• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
    If it's not a hyped item people will be assholes for a long time to you. Like I feel like shit whenever I list something for more than I paid/it retails for but 99.9% of the people just send you offers over and over or try and haggle with you until they just say they're not interested in it. But if your item doesn't have multiple price drops/an offer button you're going to get very little interest. I just wish there was a happy medium between ebay and grailed culture.
    SZ classifieds?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
      If it's not a hyped item people will be assholes for a long time to you. Like I feel like shit whenever I list something for more than I paid/it retails for but 99.9% of the people just send you offers over and over or try and haggle with you until they just say they're not interested in it. But if your item doesn't have multiple price drops/an offer button you're going to get very little interest. I just wish there was a happy medium between ebay and grailed culture.

In this case how are these clients/ customers different from those who shop at H&M, Zara and the like who don't give a crap about quality, craftsmanship and the fair value of an item.
      As i observe all of this what i see are (many) people who extoll the virtues as to why fast fashion should not be bought yet in thier approach to things of quality, things well made, they behave no differently that exactly the kind of people fast fashion is marketed to.....people that want to look Kool but want to go the cheapest route in doing so............
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• DudleyGray
        • Jul 2013

I've found that any time that I sell an item for less than the worth of what I perceive it to be, I feel like I've sold myself short. Sometimes I've negotiated with a low baller only to get cold feet at the end. I get emotional attachments to my clothing, and I'm not a business, so why should I compromise? I'm not desperate for money. So I just list it at a price that I could mentally be OK with parting with it, and that's that. If it sells, great, if not, then whatever.
        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• the breaks
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          SZ classifieds?
          After having a CDiem leather sitting there for months I'm not so sure about that. Then again, it's all about the price tag isn't it ;)
          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• gregor
            • Oct 2014

sz classifieds are a mixed bag. it's great for finding serious buyers willing to pay a fair price, but man can it take a long time.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
              After having a CDiem leather sitting there for months I'm not so sure about that. Then again, it's all about the price tag isn't it ;)
              CDiem is a bygone era. Few people still care.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• woof
                • May 2014

ccp corawo long blazer
                raf simons half sleeves hoodies
                raf simons radioactive crewneck
                rick owens unstable tee shirt
                cdg black dropcrotch short (handpaint/wax)
                nolabel legging
                ccp drip sneakers
                number (n)ine wool fingerless glove
                bbs dustbag
                chrome hearts fancy link/carpe diem ring
                ma+/raf simons bangle

-poem by woof

Comment

• DudleyGray
                  • Jul 2013

Is it titled "Ode to Shuit?"

I feel embarassed to be able to make that joke.

Comment

• redbible
                    • Mar 2015

Shopping for vests/waistcoats is always weird and annoying.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I feel like YOOX has switched their pricing model from off-price to retail - gouging prices only to post frequent sales. I wonder if psychologically (ooh, sale!) it produces better results.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                        • Jul 2013

Eth0s closing: http://www.eth0s.net/pages/a-new-chapter

Comment

• yubbermax
                          • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                          To be clear, they're just changing locations, not closing for good.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                            • Jul 2013

Rick, just make some swim trunks and a beach towel already. All you have to do is take your short shorts and put in some netting. You've already made flip flops and a beach bag so I know it's not an antifashion integrity thing, come on.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                              • Apr 2013

he makes swimwear for women and has been continuously, its only a matter of time dudley
                              Originally posted by unwashed
                              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                              Originally posted by Ahimsa
                              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                                he makes swimwear for women and has been continuously, its only a matter of time dudley
                                Yeah, or maybe I should be careful what I wish for. Between zippered ass flaps and glory holes, am I even confident he'd design something I wouldn't get flagged as a sex offender for at a pool where children are present?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎