• Show
Clear All
  • nobody1
    • Dec 2014

Kanye West needs to get the fuck away from fashion

Comment

• unwashed
      • Dec 2008

I also have a hard time justifying a lot of clothes I have "collected" over the past years. Too many times I've gotten carried away by 50/70% sales.

I already cleared most of the stuff which I haven't worn for over a year and trading it in for fewer, more durable and wearable garments. My girl doesn't complain having sold already 10 pairs of shoes in the past month, cause now we have such more space

Still tweaking my closet and shoes, but in the end I want clothes that I keep in rotation frequently enough and hopefully will last many years to come.

I'm trying to get down to ten pair of shoes max, but it's hard letting go My personal grails and classics.
      Grailed link

Comment

• newp
        • Feb 2013

I wonder what makes designers to be so inconsistent with sizing of their clothes/footwear even within one "line". I can more or less understand why I can wear Ann Demeulemeester XXS t-shirt and it's not even tight but m.a+ linen biker of size 50 (your usual L) is really tight on my chest, they can have a different opinion on sizes. But why I can wear a size 46 (S) m.a+ t-shirt easily? Why most of CCP footwear runs 1 size large but don't you dare to buy some derbies based on this knowledge, they run 2 sizes large? Or, what made me write this post now, why memphis (biker) RO drkshdw pants from the same season if I am not mistaken have approximately 2 sizes difference between them based on fabric? I mean, waxed are around 1 size small and non-waxed are around 1 size large...

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

What's with the PH dump in the classifieds? Sign of the times?
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by newp View Post
            I wonder what makes designers to be so inconsistent with sizing of their clothes/footwear even within one "line". I can more or less understand why I can wear Ann Demeulemeester XXS t-shirt and it's not even tight but m.a+ linen biker of size 50 (your usual L) is really tight on my chest, they can have a different opinion on sizes. But why I can wear a size 46 (S) m.a+ t-shirt easily? Why most of CCP footwear runs 1 size large but don't you dare to buy some derbies based on this knowledge, they run 2 sizes large? Or, what made me write this post now, why memphis (biker) RO drkshdw pants from the same season if I am not mistaken have approximately 2 sizes difference between them based on fabric? I mean, waxed are around 1 size small and non-waxed are around 1 size large...
            It's insane. Especially with Ann. Footwear can be TTS or 2 sizes big. I wear an XS in some shirts but all my Rick jackets are XL/54.
            Dries is one of the few designers that fits consistently across the board in my experience.
            It might be a tactic to convince people to buy locally and not online...

Comment

• HugAndWug
              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Probably the easiest place to sell it by far. It moves way too slowly on eBay/Grailed/YJP

Comment

• Pumpfish
                • Sep 2010

Anyone can see that JPG is a design genius. But what is also clear from the exhibition is that he is a comedy genius. His work is profoundly, joyously funny.

From today's crop, Thom Browne may be on to this too.
                spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Icarium
                  • Oct 2010

Dunno bout the PH dump. But someone should definitely buy twmllr's wool long mac. That thing is beautiful.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Pumpfish View Post
                    Anyone can see that JPG is a design genius. But what is also clear from the exhibition is that he is a comedy genius. His work is profoundly, joyously funny.

From today's crop, Thom Browne may be on to this too.
                    Very true! The man certainly has a sense of humor.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Defender
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      I think the "Irish immigrant or member of a Tennessee indie band" look is probably over.

The bulbous toe box kangaroo leather shoes started getting sold a few months ago...and the slouchy jackets are following.

Comment

• BrokenBoards
                        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Defender View Post
                        I think the "Irish immigrant or member of a Tennessee indie band" look is probably over.
                        Leave the Irish out of this one, asshole.
                        "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• endersgame
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Rick-A-Doodle View Post
                          Currently have a closet full of clothes that I really love, but hardly ever wear. I'm always riding my bikes or hiking/camping and don't go out enough to justify owning all of it. Thinking of just selling all the non-Rick/Ann/Dries stuff. THERE'S NO POINT.

yeah, i don't wear anything interesting anymore. workout almost everyday and these activities require specific footwear so most of the time i'm wearing sneakers. i go to bed at 10 so there really is no point.

Comment

• yay
                            • Sep 2014

^it gets even more problematic if you work from home. It's gets pretty hard to put on anything that is not loungewear.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Losers!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ulf
                                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by yay View Post
                                ^it gets even more problematic if you work from home. It's gets pretty hard to put on anything that is not loungewear.
                                Yes! I'm still in my bathrobe and slippers. I really need to find an office space somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎