Comment

• galia
      • Jun 2009

^I just did

Comment

• Prudy
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
        Sadly I can't name any collections off the top of my head. But rest assured there are plenty women's shows with bare chests.
        The McQueen graduate collection is a great example. Nudity + implied sexual violence, etc...

This Rick show doesn't even really come close to anything shocking, IMO.

Comment

• wildinthewoods
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by PurpleJesuss View Post
          I can understand how viewing that video as a teen might make you feel this way. I think a lot of what rick does is meant as a "fuck your standards" gesture and this video as well as the FW15 show reinforce this aspect. To me, the nudity obviously has shock value, but at the same it's not obscene. As Rick says "Nudity is the most simple and primal gesture" and in the over-sexualized society we live in I identify it more as a "why the fuck not" moment.(might have gone on a bit of a tangent here )
          the nudity on the runway doesn't bother me whatsoever. i just didn't like the video. human penises - totally ok. horse penises - the essence of nightmares. again i'm not a prude. my sense of humour/interests often overlap with mr owen's when it comes to the bizarre, grotesque, extreme drag performances, fetishism, etc. and i get why the insinuated horse fucking goes hand in hand with the sense of humour of a man who's released a photo before that made it look like he was pissing into his own mouth. i just didn't like that part of the video, that's all.

Comment

• newp
            • Feb 2013

Indeed, I missed Chalayan show.

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

for me i am of two minds about it. but i also think that rick might be of two minds about it too. let me explain, first, the video. it is simultaneously funny (that dancing) and so overtly and blatantly shocking (really? a horse?) as to be almost impossible to take seriously and simply must be intentionally funny. but at the same time the truth is that this happens. bestiality is a thing and lots of people are into it and the internet has a ton of sickening shit to find. (i am 100% certain rick is familiar with mr. hands) and rick has a very mature and experienced and liberated sexual mindset and just decided to shine a light on this dark spot of the human mind without judgment and force us to have a feeling about it.

and i guess its the same kind of thing for the show. he knew it was going to be a controversy (just like the step dance crew) and did it anyway, both because it is amusing, but also to make us look at why is it a controversy.

i get it. i understand it. but i personally didn't like the show or the video, primarily because as thoughtful as all the analysis can be, to me it just seemed like cheap and easy boundary pushing and the exact opposite of what he said he was going to do. plus the clothes from that section of the show are stupid fashion school senior thesis collection bullshit. oversized sleeve coming out your ear. two neck holes. all that nonsense is soooooooooo done.
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                • Apr 2013

guys this was just Rick's plan to get all of the bandwagoners and homophobic hypebeast bros of his proverbial "dick".

I think it's funny how many people say the "the Rick show sucked" and yet it's the most worn brand on WAYWT. when vicious came, people said the same thing, then moody dropped and people again repeat, it's like the equivalent of that couple who is always fighting and then making up with some people in here. if you compare mountain or Island to the last developments Rick has had in the last couple of collections it's night and day. the separates are going to be good and a lot of you guys will buy something here or there so why all the hating if you're going to snipe later?
                Originally posted by unwashed
                Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                Originally posted by Ahimsa
                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• bukka
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                  the separates are going to be good and a lot of you guys will buy something here or there so why all the hating if you're going to snipe later?
                  Are you saying that because I'll buy some stuff from the collection, I should give up any criticism on the show? I might have misunderstood.
                  Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by bukka View Post
                    Are you saying that because I'll buy some stuff from the collection, I should give up any criticism on the show? I might have misunderstood.
                    being negative and shitting on the brand and then going back and giving excuses like "it grew on me bro" and then buying said brand is pretty hypocritical. do you have disagreement to this?
                    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• bukka
                      • Sep 2011

being negative and shitting on the brand and then going back and giving excuses like "it grew on me bro" and then buying said brand is pretty hypocritical. do you have disagreement to this?
                      Mmmh, it's simply two different things. I might go and buy some stuff from the new season and being critic about it. And please, keep in mind that I'm not saying this personally. Imo the show was fun and I'm amused by the people offended - but it wasn't the best show ever either.
                      Also, most of the rick I buy is basic, I'm not into the extreme rick anyway. Nor I like the new adidas-rick collab. Rest assured - the dickholes will never "grow on me".

Edit: There is quite a difference between "shitting on the brand" and criticizing aspects of the show. I was talking about the second.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                        • Apr 2013

criticizing what from the new season, why are you copping if you're unhappy about an aspect of something. I have no idea why you've even arguing this If it does not personally involve you.

Comment

• bukka
                          • Sep 2011

criticizing what from the new season, why are you copping if you're unhappy about an aspect of something. I have no idea why you've even arguing this If it does not personally involve you.
                          And I have no idea why you're taking this so personally. I simply didn't get why I have to restrain myself to buy stuff from Rick if I've been critic about the show. Those are two different things for fuck sake, can't we just share opinions without being aggressive?
                          Last edited by bukka; 01-24-2015, 07:30 PM. Reason: misspelled

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

I had the same thought and if its true I love Rick for it.

Also, I don't see what's wrong with what Bukka is saying. Can't you dislike a collection yet still find some things you would want to own?

I wish people could separate their analytical self from their consumerist self for the sake of discussing new collections.

guys this was just Rick's plan to get all of the bandwagoners and homophobic hypebeast bros of his proverbial "dick".
                            music

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

First, bukka is completely right - buying a piece does not negate criticism of a collection.

Second, most that's worn on here are Rick's classics that have been around for years and people still buy mostly what has now become precollection stuff.

So stop jumping to conclusions and blowing things out of all proportion - you need to chill the fuck out right about now, before you take an involuntary break.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                                • May 2008

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                                seems like the models all chose b
                                Not true. Many were not ok with it.
                                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎