• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by epiphany View Post
    Things that make you go hmmmm?
    Well for one, a seemingly new member accessing the site via a proxy server. Also, "lurkers" whose first post concern some ancient forum politics
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Versace has posted double digit sales growth second year in a row. Who the hell buys it?
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Versace has posted double digit sales growth second year in a row. Who the hell buys it?
          Probably new money from Russia and the Emirates?
          Oh and Migos.
          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Nope. They cite "strong growth in North America"

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

do las vegas and miami count as north america?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Unfortunately, yes.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

Unfortunately, yes.
                  there u go, then.

Comment

• eleves
                    • Sep 2012

Haha, I can tell you for sure that the number one customer of my old buying department was a rapper named Young Thug who would spend 10,000 in one go on Versace underwear alone

Originally posted by Faust
                    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• R C W M
                      • Oct 2013

I had dinner in town tonight and I counted 3 people wearing the same uniform of Geobaskets, generic black pants and tee, topped with the crowning glory: a large Versace cap complete with metal hardware. I wouldn't think that is the main demographic but there is certainly a streetwear crowd that is gravitating towards the more overtly branded pieces as well as the aforementioned 'new money'.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

That Supreme/Undercover collab sold out quick...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• yay
                          • Sep 2014

wasn't sure if i should post it here or in the "fashion as entertainment" thread, since it also has some relevancy there i think.

i've noticed that alot of webpages for designers are flat out useless, and terribly made from a user interaction standpoint - they look good, or are gimmicky but are often flat out unusable and not helpful if you just want to look at collections or something similiar. there are, of course exceptions especially for the bigger names out there (rick online shop is a good example of a userfriendly page). and the zfactory for something "smaller".

overall it feels like alot of the smaller designers are a few years behind to their online approach, i might be wrong about this. but if i go to a webpage and and i have to search for a cryptic menu that probably won't even load properly that just seems counterproductive. for something like webpages form should certainly follow function. an example of this would be deepti barth - yeah cool gimmick i guess, but that's about it.

Comment

• hausofblaq
                            • Oct 2014

That Supreme/Undercover collab sold out quick...
                            Supreme has been operating in a sold-out market for a while now, people have even developed bots just to buy Supreme for the sake of re-sale prices. Doesn't even matter if the product itself is terrible, if any "hype" is built on it, people will get it just to throw it up on eBay a few hours later. Makes paying for retail price for Supreme pretty inaccessible to the average person.

Comment

• rickandjulius
                              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by yay View Post
                              wasn't sure if i should post it here or in the "fashion as entertainment" thread, since it also has some relevancy there i think.

i've noticed that alot of webpages for designers are flat out useless, and terribly made from a user interaction standpoint - they look good, or are gimmicky but are often flat out unusable and not helpful if you just want to look at collections or something similiar. there are, of course exceptions especially for the bigger names out there (rick online shop is a good example of a userfriendly page). and the zfactory for something "smaller".

overall it feels like alot of the smaller designers are a few years behind to their online approach, i might be wrong about this. but if i go to a webpage and and i have to search for a cryptic menu that probably won't even load properly that just seems counterproductive. for something like webpages form should certainly follow function. an example of this would be deepti barth - yeah cool gimmick i guess, but that's about it.
                              Unless they're designers who show at PFW, I don't really feel that designers like Maurizio, Deepti, Carol, etc... need to show collections or have a more "functional" website. I mean, Carols website is just the a video from that Transgression project with Deepti. I think that suits what he's about, the fact that I can't look at collections or really anything beyond that video really adds to the obscurity around him. I don't know, I guess I think it's cool that some of the more artisan designers can stay in the shadows like that in today's world.

That being said, I really enjoy that designers are beginning to open their own online stores. Rick, Boris and what not. Boris' website is great, as is Tatsuro's. I guess what I'm trying to say is that certain designers will make their website to how they see fit. Just because Deepti's website is basically a doodling board does not mean she is "behind" in her online approach. Same for Carol, Maurizio, etc...

Comment

• DudleyGray
                                • Jul 2013

It's the worst to have your head spin over whether or not to buy a thing, only to have to wait eons in some sort of ironically cruel shipping/customs purgatory.
                                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎