• Show
Clear All
  • rickandjulius
    • Feb 2014

Alright I'm done, I promise.

Comment

• delicious_not
      • Dec 2012

now i understand how rick can wear the same turtleneck for years. bought this season's version (moody i mean) titled "rick's cashmere tee" and damn, feels like the most amazing turtleneck in the world lol. cashmere is GORGEOUS, light yet not really see-through, and it fits like a hip-hop t-shirt from the 90's. even the way sleeves fall on your wrists is special. adjustable length is nice and helpful as well.

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
        ndamn, feels like the most amazing turtleneck in the world lol. cashmere is GORGEOUS, light yet not really see-through, and it fits like a hip-hop t-shirt from the 90's.
        Isn't it just the best? I currently have 3 in rotation. Don't know why I should wear anything else.

Mind you, I do wear pants. Not quite ready to rock the Sphinx yet.
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• ian+
          • Dec 2011

^ btw did you size down? It looks way oversized for my liking if I stay tts.
          ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• delicious_not
            • Dec 2012

way oversized is what i wanted. i'm a 48 and decided to go with L - feels like XL in the body, but shoulders look fine. tried M and it wasn't roomy enough for my liking, especially on hips. L looks on me pretty much like on rick himself, exactly how i wanted.

and yeah, best turtleneck ever.

Comment

• Trixer
              • Mar 2014

Since I've gotten quite a few PMs about my thoughts about The Last Conspiracy shoes, I thought I would post a picture of a pair which I've owned for a while. Picked these up towards the end of this autumn and they now broken in nicely. They are made from washed culatta horse leather on a quite sturdy goodyear welted sole.

They are probably the pair I've been most impressed with from my collection of TLC shoes. They were also the most expensive but still very affordable (bought for south of €650 here)

Goes to show that really well made footwear doesn't necessarily have to be on par with the price of a new MacBook.
              Last edited by Trixer; 01-27-2015, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• Osseovs
                • Oct 2012

Goddamn, that is wonderful footwear. The wear on the bottom makes it look that much better.

Comment

• Pumpfish
                  • Sep 2010

The circle is complete. An A1923 rip....

Faust, you can close the website now.
                  spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Trixer
                    • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Pumpfish View Post

Along with the NY blizzard, surely this is a sign of the lurking Armageddon?

Even though they quite similar to the high laced up boots from A1923, there's also some differences. The pattern is cut differently, the toe box is shorter. All in all, it's hard to reinvent the wheel..

Comment

• Sombre
                      • Jan 2009

The Rick loving has been very strong lately. And not the more challenging pieces like mybeuys and Damagex like to wear, but the insipid pieces like tees and sneakers. I know it's due to Rick's ever increasing popularity, but god it's boring.

On a related note, Rick gets a free pass no matter what he does. Stupid $600 socks? Just a joke. Animal fur toys? Tongue in cheek. Ugly Adidas collaboration? People run to buy it.
                      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• rickandjulius
                        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Sombre View Post
                        The Rick loving has been very strong lately. And not the more challenging pieces like mybeuys and Damagex like to wear, but the insipid pieces like tees and sneakers. I know it's due to Rick's ever increasing popularity, but god it's boring.

On a related note, Rick gets a free pass no matter what he does. Stupid $600 socks? Just a joke. Animal fur toys? Tongue in cheek. Ugly Adidas collaboration? People run to buy it.
                        I understand your sentiment very much. I'm doing my best to rid my closet of Rick but some of my pieces from him are still very cool. I don't want to be "that guy" but I don't like wearing a brand that's so popular these days.

Comment

• rickandjulius
                          • Feb 2014

As bad as the last 3 (4 maybe?) collaborations have been, the Vicious ones were A+ fucking awesome cause they didn't look like regular ol Adidas with a Rick signature on them as opposed to the tech runners and the springblades ().

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Pumpfish View Post

They are a regular classic lace-up work-boot. Give me a break. Expected it from some noob but not from you.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
                              I understand your sentiment very much. I'm doing my best to rid my closet of Rick but some of my pieces from him are still very cool. I don't want to be "that guy" but I don't like wearing a brand that's so popular these days.
                              I find this all-or-nothing stance silly. You should stop listening to your favorite band not because it goes pop but because they start making shit music. And even then, you should listen to the good old stuff.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ian+
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Sombre View Post

By whom? Studying the forum you 'll see a lot of people, even die hard fans, criticizing a variety of products, strategies. Even WTF is full of Rick. The t-shirts and the sneakers were always popular. Thing is that the hypebeasts only care about geos, tech runners, shorts and the exploder parka. I don't see them wearing cashmere knits, tailored pieces, coats, etc.

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
                                I don't like wearing a brand that's so popular these days.
                                So you wear clothing based on the brand's non popularity? I guess you also don't wear Julius (half of the stuff being sold out during preorder in Japan) or Boris (barely anything left during sale) etc. Popular does not equal shit.
                                ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎