X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unwashed
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by BSR View Post
    hmmm from what i see on ebay/grailed etc, dior homme slimane period sells way easier than carpe and of course cloak...
    Yes my old B50's and even my silver B50's sold much faster than my Carpe diems. Could be the prices of course but still after years my AV boots haven't sold but my Cloak boots did :)
    Grailed link

Comment

• DudleyGray
      • Jul 2013

The Guidi stacked heel is god's menswear gift to legs, but damned if I don't feel like a baby giraffe learning to walk.
      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• gregor
        • Oct 2014

my god devoa sneakers are gross

Comment

• delicious_not
          • Dec 2012

being a rick addict, i'm surprisingly cold to the white toe cap. been waiting for the day when you can purchase sock sneakers online, but now i guess i'll wait for the different version... idk, this splash of white gives me some "super hero" vibe, and i love my ricks to be subtle... plus they already feel like the most hyped pair of shoes you can get today. all black or black upper/white sole would be dope.

so far i only seen the all black version at totokaelo, and the price is mad (2k dollars is a lot, but i'm in russia so that would feel like 3k to me, thanks to the political situation and the currency exchange rate).

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Agreed. If I were to get them (which I am not), I'd go for all black. Same with geos.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
              idk, this splash of white gives me some "super hero" vibe, and i love my ricks to be subtle...
              Haha, Rickman and his trusty bottom, DRKSHDW. I like the white detailing on the sneakers, but only sometimes. My favorite Rick fits are definitely the ones where I only gradually realize it's all Rick, though. It looks so tasteful and well composed.

Comment

• Lex1017
                • Jul 2015

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                Haha, Rickman and his trusty bottom, DRKSHDW. I like the white detailing on the sneakers, but only sometimes. My favorite Rick fits are definitely the ones where I only gradually realize it's all Rick, though. It looks so tasteful and well composed.
                I as well like the white detail. Wearing the socks with cropped trousers definitely dulls the CHECK MY RICKS vibe. However I do quite like the look with shorts. I was curious as my reference to why I liked the look other than of course Rick wearing it himself. I think my appreciation for the look stems from my interest in Los Angeles gang culture. More specifically, certain gang members wear shorts with high socks and chuck taylors. The all black (Rick look) is a muting contrast to the khaki shorts with white socks they wear, but I like it.

Comment

• voltbird
                  • Feb 2014

this is like the most polite and subtle way to say "fuck you". i wear drop crotch shorts with high socks - fuck you. all my overpriced clothes are black - fuck you. there's a dude on heels on every piece of clothing you see on me - fuck you.
                  For me it is neither polite nor subtle, but rather than issuing some kind of "fuck you" directly it is a parody of the very impulse to say "fuck you" in the first place. I don't believe it is a joyless parody -- far from it, and I don't think Rick would ever participate in something that is devoid of joy -- but it is a caricatured rebelliousness, however elegantly it may be rendered. And one can recognize in this, as one may perhaps recognize in all his work, an exhaustive exploration of both deconstruction and introspection: the ability to pinpoint what it is within us that wants to say "fuck you" to the world (just to take the example you offered), and then to offer it up as a point of repeated analysis, season after season.

Now here's the amazing thing, in my interpretation, and it is what makes Rick my favorite designer: everything he does, he makes so incredibly funny, but he is never mocking us, nor encouraging us to mock ourselves. Nothing is cynical or malicious. We laugh to forgive ourselves, and amuse ourselves, because the joke's not on me or you or anyone in particular so much as it is... existential absurdity, maybe. Maybe the absurdity of draping the human form in the most devastatingly beautiful of fabrics and knits, but being sure to leave an obvious hatch to piss through. (Or maybe we all secretly wish we could get away with running around with no pants on! I could go on, but this is just the "random thoughts" thread.)

Comment

• gregor
                    • Oct 2014

voltbird love that analysis.

i mean, it's poetry, art, is it not?

i think what draws me to rick is a certain element of the whole in your face look. it's ironic that clothes so nuanced and plain in most cases are the most distinctive and loud in a room, though perhaps mostly by comparison.

as for the drapey, all black, i think there's something romantic about it, honestly. there's a brooding, mysterious beauty and intrigue to it all that can't be replicated with graphic tees and neon polo shirts. it's a phenomenon that is unlike any other in the world of fashion, at least considering how recently this style has seen proliferation in the world of higher fashion.

it's beautiful and mysterious and distinct all at once, and it's not necessarily the look (though that too ) that speaks to and attracts me as the philosophy, attitude, and meaning behind the clothes. if i saw that elsewhere, which, to a degree i do, i'd wear that, but there is something about rick that is just one of a kind.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                      • Jul 2013

Fashion, including Rick, is not unlike a drug habit, but instead of distorting your perspective of the world, fashion does the opposite. Rick is probably just the druggiest of fashion drugs in that sense, especially given that he is so extreme, prolific, and consistent. And instead of destroying your body, fashion destroys the world. As such, fashion should be treated as a drug, a dirty little secret confined to dark corners, rather than something to be paraded and celebrated in mainstream media.

Comment

• ahn
                        • Jul 2012

Why don't sellers reply to questions? I just want to know if you'll ship the item to my country and if so; for what price? Is it too much effort for you to investigate that you just ignore me? I WANT TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY
                        some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• stagename
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by ahn View Post
                          Why don't sellers reply to questions? I just want to know if you'll ship the item to my country and if so; for what price? Is it too much effort for you to investigate that you just ignore me? I WANT TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY
                          Not on this forum, but I tend not to reply to questions on grailed... I get so many questions. I used to answer all of them and there wouldn't be anything resulting from it, so I kinda stop. If the buyer seems interested, is not trying to haggle, or I've done transactions with him in the past that's a different story.

Maybe introducing your question with something like: I'm very interested in your product and I am ready to finalize the transaction. Before bidding/buying, I just wanted to make sure that the shipping cost would be under ABC, or I just wanted to make sure that you would ship to my country.

If I get a question like "how much for ABC" I tend not to reply. Then again i'm not the most motivated seller so ymmv.

Comment

• ahn
                            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by stagename View Post
                            Not on this forum, but I tend not to reply to questions on grailed... I get so many questions. I used to answer all of them and there wouldn't be anything resulting from it, so I kinda stop. If the buyer seems interested, is not trying to haggle, or I've done transactions with him in the past that's a different story.

Maybe introducing your question with something like: I'm very interested in your product and I am ready to finalize the transaction. Before bidding/buying, I just wanted to make sure that the shipping cost would be under ABC, or I just wanted to make sure that you would ship to my country.

If I get a question like "how much for ABC" I tend not to reply. Then again i'm not the most motivated seller so ymmv.
                            I understand this perspective as a seller but as a legitimately interested buyer I'm still just as frustrated.

I've already inquired once about a week ago (very politely) with no response... I really want the item so I'm just going to purchase it probably and fight later if I have to. It's probably an SZ seller, so I'm announcing my apologies ahead of time!
                            Last edited by ahn; 08-19-2015, 06:59 PM.
                            some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• gregor
                              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by ahn View Post
                              I understand this perspective as a seller but as a legitimately interested buyer I'm still just as frustrated.

I've already inquired once about a week ago (very politely) with no response... I really want the item so I'm just going to purchase it probably and fight later if I have to. It's probably an SZ seller, so I'm announcing my apologies ahead of time!
                              as a seller i respond to every question i get, though i will say i see why other sellers don't as very, very few questions of the hundreds i've been asked on grailed actually lead to a transaction.

sz is much more professional and efficient marketplace, though it can take some time.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by voltbird View Post
                                For me it is neither polite nor subtle, but rather than issuing some kind of "fuck you" directly it is a parody of the very impulse to say "fuck you" in the first place. I don't believe it is a joyless parody -- far from it, and I don't think Rick would ever participate in something that is devoid of joy -- but it is a caricatured rebelliousness, however elegantly it may be rendered. And one can recognize in this, as one may perhaps recognize in all his work, an exhaustive exploration of both deconstruction and introspection: the ability to pinpoint what it is within us that wants to say "fuck you" to the world (just to take the example you offered), and then to offer it up as a point of repeated analysis, season after season.

Now here's the amazing thing, in my interpretation, and it is what makes Rick my favorite designer: everything he does, he makes so incredibly funny, but he is never mocking us, nor encouraging us to mock ourselves. Nothing is cynical or malicious. We laugh to forgive ourselves, and amuse ourselves, because the joke's not on me or you or anyone in particular so much as it is... existential absurdity, maybe. Maybe the absurdity of draping the human form in the most devastatingly beautiful of fabrics and knits, but being sure to leave an obvious hatch to piss through. (Or maybe we all secretly wish we could get away with running around with no pants on! I could go on, but this is just the "random thoughts" thread.)
                                Best of SZ.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎