X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • En.
    • May 2015

Originally posted by BrokenBoards View Post
    Plokhov's basics are amazing and should fit the bill for what you're after. They can run about the same $ as the rest, but they've fully pushed me out of my tunic/dick tank phase.
    Plokhov's a good choice. Some of his basics usually end up on sale for a great price if price is taken into consideration.

Comment

• gregor
      • Oct 2014

been very happy with zam barrett, the viridi anne, and lumen et umbra.

never really worn long tees, so i don't really know the issue, but i've been very happy with my purchases from the aforementioned brands.

Comment

• ian+
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by BrokenBoards View Post
        Plokhov's basics are amazing and should fit the bill for what you're after. They can run about the same $ as the rest, but they've fully pushed me out of my tunic/dick tank phase. So much so that I'm going to take a rotary cutter to shorten a lot of my Boris/Rick pieces.
        don't do that, you will regret it overtime. Keep both, at some point you will get bored of short t-shirts.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Silent you need to try on. I've encountered some weird fits. They do look good though. But aren't most of them elongated too?
        older Silent t-shirts are elongated and stretch so much that transform to man dresses. Since 2014 most of the basics are of regular length.

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
        American Apparel sounds good, used to own some basic white tees. Will visit next week and see if I can find something that works for me. I don't have UNIQLO in The Netherlands, or do we?
        you can always order from their website which delivers in the Netherlands
        ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• neostrifeX
          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
          I don't want to sell my elongated t-shirts. They're too comfortable and look great with my leather jackets,coats etc. I already sold a couple in the past and it felt like selling my underwear.. 100% sure I will regret that decision. Hope you won't neostrife.

Might sell a few basics I don't use. But my wardrobe is shrinking so much, that I'm basically only able to wear my jumpsuit this season..
          No doubt they are extremely comfortable, but I've already let them all go... however is this upcoming season retailers pick up the TS1 in black and red I'd definitely pick them up and keep a few around.

My wardrobe has shrunken considerably too... I basically only have one jacket at the moment. Should probably change that.

Definitely at least try UNIQLO though, their site should ship to you. Everything else that has been recommended I have tried also bar Lumen et Umbra, so no harm trying.

Comment

• MJRH
            • Nov 2006

I live in Canada, and neither Uniqlo US nor UK will ship here. I tried buying some stuff and having an uncle in the states forward it to me, and I couldn't use a Canadian Mastercard on the US site, even when using his US address. They may have a good reason for it, but it's a bit bloody odd this day and age.
            ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• deadboy
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by MJRH View Post
              I live in Canada, and neither Uniqlo US nor UK will ship here. I tried buying some stuff and having an uncle in the states forward it to me, and I couldn't use a Canadian Mastercard on the US site, even when using his US address. They may have a good reason for it, but it's a bit bloody odd this day and age.
              If you're placing a large enough order to make it worth your while, you could use a proxy service. I did that for some +J stuff a while back and the cost wasn't that bad.

For cheap basic tees though, I'm partial to Continental Clothing. They mostly sell wholesale, but you can buy them on Amazon.de and .co.uk I believe. Made in Europe with organic materials, slim fit, loose neckline and the viscose/cotton ones have a nice drape to them as well. And they cost about 15 Euros.

Comment

• ES3K
                • Oct 2008

Cleaned up an old external hard drive on the weekend and stumbled across a PDF with LuisaViaRoma's menswear stock for fall-winter 2007.

It's funny how this business exploded if you compare the 2007 offer with LVR's as of today. And also interesting that the looks (although according to Faust's signature we have to change it every six months) didn't really change that much. Some nice Dior Homme in there too (Hedi's last collection, IIRC) and those lovely Yohji manga knits. And Rick's Exploder stuff.

If anyone is interested, here's a dropbox download link (approx 6 MB):
                Last edited by ES3K; 07-20-2015, 06:51 AM.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

wow, can't believe that was 8 years ago. I particularly remember the Ann, Rick and Raf collections well, that was exactly the time I had recently gotten into those designers. theres an Ann shirt and Rick knit which I had, and a leather jacket which I remember ordering but it didn't fit. feels like yesterday.

This got me digging through my old hard drive as well, we should start some sort of a flash back thread
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

A flashback thread would be epic.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• unwashed
                      • Dec 2008

I recently deleted my old "wants" folder for couple of years ago from my HDD. But before deletion, I decided to upload them to my photobucket account for lolz and reminiscence
                      Grailed link

Comment

• ian+
                        • Dec 2011

look at the dior homme pieces, I almost cried
                        ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• eleves
                          • Sep 2012

I also think the flashback thread would be amazing to see, especially for those us who joined after SZ's formative years. I'm definitely very interested in seeing the progression of work, influence and style! There is a certain grittiness that I associate to the ideas of the brands finding their way into the world back then, and I think many people would love to see how that unfolded! Harken us back to the early age!
                          Originally posted by Faust
                          HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Piffen
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                            wow, can't believe that was 8 years ago. I particularly remember the Ann, Rick and Raf collections well, that was exactly the time I had recently gotten into those designers. theres an Ann shirt and Rick knit which I had, and a leather jacket which I remember ordering but it didn't fit. feels like yesterday.

This got me digging through my old hard drive as well, we should start some sort of a flash back thread
                            Exactly what I felt too, looking through the images!

I came here in 2006 looking for info on Marsèll leather quality after finding a bag on LVR that I liked, this was the only place where I found Marsèll being mentioned. I stayed around. I knew of _7 and N(N) before but I believe this was were I learned of Rick Owens. Time flies! Feels good to still be wearing stuff I bought back then on a regular basis.

Comment

• the breaks
                              • Sep 2007

I wanna order something from Zam but the 55 dollar shipping is stopping me. Anyone in Finland up for a group buy? :)
                              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• unwashed
                                • Dec 2008

Lately I have the urge to buy the shoes I wanted when I was child, but never gotten. I see they're reiterating some of these shoes from the 90-ies.

Probably better to let them live with greatness in my mind, instead of buying a disappointment and shatter my memories.
                                Grailed link

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎