousers at ln-cc and picking some at random netted a few that fit your bill

those are just examples. i don't think you're looking hard enough
                                What is S2A? I'm apparently awful with acronyms...

YY's are sold out...I don't buy Jil Sander...the DD pants are virtually perfect, but my size is gone.

It's not that I'm lazy and haven't weighed several options...but there are a few stores I won't order from because they don't offer a duty-paid option, and we get raped by brokers here. Much appreciate the suggestions though!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎