• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by volta View Post
    no, high end cables makes no difference whatsoever. i have bashed several who has invested in them. hold your assumptions, kay? i did not expect anything different, but ignoring facts and label them as idiocy is pretty fucking ironic.
    The fact is, someone else's purchase, regardless of numbers, is not something you can comment on accurately...you aren't educated on their intentions, so assuming you are is, in fact, rather idiotic. If I said I replaced my television with a fishtank, would that be an automatic downgrade? The technology on a fishtank may qualify as inferior to a plasma tv as well, but who are you to judge? Both would give the end-viewer a certain amount of pleasure that you know nothing about.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• volta
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
      The fact is, someone else's purchase, regardless of numbers, is not something you can comment on accurately...you aren't educated on their intentions, so assuming you are is, in fact, rather idiotic.
      completely wrong. your intention here, was clearly in need of a new visual experience, and picked the inferior product, which is a statement i can stand behind with certainty as someone in this field, without any hint of subjectivity. OK? are you seriously fucking dense enough to argue how washed out colours caused by a cheap technology/backlight stand against a panny plasma with much deeper blacks, the biggest similarity to an OLED you can come today? wouldn't think so.

If I said I replaced my television with a fishtank, would that be an automatic downgrade? The technology on a fishtank may qualify as inferior to a plasma tv as well, but who are you to judge? Both would give the end-viewer a certain amount of pleasure that you know nothing about.
      yeah, but who the hell stated anything about your personal pleasure? the only thing here is that the plasma is superior by tests, by fact, by stats, instead you go on acting like some kind of witty retard, typing nonsense completely devoid of coherency.

the led is not the better technology just cause you want it to be, it's not rich, it's not crisp, deal with it.
      Last edited by volta; 11-27-2011, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by trentk View Post
        One's relationship to his clothes is only authentic if he would wear them alone at home, when he could just as easily slog around in pajamas.
        There is this thing called taking care of clothes. I suppose you are not familiar with it.

I'd like to see AKA slogging in his Rick shearling around the house though... So decadent.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Random frustrations - why can I not, for the effin life of me, find a decent pair of pants??? You have the option of (a) overly-formal dress pants; (b) shredded/overly-distressed denim; or (c) overly-billowy dropcrotch things. I want them to be nicer than plain cotton pants, but not as nice as suit pants...and not $1000. Add to that, they have to fit my 34"+ inseam.

Stephan Schneider sometimes makes some pants without front creases or pleats, which sounds like what you're looking for.
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by trentk View Post
            One's relationship to his clothes is only authentic if he would wear them alone at home, when he could just as easily slog around in pajamas.
            My relationship to my pajamas is just as authentic so I hafta wear them in that context, same thing goes for my slippers and robe.
            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• BeauIXI
              • Nov 2008

Random frustrations - why can I not, for the effin life of me, find a decent pair of pants??? You have the option of (a) overly-formal dress pants; (b) shredded/overly-distressed denim; or (c) overly-billowy dropcrotch things. I want them to be nicer than plain cotton pants, but not as nice as suit pants...and not $1000. Add to that, they have to fit my 34"+ inseam.
              How about some deadstock Cloak, if you can find some?
              Originally posted by philip nod
              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by volta View Post
                completely wrong. your intention here, was clearly in need of a new visual experience, and picked the inferior product, which is a statement i can stand behind with certainty as someone in this field, without any hint of subjectivity. OK? are you seriously fucking dense enough to argue how washed out colours caused by a cheap technology/backlight stand against a panny plasma with much deeper blacks, the biggest similarity to an OLED you can come today? wouldn't think so.

yeah, but who the hell stated anything about your personal pleasure? the only thing here is that the plasma is superior by tests, by fact, by stats, instead you go on acting like some kind of witty retard, typing nonsense completely devoid of coherency.

the led is not the better technology just cause you want it to be, it's not rich, it's not crisp, deal with it.
                My point was, the entire time, why do you care so much? What difference does it make to you what technology I use?
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Vanna
                  • May 2008

Gagas workshop and Barneys is bullshit. Theyre selling St Marks subglasses with lace and studs for 300+ dollars, and whoppers in a glass milk bottle for 30. Give me a fucking break.
                  Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

I don't know about you, but I always wanted a Lady Gaga light up yo-yo...

-

The next H&M collaboration will be with Marni... What is up with that.
                    Last edited by michael_kard; 11-29-2011, 03:24 PM.
                    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• eleven crows
                      • Mar 2011

does anyone else find there scope of purchases, or potential purchases, really slimming down? i've only really been in this game for a few years, but there's only three or four designers i really follow with the intention of future wear.

Comment

• the breaks
                        • Sep 2007

I would agree that designers are falling off for different reasons (Hedi, Raf, Miyashita etc.) and new ones aren't really stepping up.
                        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
                          does anyone else find there scope of purchases, or potential purchases, really slimming down? i've only really been in this game for a few years, but there's only three or four designers i really follow with the intention of future wear.
                          Read from the middle of the page and onto the next one
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Does anyone else react the same when they see that a garment is made from 100% cotton - ie. - meh, move on? (speaking of seeing things online)

I know there are beautiful cottons out there...and that it's more about the weave/texture/whathaveyou, but something about cotton, I'm assuming it's prevalence in cheap, shitty clothing, makes me cringe a little every time. It also makes it harder for me to spend as much.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I understand. You may automatically think you can get a substitute. Tell you what though - I still wear my basic Jil Sander l/s tee that I bought about 11 years ago. It's amazing how good her quality was - it hasn't lost a iota of shape or color. So don't call me an old man when I say they don't make 'em like they used to...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

that i only buy rick, nike and uniqlo makes my life a good deal easier

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎