X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LelandJ
    Banned
    • Apr 2014

Tried to google a dudleygray fitpic after reading his contributions in the Tom's thread but found a nice historical harnden-esque pic instead:

Comment

• DudleyGray
      • Jul 2013

Lol yeah, I don't do WAYWT. Everyone has seen this look a thousand times over. I may be irreverent here at times but I respect WAYWT enough to stay out of it.
      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

By searching this forum?
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• j100000
          • May 2014

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
          You're gonna get so banned if the first thing you do after reaching 100 posts involves the classifieds.

But yeah, VA does some good stuff, and yeah--search function.

Cose Ipanema In Melbourne stocks it, since you're in this region. Had a bunch of VA stuff 50% off last time I was there, although that's probably ended by now.
          I'll delete those 2.

Yeah most likely would be finished by now but thanks for the heads up

Comment

• eleves
            • Sep 2012

According to current active users list, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who needs some early morning Zeitgeist. Also, SZ ice bucket challenge, has it infiltrated any of your lives yet? Were you wearing Rick Owens while doing it?

Also regarding that HBA billboard/advertisement comment from above: it's pretty wild. I saw people move from heavily logo'd things to minimally logo'd things and then evolve into ridiculously logo'd things. I've also seen this whole typography graphic movement and I can't remember when it started. I want to say Cav Empt (I like CE although I don't wear it. I will always have respect for SK8THING) started doing it and everyone followed suit but you'd be hard pressed to see as much CE in the streets as HBA
            Last edited by eleves; 08-22-2014, 10:51 AM.
            Originally posted by Faust
            HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• syed
              • Sep 2010

^ Reo did it like a boss http://instagram.com/p/r86TNqKWdK
              "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• eleves
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by syed View Post
                ^ Reo did it like a boss http://instagram.com/p/r86TNqKWdK
                Hahaha awesome
                Originally posted by Faust
                HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• schemedream
                  • Jan 2013

On my way to burning man for the ninth time. I can't decide if I should wear the Rick or Julius boots....

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by schemedream View Post
                    On my way to burning man for the ninth time. I can't decide if I should wear the Rick or Julius boots....
                    I hope you are not one of those
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• schemedream
                      • Jan 2013

Insert snarky reply.

I'm all reality a lot of my people work with these people. Burning man has turned into another gig for us. It's definitely a thing and has been for a long time.

In all reality, if someone offered you $5-10k to do what you already do all summer, why wouldn't you do it at burning man? The core principles haven't been a staple of the general population of it for some time. Everyone is getting paid at this point. Need to rent a sound system, lights, fly your favorite international dj out, renting a truck, generator, etc? You're paying for it somehow. How is it any different than paying someone to run any of that? I don't agree with it, but work is work. I've never taken one of these said jobs, but I've done the same caliber of work for weeks out there for free. That shit is brutal and thankless. I don't blame anyone for taking a part of the pie with them. It's a shitty capitalistic mentality that's unfortunately becoming more and more prevelant in anything that is close to counter culture.

I'll have a sitrep when I get back if anyone care to discuss this annual migration more. I decided to go with my old Ann d Shit kickers instead. Not gonna bring anything I care about to the desert so it can be destroyed.

Comment

• guardimp
                        • Jun 2010

I don't get the problem people have with the tech elite going and changing it from an event about whatever you make it to an event about what they make it. Some people always have more at burning man, these people just are flaunting it. And regardless, it's not these camps you hear every year being connected to another bunch of rapes. I'd sooner be around people who are pretending to be alt than people who are pretending not to be rapists. Btw have you been to burning man Faust?

Edit: have fun schemedream, had to give away my ticket last minute. Instead of the playa I'm on a lake for work. :(

Comment

• schemedream
                          • Jan 2013

The same people whobare writing these kinds of headlines are the same people who are upset that San fransisco is changing and becoming gentrified. It's a city based on migration and change. The same people who made Sf the place it is displaced people themselves. Burning man is definitely the same, and also whatever you make it.

I work festivals and events all year. This is my first burn since 09 that I haven't been apart of a 250+ theme camp. I don't have any responsibilities or plans. Shit, now that I think about it this is the first event / festival since 09 that I'm literally just going to as an attendee. What am I going to do with myself?

Thanks for the well wishes. Leaving Fernley. Almost there. Catch ya on the flip.

Comment

• guardimp
                            • Jun 2010

It seems like this is a great example of the chickens coming home to roost. The festival has radically changed from what it was, prob around mid 2000s, to this newer thing. Now it doesn't just get the word class entertainment but also it is stuck with the playboy techies or models and bottles.

It's humorous to see NYC people raise issue to changing demographics. Nightlife is far beyond the tunnel or limelight and the 90s, door policy changed club kids are gone. Seems like there are big parallels to be drawn to burning man.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I don'g to to festivals and I couldn't care less about Burning Man or whatever fucking utopia kids make up to go get high and fuck - more power to them. But you two are saying belongs into WTF thread. Not even worth arguing.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LelandJ
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2014

Since I'm reading about Burning Man here I might as well ask. Do hundreds of djs go to this thing and are you always hearing music from different sound systems at the same time?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎