X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bukka
    • Sep 2011

Old but still great.

(btw, what do I need to do to put the youtube video in the post?)

Edit: also this one, I'm especially amazed by this as my ironing skills suck hard
    Last edited by bukka; 07-17-2014, 06:47 PM.
    Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• 550BC
      • Jan 2013

[ youtube ] [ /youtube ] and put this part in between watch?v=JAr49K8c2-M
      a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I'm beginning to think that some members here post at behest of some stores and brands as a form of covert promotion.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• neongud
          • Mar 2013

To the guy that bought the last one of the BBS cardigans on the INK-sale: Was gonna buy it today, now I think I'm gonna buy a gun instead.

Comment

• messenoire
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            I'm beginning to think that some members here post at behest of some stores and brands as a form of covert promotion.
            ive thought that too. particularly in good finds when people suggest some outlandish design that has never been applicable here but they're really excited they found it at bargain prices

Comment

• 550BC
              • Jan 2013

I am starting to like perforated leather, although I will not buy it.
              a fish out of water dies

Comment

• KodakII
                • Sep 2008

Where did Sandra Backlund go?

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                  • Apr 2014

I was scrolling down my tumblr feed, looking at some interior design, and then I see that someone has reblogged a disturbing, and gruesome picture of a Palestinian baby boy dead with what I would assume is his father over his bed crying.
                  The people I follow, and the things they reblog or put up are essentially a fantasy lifestyle for me. Achievable in the near future, but still a fantasy. Then that picture, a taste of reality hits me hard as I scroll down.
                  After seeing that, I don't think I can ever look at the suicide smiley on this site with the same light heartedness again.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                    • Jul 2013

I think a line between humor and reality is essential, I hope you don't lose that, but lately I have been going through a similar thing, where I am just tired of being selfishly privileged. I mean just the reality of life, interacting with people who have real problems and trying to help people out, this is all shits and giggles in the end, albeit pricey shits and giggles. I mean I won't stop wanting/buying bullshit, but my perspective lately is changing.
                    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Shifts
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by KodakII View Post
                      Where did Sandra Backlund go?
                      Still seems to be active, although there is no new collection on her website since FW2013. Found this interview on a Swedish Elle blog from early 2014, talking about Backlund being the Stockholm shopping mall NK's new atelier designer. Google translate will be your friend:

Comment

• KodakII
                        • Sep 2008

Thank you for the info; I can't wait to see what she does next.

Comment

• Verdandi
                          • Mar 2012

Christophe Lemaire quit Hermès to focus on his eponymous label.

Good for him, but dammit, I only started buying Hermès RTW recently, mainly because of Lemaire. Got a coat from there last winter and I want to sleep in it and never take it off, it's that wondeful.

I know he'll continue with his own label, but I doubt they'll match the quality there unless the prices will climb to astronomical levels and I dont think that will work for a smaller label.

I am really running out of brands or people to buy from.
                          lavender menace

Comment

• Dorje
                            • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
                            Christophe Lemaire quit Hermès to focus on his eponymous label.

Good for him, but dammit, I only started buying Hermès RTW recently, mainly because of Lemaire. Got a coat from there last winter and I want to sleep in it and never take it off, it's that wondeful.

I know he'll continue with his own label, but I doubt they'll match the quality there unless the prices will climb to astronomical levels and I dont think that will work for a smaller label.

I am really running out of brands or people to buy from.

Interesting... I've only handled a few Lemaire pieces but was very impressed with the quality of them, the fit and style less so, they just didn't work for me. If I was going to own any of his work it would be a coat.

Comment

• Verdandi
                              • Mar 2012

The quality at Lemaire's own label is good, don't get me wrong, especially if you take pricing into consideration, but it is not Hermès. Then again, almost no one else is quality wise.
                              lavender menace

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
                                The quality at Lemaire's own label is good, don't get me wrong, especially if you take pricing into consideration, but it is not Hermès. Then again, almost no one else is quality wise.
                                Considering how high prices currently are for other brands compared to Lemaire, I don't think anyone will be upset with price hikes if production quality gets a little boost. Moving most if not all production to Italy it self, would garner more interest to his brand.

Best of luck to him. Def looking forward to future seasons. His coats, and knitwear have always been fantastic. #cozy

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎