X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DudleyGray
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by dji View Post
    I feel like I'm the only one that has transitioned the other way, I blame moving to 'Merica..
    I started veering away from Rick but found myself coming back to him continually, and now I'm leaning towards giving up on other labels, they don't make me feel like he does.

I disagree with all-in Rick as a sort of cosplay, for reasons Faust touched on. But also because my interpretation of what he is proposing is "beautiful freak," like something of a unicorn, and that's more something you are or aren't, not just some role that you can play. I don't personally believe body type is what determines this either, I think the steppers or a fat old guy looks just as amazing in all-Rick as the lanky models. It's more of a rebellious inner beauty, but maybe that's just my (mis)interpretation or brainwashing.

When I wear Rick, it's like "this is how much fuck you I have in my heart."
    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• yay
      • Sep 2014

haven't been to a nice boutique in quite a few months, have been pretty much online shopping the whole year. always a huge delight to see the garments in person over online, especially if you live in the middle of nowhere

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

I still wear and enjoy my pieces from other designers (mostly Julius, InAisce and Carol) but the feeling I get from wearing Rick is different.

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
        When I wear Rick, it's like "this is how much fuck you I have in my heart."
        pretty much this. there's so many small things about American society that shits me to tears that even the slightest feeling of been subversive is satisfying.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by PurpleJesuss View Post
          Faust i do agree with some of your points on PH, that it is entrenched in the past, that it may behave as a secluded practice, devoid of many contemporary influences. I do however believe that it is quite modern in its own way, mainly through the cut which seems much more flattering and "new" than the ancient clothes it draws inspiration from. Construction as well. The green seams on the SS15 jackets are very peculiar.

fmc I strongly agree with your opinion on Forme. It does seem like a very romantic brand to me. It's something i have not yet experienced much in the artisanal brands i have seen(i'll exclude PH/ED).

djiI'm curious why you think Rick is more fitting in this area?Is it because of the weather or comfort? What did you wear before?
          Yes, it is certainly updated in a way (though the cuts were lumpy in the past as well - I mean the man himself looks like a bum). And I still think that the jackets are cut magnificently well. Don't get me wrong - I don't hate it.

Also have been gravitating from Ann to Rick, and I've mostly chucked it up to it being not precious and very utilitarian. But now that DJI mentions it, I've also hardened in my attitudes, against the country (well, the increasingly insane Republican side of it), but also against what New York has become, the shallow, defanged, uncultured place full of sex and the city cunts and bros, the fucking hipsters, the fake goths, the shitty hip-hoppers, so the more fuck you, the better. You define yourself as something against as much as you define yourself as something for...
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ahn
            • Jul 2012

Ah I feel relieved to read all of your responses of understanding and helpful suggestion. It's not a conversation I can have with many people in my daily life without seeming very strange indeed .

I've always loved the Ann aesthetic and would be happily curious to experiment in her waters. I think I've always been shy of anything overly 'romantic' or 'feminine' which is perhaps why I began leaning towards Rick as my preferred designer. Then highly influenced by bloggers like The Divinitus and Josefin Arestav I saw something I felt I could relate to and wanted to be a part of.

Like Faust, I do love the Harnden fabrics. I would like to own one of the classic wool blazers, eventually.

It's a much higher investment to make when you kind of need to reinvent yourself. I acquired all my Rick over several years... starting again seems very daunting financially.

You define yourself as something against as much as you define yourself as something for...
            This is so true and just as important.

Assin never seems to have much of a range that inspires or entices me... I should take another trip to Eastern Market and Cose Ipanema as it's been a while since I've visited either store.

Marais has split their offerings into separate men's and women's boutiques, other than the Rick shop-in-shop their women's collections are really more catering for the Celine/Givenchy crowd.

Thank you again all so much, I definitely feel placated and more mentally prepared for the next steps.
            some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Ahn and Ann = !

You can do Ann hardcore! Biker or equestrian or combat boots, leather leggings, leather mini skirt, belts, cool tees, leather jackets. But there is just the right kind of softness in it still. Shit, I just saw an Ann leather dress at a consignment shop here for $350... Stick to old pieces and Collection Blanche and you should be golden.

Where you are, as you point out, is the main problem. Most stores that buy Ann do a totally shit job of it. I almost wept after I walked into her showroom the first time and really saw what's available.

There is NOTHING like a woman in Ann Sorry, Rick.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                • Apr 2013

Some specific stores in Japan are either dropping Ann all together due to dissatisfaction with the new direction, or dropping just the mens for fall, which is an interesting turn of events if you ask me.
                Originally posted by unwashed
                Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                Originally posted by Ahimsa
                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Could simply be because Ann has retired. Her fans tend to be a loyal bunch.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Zenith
                    • Jun 2009

I love how the drkshdw footwear is being marketed as "vegan". They should take it further and call all the denim/cotton iterations as vegan.

Comment

• neostrifeX
                      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
                      I love how the drkshdw footwear is being marketed as "vegan". They should take it further and call all the denim/cotton iterations as vegan.
                      As far as I know (and correct me if I'm wrong, haven't been keeping up with Rick), not all DRKSHDW variations are marketed as vegan. I can only think of the cap toe less model for example being marketed as such because it's missing the cap toe, which is made of leather.

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

I think he's just fucking with people, from the description on the official online store.

INSIDE ZIP DETAIL: 100% LEATHER

Comment

• Zenith
                          • Jun 2009

Even better if he's just fucking with people .

Comment

• Ahimsa
                            Vegan Police
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by dji View Post
                            I think he's just fucking with people, from the description on the official online store.
                            Even better if he's just fucking with people .
                            I have seen an all wool shoe label on NJAL being misrepresented as vegan as well.

It's extremely misleading and illegal in many countries as it is false advertising.
                            StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• DudleyGray
                              • Jul 2013

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just willful ignorance on his part, like how he insists on not knowing French.

"I just can't understand what vegan means. I've tried, but Hun just laughs at me, and I just don't see any real reason for it."
                              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• TheDivinitus
                                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Dresses, I don't know a single woman that owns a Rick Owens dress. Same for skirts.
                                Really?
                                blog

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎