X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gregor
    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Quiet View Post
    you can't make a flip flop not a flip flop.
    but you sure can try

Comment

• delicious_not
      • Dec 2012

only a year ago i didn't care about drkshdw at all. didn't even look at it. but after trying it on in a local store in spring 2014 i loved it so much that i quickly became obsessed with the idea of bulding some kind of a "perfect" drksdhw wardrobe, something that is still rick but feels totally opposed to the mainline.

and it's interesting how i differentiate mainline from drkshdw. for example, i'm not interested in any tees, cashmere hoodies, wool drop crotch pants with elastic waistbands from the mainline, but i buy a lot of these styles in drkshdw - cotton tees, cotton sweatshirts, and pods in a thick cotton are basically the starting point when i think about a drkshdw look.

i don't need a silk tee from the mainline just as much as i don't need a denim/nylon blazer from drkshdw. or, say, memphis jeans - something i want to buy as part of drksdhw, but not interested in getting a mainline version in leather or some other "special" fabric.

in other words, i collect "formal" and "monk" (lol) rick and i want something that is still kinda "monk" but also very "casual" (as opposed to "formal") from drksdhw, casual and soft but not really "streetwear / tumblr".
      Last edited by delicious_not; 03-16-2015, 06:35 AM.

Comment

• DudleyGray
        • Jul 2013

I think the pieces that really set DRKSHDW apart from mainline aesthetically are the various iterations of the Detroits (standard, skirted, savage), the worker/slave jackets, and the hoodies. I think in terms of vision, that says what DRKSHDW is really about and the rest is arguably 'diffusion.' I usually just buy whatever is right at the time, don't really have set standards when it comes to mainline/DRKSHDW, but now that you've brought this up, I find myself wanting my interpretation of a "DRKSHDW" wardrobe.
        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• daou0782
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Rick-A-Doodle View Post
          Who buys/wears all of the more earthy/brown tones from Rick? I honestly never see it worn out on the streets/online and it's pretty prevalent on flash sale websites/eBay retailers. The monotone palette is all I see.
          Maybe people buy those and then dye them .

Comment

• guardimp
            • Jun 2010

It seems like many people buy the black because like goth is in a hype phase. What is bad about the brown? It might not be as trendy as the black but it is nice to have some variety. Sometimes a bit of color is nice to throw into the mix.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by guardimp View Post
              It seems like many people buy the black because like goth is in a hype phase. What is bad about the brown? It might not be as trendy as the black but it is nice to have some variety. Sometimes a bit of color is nice to throw into the mix.
              Let's see a fit of that. Put your money where your mouth is.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• guardimp
                • Jun 2010

Just some yohji and Ma+ (which I admit is black). Not the best angle or quality, but it is colorful. Or were you specifically referencing the brown rick?
                Last edited by guardimp; 03-18-2015, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

sweet jeezus
                  dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• guardimp
                    • Jun 2010

And this is without the matching jacket ...

Comment

• GucciAmen
                      • Sep 2014

Getting a pajamas/harlequin vibe with those pants, way too overpowering...

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                        I'm never gonna get used to those pants. It's like golf-ninja (soz).
                        Amazing!
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hausofblaq
                          • Oct 2014

Seems like a lot of people are letting go of their Rick gradient leather, I swear I've seen three up for sale within the past month or so..

Comment

• woof
                            • May 2014

ummm what is this too poor to buy black thing i mean it's like trivial to dye if you really wanted to, everyhintg to black anyways. what's up with that elitism

and sorry im so confused by that picture... it might be close in shade(?) but its not even close aeshetically to the rick brown... is it just brown to yall, the same brown, just the fact of adding color to an outfit...?

Comment

• Shifts
                              • Jul 2013

guardimp's avatar makes total sense with those pants.

Comment

• rickandjulius
                                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by woof View Post
                                ummm what is this too poor to buy black thing i mean it's like trivial to dye if you really wanted to, everyhintg to black anyways. what's up with that elitism

and sorry im so confused by that picture... it might be close in shade(?) but its not even close aeshetically to the rick brown... is it just brown to yall, the same brown, just the fact of adding color to an outfit...?
                                Man that hurt to read.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎