Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k3mist
    • Apr 2013

i know several people with rick dresses, those tank kinds, but somehow they butcher them.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by TheDivinitus View Post
      Really?
      Really, really.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TheDivinitus
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Really, really.
        Faust, I'm honestly surprised. I have always pictured the NYC/SZ fashion scene as being saturated with RO dresses. To me his dress is a staple. A must have. I just can't imagine otherwise.
        blog

Comment

• Verdandi
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by k3mist View Post
          i know several people with rick dresses, those tank kinds, but somehow they butcher them.
          How do you butcher those dresses? They are like the easiest thing to ever wear.

And I share TheDivinitus' suprise; I know a lot of women who wear Rick's dresses and skirts. Most of them are really easy to incorporate into your wardrobe, especially the Lilies. Though, I am not keen on the more recent, boxier shape Rick seems to prefer these days.
          lavender menace

Comment

• DudleyGray
            • Jul 2013

I'm generally surprised at the lack of Rick when I go to New York. I don't really hang around hip fashion-y places when I go, but still high traffic areas. For a label that size and growing, it's oddly a rare sight, which is more than fine by me.
            bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• redbible
              • Mar 2015

Hmm in Silicone Valley I'd be hard pressed to find someone who thinks that fashion exists outside of Nordstrom or Urbanoutfitters. Such a dull bunch here

Comment

• yay
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                In country fucking Victoria.
                i would assume it fits quite well into that scenery, though

Comment

• DudleyGray
                  • Jul 2013

Yeah I was gonna say, outside fashion-related events, that's where I would "expect" to see Harnden. I'll bet on the inside, you were both like, "Yes, we did it."
                  bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                    • Jan 2013

I've been told Rick (or at least geobaskets) is everywhere in major cities in Asia (e.g. Shanghai). I wonder if rich Asians just see it as another big luxury brand or if there's genuinely more interest over there.

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
                      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                      I'm generally surprised at the lack of Rick when I go to New York. I don't really hang around hip fashion-y places when I go, but still high traffic areas. For a label that size and growing, it's oddly a rare sight, which is more than fine by me.
                      Dang, I see them all the time around SoHo/Williamsburg.

I never, ever see people wearing all Ann. Just once I want to see even a little bit of Ann.

Comment

• vegettoo
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
                        I've been told Rick (or at least geobaskets) is everywhere in major cities in Asia (e.g. Shanghai). I wonder if rich Asians just see it as another big luxury brand or if there's genuinely more interest over there.
                        its more like a big luxury brand, BUT only for geobaskets in blk n white, there r still ppls who have great taste with a total rick outfit aswell

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                          • Apr 2013

Asia is ridiculous man, at least here in Tokyo I literally expect to see atleast 1 to 2 pairs of geos or Rick related footwear a day. Here and there I see Julius but it's mostly Rick on a constant basis.

recently I've been waiting to see it happen and just as I realize, there's a pair of Rick in front of my eyes.
                          Originally posted by unwashed
                          Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                          Originally posted by Ahimsa
                          I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• yay
                            • Sep 2014

is it only the footwear? i've yet to see anyone wear geos in germany

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                              Bumped into another person wearing Harnden today.

In country fucking Victoria.

RO fans can't find each other in NYC, yet I run into a Harnden devotee several hours out of Melbourne in a town with more gum trees than people.
                              There is RO in NYC, but it's the lowest common denominator stuff,,usually paired in some atrocious way.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Verdandi
                                • Mar 2012

let me guess. RO jacket, J-Brand jeans, whatever is currently touted as the 'must-have' shoe and a Chanel/Celine bag?
                                That's at least what you see here a lot in the areas where the upscale boutiques are located.
                                lavender menace

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎