Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PurpleJesuss
    • May 2014

It's a shame mtl doesn't have anything substantial to offer in terms of B&M for menswear. Ssense flagship is useless. They have very limited offerings and only showcase the most hyped up brands.

Simons, as mentioned, is pretty bad considering what else they sell in the store(house line on par with other fast fashion retailers. might be even worse i feel like they can't tackle trends as well).

Women have a nice option with Cahier d'exercices though....

I just assume you guys buy everything online when in mtl.

Comment

• Fenix
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by YTheLastMan View Post
      In your estimation, is SSENSE's business model ethical?

Where do you spend your money? I say that sans connotation :)
      No, not at all, nor is it likely sustainable when they open the big flagship store.

Where do you spend your money? I say that sans connotation :)
      At the strip clubs, obviously. Ethically contributing to the gal's higher education.
      Originally posted by hausofblaq
      Grow up.

Comment

• YTheLastMan
        • Apr 2014

When ordering things in Montreal we have to deal with the Canadian postal service which brings about a whole other host of issues...not to mention tarifs, which inflate the already comical price of 'ethical high fashion' ()

Originally posted by Fenix View Post

At the strip clubs, obviously. Ethically contributing to the gal's higher education.
        Good man.

Comment

• Fenix
          • Aug 2010

Joking aside, I'm not pretending to be ethical about it. I shop at both stores in question when the timing is right. Justifying high end clothing as ethical seems quite silly in any regard.
          Originally posted by hausofblaq
          Grow up.

Comment

• curiouscharles
            • Jan 2008

When ordering things in Montreal we have to deal with the Canadian postal service which brings about a whole other host of issues...not to mention tarifs, which inflate the already comical price of 'ethical high fashion' ()

Good man.
            you know these have nothing to do with Canada Post, and everything to do with federal [& international] government regulated trade laws... right?

-

Comment

• YTheLastMan
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
              you know these have nothing to do with Canada Post, and everything to do with federal [& international] government regulated trade laws... right?
              Yes yes, for the sake of simplicity/some form of brevity, one can eschew semantics...

Comment

• curiouscharles
                • Jan 2008

Yes yes, for the sake of simplicity/some form of brevity, one can eschew semantics...
                by all means!

just checking.

-

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

Every season I go to pick up something from the sales, and leave with a bag full of new season stuff... worst bargain shopper imaginable.
                  Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• gregor
                    • Oct 2014

if it helps you to feel better about that; you're far from the only one

Comment

• forget it
                      • Dec 2013

What designer relies the least on motion in their work? I think motion is obviously integral, as I've often liked collections only after seeing the video, but I think some designers I'm impressed solely on photos.

Comment

• bukka
                        • Sep 2011

Today I tried on the RO SS pods in Wool Cashmere. Those at retail are ~470€. Now I'm wondering why second hand market for pods are all around 400$ in a less luxurious fabric. Are people really considering buying a pair of pods in polyamide and stranger's sweat to save less than a hundred bucks?
                        Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• yay
                          • Sep 2014

i always thought that was really weird, especially since you can get them much cheaper on sale new and no chance of getting scammed. same for rick shirts, bought some rick shirts on sale much cheaper than i found them 2nd hand - or if i saw them 2nd hand for the same price, they were wrecked. maybe it's mostly a grailed sickness, since people always lowball everything rick a ridicolous amount, so everyone just puts stuff at close to retail?

Comment

• gregor
                            • Oct 2014

grailed is an odd market in so many respects. also notice most rick tees sell for much, much lower than asking price. might as well shoot for the stars.

Comment

• ian+
                              • Dec 2011

You have to consider two things, first of all the retail prices in USA are much higher than in Europe. I really wonder how the stores there manage to survive now that the $ / € ratio is ~ 1. Secondly the second hand market has become awful lately, people charge more than they should (condition of the garment considered). I think the resale plague going on for the past years has saturated the market. I also have this strange feeling that sellers tend to lie about how used a garment is. Photos and descriptions don't collide on many cases. The above do not apply to SZ marketplace, which is the best by all means.
                              ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                                • Jan 2007

People on eBay and forums definitely lie about item conditions all the time or at the very least are quite misleading about it. If you bought the same garment on eBay rated 9/10 and on Yahoo Auctions rated 7/10, the one from the Yahoo seller would most likely be in better condition.

Also the price of luxury goods has been steadily increasing for the last ~10 years and it seems people price their used wares relative to current retail prices, not what retail prices were when the garment was originally bought.

But mostly I think the overpriced garments on grailed are a reaction to the idiotic bargain hunting that most users on there do. I have found that many will not buy an item unless you knock 20-30% off the asking price for them...but bizarrely it doesn't matter if that asking price was appropriate or too high in first place. So you just set the asking price too high, and sell for what a much more reasonable price is, instead of listing at a reasonable price and then only getting lowball offers.
                                Originally posted by jogu
                                i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎