Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gregor
    • Oct 2014

also in a similar conundrum when selling. sold a pair of boots to a guy in australia, and the cheapest quote canada post gave me was 70 bucks

Comment

• eight
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by eleves View Post
      Haha, I can tell you for sure that the number one customer of my old buying department was a rapper named Young Thug who would spend 10,000 in one go on Versace underwear alone
      This made my day

Comment

• nobody1
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by gregor View Post
        also in a similar conundrum when selling. sold a pair of boots to a guy in australia, and the cheapest quote canada post gave me was 70 bucks
        Xpresspost I'm guessing? Try Tracked Packet and it should be around $45-55 I believe

Regardless, their shipping prices are awful. Some of the highest in the world, I think I once read.

Comment

• blackfedora
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by gregor View Post
          Canada to Australia is a killer. Sold two pairs of Guidi boots to the same guy and sent them in one well compressed package, cost $140 for cheapest option with tracking.

Comment

• DudleyGray
            • Jul 2013

Saw this in an old Business of Fashion article:

"Gross margins for luxury companies typically hover around 65 percent — that sounds like a lot, but it’s what shareholders now expect."

I remember, back when I worked in textbooks, that we wouldn't think a book to be worth printing unless we could come away with 65%. Education is a luxury after all, or maybe it's just coincidence that both industries find ignorance to be similarly profitable.
            bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• supercilious
              • Apr 2014

Just went golfing in a devoa anatomical sweater...I'm now convinced that that is what it was made for.

Comment

• mmclaug14
                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Versace has posted double digit sales growth second year in a row. Who the hell buys it?

Nordstrom (who I work for) has bought heavily into the Versace / Cavalli aesthetic in the past two years, which has to have some effect, but I still don't know who the hell is buying this crap. There is also a store around here called David Lawrence that appears to be doing well that basically only sells Versace (again, not sure to who). One theory I have is a lot of it gets sold in the US and goes overseas, but that is just based on anecdotal evidence.

This whole topic made me think of another question:

Are designers in the business of selling clothes to people or selling clothes to stores (obviously flagship stores don't count)? I suppose it depends on the payment arrangement between the designer and their stockists but couldn't a brand theoretically carry on for a long time without actually selling any clothes to people just because their buyers feel like it is something they need to carry (ie Nordstrom carrying Versace/Cavalli because "you have to carry those brands to be in the 'designer' industry)

Random sidenote : there was a young thug concert in Seattle last night

Comment

• ian+
                  • Dec 2011

Regarding the Versace comeback, it definitely has something to do with NBA players wearing the shit out of it
                  ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• delicious_not
                    • Dec 2012

i really can't understand why rick sock sneakers are not available at every single place that sells rick. i have a feeling they would sell like hotcakes, and not just for one season. damn, i would buy two pairs - black/white and all black. would pay full retail for at least one of them. BUT I JUST CAN'T.

...the ugly adidas collab is literally everywhere though. maybe that's why?

Comment

• redbible
                      • Mar 2015

Hate being in between looks. Basically being over my last few years of a particular style and going for a different one entirely. It sucks because I have a lot of nice things but don't really want to wear any of it. Not to mention every time I finally pick something up it does't mesh well with anything I have, so I'm basically amassing goods til I can finally rock a coherent look.

Comment

• guardimp
                        • Jun 2010

What did you used to dress like and why do you no longer like it?

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
                          • Oct 2014

Currently have a closet full of clothes that I really love, but hardly ever wear. I'm always riding my bikes or hiking/camping and don't go out enough to justify owning all of it. Thinking of just selling all the non-Rick/Ann/Dries stuff. THERE'S NO POINT.

Comment

• stagename
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Rick-A-Doodle View Post
                            Currently have a closet full of clothes that I really love, but hardly ever wear. I'm always riding my bikes or hiking/camping and don't go out enough to justify owning all of it. Thinking of just selling all the non-Rick/Ann/Dries stuff. THERE'S NO POINT.
                            I found a transit ticket dated May 2014 in the pair of pants I worn yesterday. I so get this.

Comment

• redbible
                              • Mar 2015

Well I still like it, I would say I have been collecting punk/grunge clothes for the better part of the last 10-15 years. Anything from vintage westood stuff to Horace to Hysteric Glamour/N(N) and newer stuff out of habit. I think just my inspirations have changed, plus just having less of a chance to wear such flashy stuff. Just transitioning into buying more expensive but more of a classic and timeless look now. Though not liking the feeling of getting hit with the 1k+ price tag on most pieces

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Rick-A-Doodle View Post
                                feeling this too. I wear my more conservative pieces to work and spend a lot of time on the weekends hiking or biking these days so the lifestyle presents fewer options to wear the more interesting pieces.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎