Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LOVE
    • Dec 2007

thanks for sharing that genesis p-orridge track faust, it's really good.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

You are welcome.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sombre
        • Jan 2009

Brief overview on the rise of American casual.
        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• gregor
          • Oct 2014

i think there's a degree of truth to that article, but by a similar token i think it's an idealist way of explaining dressing lazily or slobbishly.

Comment

• Arkady
            • Apr 2011

Yeah but I'd wager whispy cloaks and resinated jeans register as casual wear to most people, not sure this comes to down to being a slob.

Comment

• gregor
              • Oct 2014

my statement is mostly directed at the idea of just throwing things on with the intention of being casual and not spending a lot of time on the look you have, which i think a lot of people in garb like that you mentioned do.

slob is perhaps a bad word, but i do stand by it being somewhat of a glorification of not caring; which there is nothing really wrong with. i just think it reads too far into something that isn't really there, if that's fair to say.

perception is everything, though, at least when it comes to an outfit like that.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Slobs for sure, Gregor.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
                  • Apr 2011

Gotcha, that's a different flavor -- in my cosmology I draw a line between casual wear and cereal wear but you're right on that distinction not usually existing.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                    • Jul 2013

I took my son shoe shopping and tried to sway him to get a white low-top sneaker, because it's the most versatile and is great for summer with shorts. And of course he picks out the chunkiest black high top with white soles and padded collar and the biggest, fattest tongue. I was so flattered and proud. I'll be sad when he's older and all "my dad is a lame ass riccboi."
                    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

Man, annoying lowballers. Got a Cloak leather for sale I've marked down to $200, get an offer for $20 less plus free shipping to Asia. F*ck off I'd rather put it in a donation bin.
                      Last edited by casem; 08-11-2015, 01:58 AM.
                      music

Comment

• unwashed
                        • Dec 2008

Cloak doesn't sell very well. I think only the people who remembered Cloak can give reeasonable prices.

After more than a year my Cloak boots finally sold for dirtcheap. I would've kept just for the sake of looking at them for this price but really needed the space.

But 200$ for a Leather is bottomlow :)
                        Grailed link

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

^Yah, same with this jacket, just need the room and it doesn't fit me. Just annoying haggling for $20 when it's already dirt cheap.
                          music

Comment

• DudleyGray
                            • Jul 2013

It's a lot harder to let something like that go to a lowballer/haggler who probably just wants a cheap leather, when it's something "important/rare" that you basically won't ever see again because it's out of production and the label is defunct.

I guess it's gotta fit, though, unless you're an archivist who wants thousands of dollars worth of clutter going unused.
                            bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

No wonder I cannot sell my chunky Cloak cardigan. And I thought it was fashion history. I'd rather keep it, then.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ian+
                                • Dec 2011

Cloak is like this great album of death metal that came out during 1987, it was musically groundbreaking and you couldn't stop listening to it. After 18 years, the newer generation can't appreciate it or you can't listen to it anymore or both
                                ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎