X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

What are your thoughts on Isaac Sellam? I always look at it in stores and I think it's very well made and some of the designs are fantastic. He definitely knows how to work with leather and I've come to love that mega seam he uses down the back (stapled and taped).

Also, he seems like one designer the imitation police cannot accuse of knocking anyone off.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      What are your thoughts on Isaac Sellam? I always look at it in stores and I think it's very well made and some of the designs are fantastic. He definitely knows how to work with leather and I've come to love that mega seam he uses down the back (stapled and taped).

Also, he seems like one designer the imitation police cannot accuse of knocking anyone off.
      I think his work is very good and yes i have seen some of it and it is very well made.........but if you start talking about him and giving him the SZ seal of approval he is going to become the New (++++ ++++++) and everyone will want to buy
      He has some really nice bags too....
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Arkady
        • Apr 2011

Yeah that staple-spine really does it for me -- what I've seen in person has been pretty exceptionally well made.

Comment

• Comotomo
          • Nov 2014

I really like his work, for me it looks classy classic, the prices aren't insane too.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post
            I think his work is very good and yes i have seen some of it and it is very well made.........but if you start talking about him and giving him the SZ seal of approval he is going to become the New (++++ ++++++) and everyone will want to buy
            He has some really nice bags too....
            True. Everyone, please disregard the above post and let me first buy a shearling for $2.5k, as opposed to $5-6k.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

well, if US presidents have their secret set of Kingmakers, then fashion designers, even niche ones can have theirs too
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• yay
                • Sep 2014

Speaking of sellam, anyone here has one of his tshirts? With the leather strip. tried on one of his thicker leather jackets, a bit too much for me. Too heavy for my liking. But really excellent leather for sure, and the stapled spine on the back is very cool. Im also interested in one of his lightweight jackets, but haven't senn one in person yet

Comment

• BSR
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by yay View Post
                  the stapled spine on the back is very cool.

this? i find it violently dissuasive
                  pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                  Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Arkady
                    • Apr 2011

Nah nah different stapled spine.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post

this? i find it violently dissuasive
                      I find it violently persuasive But a subtler version is covered by tape.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BSR
                        • Aug 2008

seriously? if at least the staples were rusted or something... but IRL it looks like designing degree zero to me.
                        pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

If they were rusted I'd think he's trying too hard.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gregor
                            • Oct 2014

i'd rather not get bogged down in labelling everything as a copy or imitation, though i can see how it would be iffy with some of his stuff.

for the pieces themselves, i love the work put into them, and the seams and quality of leather is stunning; definitely on par with other competing brands like ma+, guidi, etc. really cool, and really respect his work.

i'd love a bag, he has some really nice styles as well.

Comment

• En.
                              • May 2015

What are your thoughts on Isaac Sellam? I always look at it in stores and I think it's very well made and some of the designs are fantastic.
                              Coincidentally saw this post as I was looking at a leather jacket of his. Unlike BSR, I was impressed by the spinal staples.

Comment

• unwashed
                                • Dec 2008

The staples are cool for the bagpack, I like the staples here.
                                I find some of his leather threatments too stiff and shiny from what I have seen in real life. But I do like the look of the shearlings and this bomber
                                Grailed link

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎