X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • delicious_not
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
    i feel bad for u that 90% of what u wear is stuff you don't understand. good luck, man.
    no, it's the opposite - i am perfectly aware of what i wear and what impression these clothes will make on people. that's why i like to play it safe sometimes. i fucking love to blend in. that's like wearing a disguise that hides my personality from the random people i don't care about. wearing a 10$k rick outfit and taking the metro - what the fuck?

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

and u still don't get it...

Comment

• guardimp
        • Jun 2010

I'm confused if you are saying people won't realize how expensive your outfit is, or that you don't want to stand out? Why let other people you don't care about alter your personality, if you are saying your clothing is your personality.

Comment

• 550BC
          • Jan 2013

this guy is a d-bag that only wants to wear these clothes when people understand how much he paid, because other than the price tag the clothes are worthless to him. he has 0 character. now you can continue and try to make it sound better delicious_not, but you're on a whole other mindset than people here.
          a fish out of water dies

Comment

• delicious_not
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
            this guy is a d-bag that only wants to wear these clothes when people understand how much he paid, because other than the price tag the clothes are worthless to him.
            i wonder how bad one should read my posts to come out with such a conclusion?

fuck it. you guys totally don't get what i mean. if you want to look like a spaceship commander or a ninja all the time then fine, it's not like i ever tried to stop someone with my posts. i don't care, i just share my opinion. so one more try and i'm out of this thread.

yes, i don't get what statement you make dressing yourself in a 5-10k$ outfit just to get to a local 24/7 shop. there will be dudes in cheap sweatpants who just want some beer and there will be moms who need diapers for their kids, also a cashier who probably doesn't need a shit from this life anymore and you looking like a villain from a movie will be the funniest thing he/she saw all week. suit yourselves, but i'd rather keep my precious clothes for other, better situations.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

I think you might not be getting what others are saying, not the other way around.. No one is saying you have to wear the same exact thing in every situation, or that you couldn't adjust to the occasion. Thats not the point, and I don't have time to explain the point right now but it's somewhere in the earlier replies...
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Resonkuken
                • Oct 2012

Dude, you really don´t get it. Save your clothes for other situations, who does that? We´re not talking about wearing a tuxedo or a scuba suit, it´s just clothes. Yes, these particular set of garments most of us wear are on the expensive side but who cares. what situation merits me to wear a 300 buck bbs tee and which doesn´t? I wear them to work, to lay around at home, to visit friends and family, riding my bike here and there, and it´s the same with the rest of what I usually wear (which is mostly bbs and some devoa, julius, etc).

Comment

• neostrifeX
                  • Jun 2013

delicious_not, I don't think anyone here is trying to make a statement. People are wearing what they like and are comfortable in, and that's it. The clothes people wear here aren't meant for any certain occasion as Resonkuken mentioned. Yeah they're a little more eccentric than "normal" clothing, but in the end... it's just clothes. Really, who cares if some cashier thinks it's the funniest thing they've seen all week. That's a ridiculous thing to worry about.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                    • Nov 2014

I, too, used to think that way, but you gotta ask yourself: what are you saving these clothes for? There will never be a point in your life when you wake up and think "I have restrained from wearing all Rick, but now the time has come!"
                    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by neostrifeX View Post
                      The clothes people wear here aren't meant for any certain occasion
                      This is bullshit, firstly "the clothes people wear here" is a ridicilously broad statement, and secondly, why would everything need to be suitable every situation? if your lifestyle makes it possible to wear the same stuff 24/7, thats great, but I would say for a majority of people this is not the case and there is nothing wrong with dressing differently for different occasions.

I can only speak for myself but I dress differently for work, home, and other / free time entirely depending on what I do or where I go. However, this does NOT mean you have to dramatically switch aesthetics. My attire within a single day can range from sweatpants and hoodies at home to a suit at work to jeans and a t-shirt to the park with my kids, but what matters to me is that it all looks "me", or at least I like to think so. Funny thing is, the discussion started from "wearing all Rick Owens", and all of the aforementioned could be Rick.

That said, delicous_not, I think you are still overhinking it an I think you also need to figure why you want to dress a certain way. If you are truly dressing for yourself (even if it includes expressing yourself), you should be able to figure out what to wear in whatever situation. I'm not sure if that makes sense but thats the best I can phrase it...
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Funny how we keep having the same discussion. I wonder if the two camps broadly fall into "kids" (lifestyles where as the day goes by no drastic alterations to social milieu happen) and "adults" (clearly demarcated social situations - office, family, day, evening, etc.)
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

what is your reasoning behind choosing those particular labels?

Comment

• mikko
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Funny how we keep having the same discussion. I wonder if the two camps broadly fall into "kids" (lifestyles where as the day goes by no drastic alterations to social milieu happen) and "adults" (clearly demarcated social situations - office, family, day, evening, etc.)
                            Hah, your labels are funny.

I find myself in definitely the latter lifestyle: just transitioned to work for a big, big corporation after working at consultancies and design studios for 10 years, have kids etc. but my dress sense is still your first label.

So wouldn't say it's so black and white, one can find a working model in the grey area too.

Comment

• 550BC
                              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
                              i wonder how bad one should read my posts to come out with such a conclusion?

fuck it. you guys totally don't get what i mean. if you want to look like a spaceship commander or a ninja all the time then fine

yes, i don't get what statement you make dressing yourself in a 5-10k$ outfit just to get to a local 24/7 shop.

also a cashier who probably doesn't need a shit from this life anymore and you looking like a villain from a movie will be the funniest thing he/she saw all week. suit yourselves, but i'd rather keep my precious clothes for other, better situations.
                              Judging from your previous posts, it sounds like you go 9/10 times with your regular clothing and you see your other clothing as hobby / role playing and keep those for situations where people will pay you respect because they can tell how much its worth and what the brand is etc.

What I wonder is, what kind of items you have in your closet that you think makes you look like a villain or spaceship commander... I haven't seen a single person on SZ dressed up something similar like that. We already had this discussion before about dressing up to buy cat food or simple errand and for many the answer was no. I haven't seen anyone wearing extreme haute couture outside of Fashion Weeks

I don't wear extreme clothing at all or near something cosplay or a fictional figure/alter ego.. but the point is to be comfortable with your purchase in most daily situations, though I know nothing of your environment or life
                              a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mikko View Post
                                Hah, your labels are funny.

I find myself in definitely the latter lifestyle: just transitioned to work for a big, big corporation after working at consultancies and design studios for 10 years, have kids etc. but my dress sense is still your first label.

So wouldn't say it's so black and white, one can find a working model in the grey area too.
                                Mine, too. I'm definitely a kid.

Shucks, I mean by these labels the social conventions.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎