• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Moving on
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• yay
      • Sep 2014

starting to regret every piece of clothing i bought that's not black more and more every day

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

dye is your friend.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

/\ listen to this man
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• yay
            • Sep 2014

does that actually work well? would especially like to do it with two cotton rick shirts, but i'm afraid it won't be even or the seams won't take the dye well

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

Results vary, test the threads to make sure they're cotton by sniping a thread and putting it up to a flame. Cotton burns, poly melts. If it's not poly, you're good to go. Use a good fiber reactive dye and not anything like rit, and be very liberal with it, use more than you think you'd need.
              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

It's the loveliest thing to operate in the corner of the fashion universe where no one gives a fuck about perversities like the Met ball.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

yeah. not a fuck given here on sz either, afaik. for all it's flaws, it's still somewhat of a sanctuary, relatively speaking.

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

anyone else see themselves in this?

Comment

• Quiet
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      It's the loveliest thing to operate in the corner of the fashion universe where no one gives a fuck about perversities like the Met ball.
                      agreed. i dont see how people involved in fashion on the inside can look at what was worn at the met ball and not groan. it did teach me that most celebrities and celebrity "Stylists" have no idea how to differentiate between China and Japan.

Comment

• PIERRELEGRAND
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by yay View Post
                        does that actually work well? would especially like to do it with two cotton rick shirts, but i'm afraid it won't be even or the seams won't take the dye well
                        Was wondering the same thing. Have a handful of things that could use a refresh. Any suggestions for professional spots that do it in NYC / Brooklyn?

Comment

• Arkady
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by PIERRELEGRAND View Post
                          Was wondering the same thing. Have a handful of things that could use a refresh. Any suggestions for professional spots that do it in NYC / Brooklyn?
                          Honestly you can do it with Procion MX at home with great success, just make sure to use the correct quantities of salt and soda ash. I redyed a double layer longsleeve from DNA Dust to a deep blood the other week, looks great. I do this pretty often, actually, and have never had a poor result.

Edit: and agreed on dye quantity, assume 2x the regular amount. And you may want to dye the garment twice.

Comment

• stagename
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                            Honestly you can do it with Procion MX at home with great success, just make sure to use the correct quantities of salt and soda ash. I redyed a double layer longsleeve from DNA Dust to a deep blood the other week, looks great. I do this pretty often, actually, and have never had a poor result.

Edit: and agreed on dye quantity, assume 2x the regular amount. And you may want to dye the garment twice.
                            what kind of black is the jet black? green, blue, brown, red? thanks!

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by PIERRELEGRAND View Post
                              Colibri in Manhattan, 450 W 31 st.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
                                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by stagename View Post
                                what kind of black is the jet black? green, blue, brown, red? thanks!
                                Hm, I believe it's black?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎