Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Ya know, I think delicious_not's only problem is his hyperbole. I more or less agree with his sentiment there's a time and place for things and getting decked out in avant garde highest fashion to run to 7-11 is pretty silly. That said, a lot of what Rick designs and what ppl here wear is more or less high end loungewear so I don't think it would look out of place lazing around or running errands.

Call me a conformist, but there are outfits I have and like that I wouldn't be comfortable wearing in every situation. It's not that I don't have the confidence to pull it off, it's that I have the intelligence and social etiquette to realize not every situation is about me expressing myself to the max (blame it on the norsk in me ). I have many selves anyway and I'm perfectly happy with that.
    music

Comment

• Lohikaarme
      • Jul 2013

TBH I sort of dress like that...

If I have nowhere important to be, I'll probably be in the comfiest possible clothes.

Then again, I also "save" some of my t-shirts. If I'm going to go out for two hours to grab groceries, I'll wear one of my lesser shirts. I'll wear a better shirt if I'm going to be out for eight hours or so because then I can justify taking it out of my rotation for laundry.

Comment

• HugAndWug
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by casem View Post
        it's that I have the intelligence and social etiquette to realize not every situation is about me expressing myself to the max
        the social etiquette of not wearing designer clothes to go to 711?

im still confused by anyone giving a shit what someone wears to a store

Comment

• casem
          • Sep 2006

Oh good lord, it's not about the f*cking 7-11, how dense are people here.

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
          the social etiquette of not wearing designer clothes to go to 711?

im still confused by anyone giving a shit what someone wears to a store
          music

Comment

• hausofblaq
            • Oct 2014

I think it's not about why not wear designer clothing when going grocery shopping, but why?

If I'm going to be out for 5 mins, why do I need to layer multiple shirts, tuck my pants into my backzip boots and throw on all my silver jewelry?

Obviously, that's an exaggerated example but I think you get the point. There's no need to express ourselves fully as casem puts it for such a mindless task, just throw on a pair of sweats, an old tshirt and some sneakers.

Comment

• Scander
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by hausofblaq View Post
              I think it's not about why not wear designer clothing when going grocery shopping, but why?

If I'm going to be out for 5 mins, why do I need to layer multiple shirts, tuck my pants into my backzip boots and throw on all my silver jewelry?

Obviously, that's an exaggerated example but I think you get the point. There's no need to express ourselves fully as casem puts it for such a mindless task, just throw on a pair of sweats, an old tshirt and some sneakers.
              Ok, but why the sweats, the old tshirt and some sneakers?
              I have also to switch my kuboraum with another glasses?

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

i don't do grocery shopping. it interferes with my style.

Comment

• xeraphim
                  • Nov 2008

Comment

• interest1
                    • Nov 2008

⤴ You win this thread, xeraphim. End of discussion.
                    sain't

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Haha, agreed. Awesome.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• qcqc
                        • Oct 2012

is she wearing RAFs?

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                          i don't do grocery shopping. it interferes with my style.
                          I've been known to top up the Malbec on murder mile in a crust priest dress and wedges. I survived. They survived. Was fun.
                          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Shucks
                            • Aug 2010

10/10.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                              • Jul 2013

Luxury knits are the epitome of luxury. Expensive, delicate, destined to pill, snag, fray, and disintigrate, but oh so soft and warm and comforting. At least you can vibram a sneaker. It's like the least bang for your buck in terms of durability yet at the same time the most pleasurable.
                              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                                Rick Owens knits are the epitome of luxury. Expensive, delicate, destined to pill, snag, fray, and disintigrate, but oh so soft and warm and comforting. At least you can vibram a sneaker. It's like the least bang for your buck in terms of durability yet at the same time the most pleasurable.
                                Fixed. I have Raf Simons and Ann Demeulemeester sweaters that are 12 years old and look brand new.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎