• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

yes!

if you skip to 9:30 or so on the iranian song, the tempo picks up a bit and matches the beat even better
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• eleves
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by KodakII View Post
      Based upon the lookbook alone, Thamanyah S/S 2015 looks awful.
      Must kop executioner masks
      Originally posted by Faust
      HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• trentk
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
        You meant at the same time? Because it's fucking awesome.
        At the same time or alternating between, I like both.

Iraqi Maqam is also pretty awesome btw:

(If there are any maqam or dastgah aficionados on sz, please, speak up. I'm all ears and would love to know more about the genres, where to find good recordings etc. So far, I've found this iraqi maqam site and this intro to persian music pretty helpful.)
        "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• casem
          • Sep 2006

Yea... I respect him wanting to use Arabic and reference his home country but the way it's used as a white graphic print on black streetwear looks wayyyy too much like KTZ or any of those endless terrible streetwear hype brands. Too bad, I was really impressed with what I saw in stores the last season, hopefully there will still be good stuff to be found in this collection.

Originally posted by KodakII View Post
          Based upon the lookbook alone, Thamanyah S/S 2015 looks awful.
          music

Comment

• LelandJ
            Banned
            • Apr 2014

When you're at the tailor and having the back taken in on a casual blazer, make sure you raise your arms up all the way to a steering wheel driving position so it doesn't become too restrictive. Learned the hard way myself earlier today.

Comment

• 550BC
              • Jan 2013

trentk, Mohammad Reza Lotfi is a legend in Persian Classical Music, by far one of my most favorite, he passed away a couple of months ago.

a fish out of water dies

Comment

• eleves
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
                trentk, Mohammad Reza Lotfi is a legend in Persian Classical Music, by far one of my most favorite, he passed away a couple of months ago.
                Thank you for that, the music is beautiful. No idea who Lotfi was but I will look into his work more.
                Originally posted by Faust
                HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• trentk
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
                  Thanks. I understand the santoor better than I do the tar and sitar, and Mohammad-Reza Lotfi's music is helping me "get" those latter two instruments.
                  "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• 550BC
                    • Jan 2013

My pleasure! Glad you both appreciate his music
                    a fish out of water dies

Comment

• upsilonkng
                      • May 2010

back to the rick burnout...
                      I live in la and as trendy as the fuckheads here are, i very rarely see people in rick, summer or otherwise, there's the occasional stooges in a reduced role and some version of Ramones but it's super rare and far between unless it's someone i know. Though to be honest I've in the last 2 years actually had early 20 somethings males ask me if something was rick owens which never happened 4-5 years ago, just girls then. and this is La La land so ... I can't see how it's overdone except on this here internet.

Comment

• KodakII
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                        Must kop executioner masks
                        ...no comment.

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                        Yea... I respect him wanting to use Arabic and reference his home country but the way it's used as a white graphic print on black streetwear looks wayyyy too much like KTZ or any of those endless terrible streetwear hype brands. Too bad, I was really impressed with what I saw in stores the last season, hopefully there will still be good stuff to be found in this collection.
                        I hope so. His first few seasons were great, but like you stated, this is exactly like KTZ and their ilk. Maybe the good part of the collection was left out of the lookbook.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

I didn't get a chance to view this particular collection, but judging by past ones, I would guess that this lookbook is just a "highlight" of it as it seems like a rather small selection.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• delicious_not
                            • Dec 2012

it's a hard decision to buy non-black rick after years of only-black rick.

Comment

• unwashed
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
                              it's a hard decision to buy non-black after years of only-black
                              fixed
                              Grailed link

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

thought it would be an easy decision because you'd run out of shit to buy in black.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎