• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post

I am really running out of brands or people to buy from.
    You know, sometimes it's not a bad problem to have. Perhaps Vetements will be good.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Verdandi
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      You know, sometimes it's not a bad problem to have. Perhaps Vetements will be good.
      I know, my wardrobe is already extensive enough as it is, but I have never been one for a small and 'curated closet.

There are still An and Filip, if only their good stuff wouldn't be so hard to find. And Yohji and Dries of course, but now that I think about it, I haven't bought a single thing the entire season.

I am actually really excited about Vetements, but I am weary about shopping online in general and even more so for new brands. I may actually make a trip to Antwerp to try it on.
      lavender menace

Comment

• Ulf
        • Apr 2014

Christophe Lemaire quit Hermès to focus on his eponymous label.

Good for him, but dammit, I only started buying Hermès RTW recently, mainly because of Lemaire. Got a coat from there last winter and I want to sleep in it and never take it off, it's that wondeful.

I know he'll continue with his own label, but I doubt they'll match the quality there unless the prices will climb to astronomical levels and I dont think that will work for a smaller label.

I am really running out of brands or people to buy from.
        Véronique Nichanian designs Hermès menswear, Christophe Lemaire did womenswear. Hermès quality really is incredible.

Edit: I don't know if you buy womenswear or menswear, in which case this might not be useful info...
        Last edited by Ulf; 07-22-2014, 06:05 AM. Reason: Edit: I don't know if you buy womenswear or menswear, in which case this might not be useful info...

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

I know, my wardrobe is already extensive enough as it is, but I have never been one for a small and 'curated closet.

There are still An and Filip, if only their good stuff wouldn't be so hard to find. And Yohji and Dries of course, but now that I think about it, I haven't bought a single thing the entire season.

I am actually really excited about Vetements, but I am weary about shopping online in general and even more so for new brands. I may actually make a trip to Antwerp to try it on.
          fyi they are opening a flagship in antwerp soon.

Comment

• rider
            eyes of the world
            • Jun 2009

preview of vetements
            the lines are sleek and fluid. I think you have to be pretty tall to pull it off though...

Comment

• Verdandi
              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
              fyi they are opening a flagship in antwerp soon.
              Really? That's fantastic news, then a couple of short hops to Antwerp are definitely in order. Thank you for the information Shucks!

And rider, I swoon on a regular basis over the preview, but won't order blind as I have no clue about the fit. Thankfully, a couple of great Boutiques within a few hours driving range will stock them. We'll see about the length and proportions, I am around 5'8 so it might work.
              lavender menace

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Shut up, Shucks, SZ magazine was supposed to break the news, lol.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

dude it's on the web already (standaard.be) but feel free to delete my post.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I know, I was kidding.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Resonkuken
                      • Oct 2012

I wondered, do people her own KVA sneakers? You see so many rick trainers, which look great and everyone praise, that I imagined there would be some love for KVA, at least the surgical or multilaced hightops. I`ve had the former for 3+ years and, not only are they super comfortable ( I wear them for hours and hours, walking, riding my motorcycle, etc) but even with all the wear they have, they look quite pristine as well.

Comment

• jogu
                        • Jun 2009

skip ahead to the 2 minute mark and look at those shoulders lol , 1st thing i thought of was one of our fav designers

Comment

• neongud
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Resonkuken View Post
                          I wondered, do people her own KVA sneakers? You see so many rick trainers, which look great and everyone praise, that I imagined there would be some love for KVA, at least the surgical or multilaced hightops. I`ve had the former for 3+ years and, not only are they super comfortable ( I wear them for hours and hours, walking, riding my motorcycle, etc) but even with all the wear they have, they look quite pristine as well.
                          I got a pair of the multilaces/mummy sneakers he did for Dior. My favorite pair of shoes. Don't get much wear atm though.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                            • Jul 2013

Lately I'm feeling that mixing one designer piece brings more attention to its exceptional qualities than wearing head to toe designer.
                            bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• j100000
                              • May 2014

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                              Lately I'm feeling that mixing one designer piece brings more attention to its exceptional qualities than wearing head to toe designer.
                              I agree with this 100% (not just because that I can only afford a few pieces)

Comment

• 550BC
                                • Jan 2013

head to toe in a specific designer creates a better silhouette and synergy between each piece and keeps the balance to let all items be equal. I sometimes wear basic H&M T-Shirts and it can work, but it looks very weak compared to the leather on top or the trousers etc. there is no balance...
                                a fish out of water dies

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎