Page 2 of 247 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: random fashion thoughts

I heard my grandmother ask my mother, "when is he going to get over this clothes thing?"
    THE HOUSE OF DIS
    embrace the twenty first movement

Quote Originally Posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
    "I wonder what an episode of Intervention based on SZ would look like."

I think this came up when CJBreed and I were exchanging several pages-long emails rambling about blazer lengths, prices and how desperately we needed (insert whatever piece we can't afford.)

Anyhow, I laugh whenever I think of this, particularly because of all the notes about PH fixes and PH related quandries that are passing through my inbox lately.

MBD
    You don't have to
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Right now London is the most exciting place for shopping - NYC and Paris don't come even remotely close.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by cjbreed View Post
    85% of my wardrobe restricts my shoulders to the point of near immobility. went thru drive thru to get coffee the other day and had to take off my jacket to reach out and get it.
    I have gotten rid of everything I can't move in. Having extremely wide shoulders certainly restricts what I can have in a wardrobe, but getting rid of all the narrow-shouldered crap is so nice. Admittedly the brands I can actually purchase are quite limited. Ah well. When L&F appeared, with sizes going up far enough that I could actually buy clothing with shoulders too wide, it was shocking.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Right now London is the most exciting place for shopping - NYC and Paris don't come even remotely close.
    Yeah, London doesn't have the same exclusivity wars that NY and LA do. The only real exclusives I can think of in London are CCP and PH, and those are both orders of the designer, as far as I know.

Who stocks CCP in London? Seems like I totally missed that ...

The Library, for like 15 years or something.

I don't know how I could miss that store. Well, I'll make up for it next time. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kunk75 View Post
    i could start a forum on my wife's comments:

"i am not sure which is more pitiful. It would be one thing if you bought all this stuff to parade around the streets showing off clothes no one knows or cares about but you wear them in the house for yourself."
    Ok, I had to quote, this made me lol like, five times so far today.

Here's a random fashion thought, why do I insist on wearing CCP boots in the house but further insist on pairing them with my old high school basketball shorts and secretly think it looks kind of good?
    Quote Originally Posted by philip nod View Post
    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

^i dunno. I wore rick bball uniform to the gym for lol and everyone asked me where I got it. Not the intended outcome.

^ lol pretty funny , i kinda miss the sporty rick a tiny bit

You guys are weird, as soon as I get home I'm down to underwear or some cheap shorts and an AA shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauIXI View Post
    Ok, I had to quote, this made me lol like, five times so far today.

Here's a random fashion thought, why do I insist on wearing CCP boots in the house but further insist on pairing them with my old high school basketball shorts and secretly think it looks kind of good?

Quote Originally Posted by HWith View Post
    Who stocks CCP in London? Seems like I totally missed that ...
    Dude, WHAT THE FUCK? Did someone hijack your account? All of a sudden you post like you've been on the forums for one week.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by casem83 View Post
    You guys are weird, as soon as I get home I'm down to underwear or some cheap shorts and an AA shirt.
    Same here. Which opens an interesting debate every time I want to ride my bike to get bagels and my girlfriend looks at me with the "you-are-leaving-the-house-in-that?" Then she says that it's a bit hypocritical to care about appearance on one occassion and not on another one. I think it is potentially an interesting topic.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

i'm totally with you on this. home equals sweat pants/shorts and old band shirt. short trips may slightly clean this appearance up. it's a comfort thing. you can't be cooking hot dogs in golden fleece if you know what i mean.

I think it has potential for an interesting discussion, too. And I think it can be extended more widely than caring about appearance to judging people on their appearance as well: if you care about appearance and dress and /always/ make an effort yourself, then that is one thing. But if there are occasions when you let yourself slip, or just don't care (ala "I'm only going around to the corner store to buy milk"), what grounds does one have to judge others on the basis their attire? I guess that assumes judging others' dress is acceptable in the first place, but frankly, I think (sometimes) it is.

I had a day like that this week. I was exhausted, I was ready for bed before I got up, and my outfit suffered. I felt dirty the whole time.

CCP can tailor, Devoa can tailor, Dior can tailor. Jil used to.

Boris cannot, Harnden cannot. Ann struggles.

Usually a Rick tank and basketball shorts for me, sometimes some old Ann hemp pants, sometimes with boots on, just because, like Kunk, I like to look at myself wearing them.

Sometimes I'll go to the grocery store in bball shorts and (Rick :O!) trainers but I'll wear a Rick leather just to balance it out. Should this new thread be called 'loaf wear'?
    Quote Originally Posted by philip nod View Post
    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Banned

I finally got the chance to inspect harnden in person @ IF. quite frankly, I don't get it. even if ya dig, and can pull off, the aesthetic, the actual product is way over priced...... and on that note,and speakin' of underwear, does anyone spend $30 on a pair of boxers or briefs? I mean I'm all for luxury but....

my house attire = fruit of the loom

hanes with the hidden waistband are my preferred drawers