Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • syed
    • Sep 2010

Screw the waiting, if you like his work, get it now. I used to think I'd wear Yohji when I was older and that I wasn't ready now, but I took the plunge and I'm glad I did. Life's too short.

To quote the master himself "If you feel strongly about someone, go up to them. Pursue what you want in life. Why be shy about something like that?"
    "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• BlacknWhite
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by yack View Post
      Can we finally retire authenticity along with the concept of identity?
      Hell no. When asked about their clothing, what are all these stuck up, pretentious designers going to spew out of their mouth then?

"Im just tryna design dope clothing"? or Talk about functionality?

Comment

• the breaks
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by yack View Post
        Can we finally retire authenticity along with the concept of identity?
        ... and replace it with "does shit look sick as fuck"
        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by syed View Post
          Screw the waiting, if you like his work, get it now. I used to think I'd wear Yohji when I was older and that I wasn't ready now, but I took the plunge and I'm glad I did. Life's too short.

To quote the master himself "If you feel strongly about someone, go up to them. Pursue what you want in life. Why be shy about something like that?"
          I agree in a way. Yohji is either for you or it's not for you. I suppose much also depends on your life's circumstances. I don't see myself wearing anything drastically different when I'm 50 then what I do know, and I've seen plenty 30 year olds looking great in Yohji.

The more we are hitting postmodernism in fashion, the more things like age difference begin to fade.

Know what I'm sayin..?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• syed
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            I agree in a way. Yohji is either for you or it's not for you.
            Absolutely agree, but you'll never know until you try wearing some. I think if people are interested in his work, and think they'll wear it in later life, why not try it now and see how it feels?
            "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

I look like an angsty teenager in my current clothes and I'm afraid that I'll just look like a kid dressing up in my dad's clothes if I wear Yohji now, before I'm gray and wrinkled.
              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

I follow a thread of men who take pictures of themselves wearing strange designer clothing, sometimes in dramatic settings. They are exceptionally talented at this, and a lot of my wardrobe is inspired by their pictures. Sometimes they sell their clothing, sometimes I buy their clothing while ignoring just how creepy that seems.
                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• grapefruitpop
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2013

Originally posted by syed View Post

actually, life is the longest thing you will ever experience and will make everything else seem short in comparison.

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Trouble
                    I'm 19 and I wear Yohji step it up u pussy

;)
                    haha. awesome.

Comment

• apathy!
                      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by grapefruitpop View Post
                      actually, life is the longest thing you will ever experience and will make everything else seem short in comparison.

It may be the longest thing we ever experience but it's still too short to spend fucking around with stuff you don't like.

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                      haha. awesome.

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

I can't stand Rick-style streetwear looks anymore, even if done well. Over-saturation killed it (for me). Also can't stand the most leather-intensive CDiem or whatever look but l'maltieri labcoat look is fine.
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• BodyDouble
                          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                          I can't stand Rick-style streetwear looks anymore, even if done well. Over-saturation killed it (for me). Also can't stand the most leather-intensive CDiem or whatever look but l'maltieri labcoat look is fine.
                          It was Wooster that ruined it for you, admit it.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                            I have yet to run into someone wearing rick more than once a month and I live in London. And work in Shoreditch.
                            You live in Canada. Over saturation?
                            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BodyDouble View Post
                              It was Wooster that ruined it for you, admit it.
                              Not really, regular rick is fine by me though, just no street-goth-rick.

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                                I have yet to run into someone wearing rick more than once a month and I live in London. And work in Shoreditch.
                                You live in Canada. Over saturation?
                                I travel the whole year, I see a lot of Rick depending where I am (knowing more than one person who works/has worked there also helps) + let's face it media saturation (i.e. editorial saturation but also tumblr or whatever). I'm not saying I am morally right, just where I am right now with the most popular designer on SZ. I'm also starting to OD on ChloƩ style minimalism but who cares.

note: I hardly see a link between Shoreditch style and Rick but hey.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎