X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BSR
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    If they were rusted I'd think he's trying too hard.
    yup, agreed. i think the staples should simply not exist
    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• ahn
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      What are your thoughts on Isaac Sellam? I always look at it in stores and I think it's very well made and some of the designs are fantastic. He definitely knows how to work with leather and I've come to love that mega seam he uses down the back (stapled and taped).

Also, he seems like one designer the imitation police cannot accuse of knocking anyone off.
      I've not seen his work in person but I've been drooling over several of his jackets on Antonioli. The cuts seem flattering and the leather choices are beautiful.
      some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• tong1801
        • Oct 2012

Just realized that the stapled seam that Issac Sellam uses on the back of his jacket is very much similar to the staples used on the conveyor belt for luggage in airport. Very interesting

Comment

• delicious_not
          • Dec 2012

while shopping for drkshdw today, i also took pods to the fitting room, just to understand which size i need in the stuff i wanted, cause basically pods in R/F cotton are always a starting point for every drkshdw look i do, and being a 5'8" i always need to keep in mind all the extra space they require in the hips area, i hate when long tees/sweats look tight there.

i always wear my black pods with high black socks, but today i was wearing the regular socks (and uniqlo jeans, ha). and damn, it looked awful. i mean, sure i tried pods on their own at home, but being close to the mirror in a small space really helped to see the proportions. legs seemed super short and the whole drop crotch / hairy legs / low socks combo looked super goofy, i'd even say funny.

so i'm wondering, is it just me or black pods with high black socks really make your legs look longer and the whole look is "right" no matter how tall you are? i dunno, i think pods on their own look like a huge legs-eatin' mess, but when you add knee socks it's like you gain at least 10cm in height. maybe another 5 if you add black shoes with white sole lol.

Comment

• neongud
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
            so i'm wondering, is it just me or black pods with high black socks really make your legs look longer and the whole look is "right" no matter how tall you are?
            Gotta agree with this, I find pods without leggings/socks looks weird, but it comes together in some magical way when combined.

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
              while shopping for drkshdw today, i also took pods to the fitting room, just to understand which size i need in the stuff i wanted, cause basically pods in R/F cotton are always a starting point for every drkshdw look i do, and being a 5'8" i always need to keep in mind all the extra space they require in the hips area, i hate when long tees/sweats look tight there.

i always wear my black pods with high black socks, but today i was wearing the regular socks (and uniqlo jeans, ha). and damn, it looked awful. i mean, sure i tried pods on their own at home, but being close to the mirror in a small space really helped to see the proportions. legs seemed super short and the whole drop crotch / hairy legs / low socks combo looked super goofy, i'd even say funny.

so i'm wondering, is it just me or black pods with high black socks really make your legs look longer and the whole look is "right" no matter how tall you are? i dunno, i think pods on their own look like a huge legs-eatin' mess, but when you add knee socks it's like you gain at least 10cm in height. maybe another 5 if you add black shoes with white sole lol.
              sounds like u need to size down, buddy. pods look fine without socks/leggings. then again, i'm not 5'8", so i don't really know how that affects things.

Comment

• jskidder1
                • Jan 2011

i'm closer to 5'7" and wear pods "sockless" almost every day in the summer. maybe you're wearing the wrong shoes. geos, ramones and island dunks all work fine for me, but i find boots under pods without socks/leggings to be less flattering.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

I think we've had this topic about 4 years ago and I stand by my opinion: A man's hairy legs should not be seen unless he's playing sports or is on the beach. Even to the beach, I will arrive with knee high socks. And I don't even have hairy legs.
                  Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                    • Jul 2013

That's a surprisingly conservative style rule given your taste in clothing.

I notice that I prefer the look of my fits better when there's no legs showing, but summer is hot and looks aren't everything.
                    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• En.
                      • May 2015

What's wrong with showing off your hairy legs? I prefer trousers but some shorts are worth wearing for the heat.
                      Last edited by En.; 08-15-2015, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                        I think we've had this topic about 4 years ago and I stand by my opinion: A man's hairy legs should not be seen unless he's playing sports or is on the beach. Even to the beach, I will arrive with knee high socks. And I don't even have hairy legs.
                        So... shaving?

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

if i'm not mistaken mrbeuys is a bit of an old school, dapper, kind of guy. elegance before comfort etc.

there is room enough in rick's house for all of us.
                          Last edited by Shucks; 07-09-2015, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                            • Nov 2014

I just realize there are quite some similarities between the work of Rick Owens and Geoff McFetridge. They both work with the same shapes and colors over and over again, rearranging and refining them in the process.

Take a look at this interview with Geoff.
                            "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• delicious_not
                              • Dec 2012

honestly, i don't mind hairy legs and shorts, when it's heat and i feel like i don't really want to stand out i usually just put on some casual shorts and tee and that's it. my post was more about the look of pods being worn without socks/leggings, and how unbalanced it might look in some cases.

then again, i also don't like how slim tank tops look with pods, so it's just a personal taste i guess...

also, knee socks make the look a lot more unique in my eyes, and more complete. they add that "uniform" feel to the look. here in Moscow i sometimes see people wearing casual drop crotch shorts and usually it's done very bad, in that slouchy, "woke up 5 min ago" way, but i haven't seen anyone wearing knee socks/leggings.

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                              sounds like u need to size down, buddy. pods look fine without socks/leggings. then again, i'm not 5'8", so i don't really know how that affects things.
                              no, i wear pods in S and that's literally the single rick item i can wear in this size... thick pods, wide hips and long tops might make a serious fit problem if you're 5'8", that's what i learned.
                              Last edited by delicious_not; 07-09-2015, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• orlais
                                • Oct 2014

Hairy 'n proud

Instagram
                                Grailed

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢