X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gregor
    • Oct 2014

aberdeen is a whole other beast

it's true that toronto's community is limited geographically, but that's the case for most such communities, i feel. no point in being in newmarket if everything worth your time is in yorkville. it does create an illusion, but i still think it's a good community. vancouver is another story, though, i think it's by far canada's most notable fashion community, though not necessarily it's best for that.

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
      you just don't see this shit out in the wild that often, and if you do, you're either in paris for fashion week [and even then you see less than you'd expect], or you're magically aligned with the minority dark fashion contingent's city schedules.
      i thought it was cause we're all just in our mom's basement posting fits. or is that just me?

Comment

• unwashed
        • Dec 2008

In Holland, I have never ever seen anybody in any of the SZ discussed brands in the last 8 years. When I went to Tokio, Paris, London, Rome no SZ brands. I wasn't on the look out all those times, but also not casually ran into it.

I've only had one strange encounter 5 years back.
        I was wearing the exact same Rick dunks as a random guy in the same line waiting to board the plane. We were both watching at our shoes and thinking, wow one in a million chance. While I was in total dark lord attire, he was wearing Khaki's and a striped dress shirt.
        Grailed link

Comment

• DudleyGray
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
          While I was in total dark lord attire, he was wearing Khaki's and a striped dress shirt.
          Ideally, you simultaneously judged each other as fashion victims.
          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• eleves
            • Sep 2012

Have to agree with the scarcity of SZ out in the world which is totally fine with me. I've been in NYC my whole life and anyone wearing something besides RO sneakers out in the open is a very rare sight, and even so, it's usually just hypebeast kids. Obviously, if you head over to somewhere like DSM, you'll likely run into at least someone who is interested in what we are and it's because in that area, we stick out like a sore thumb! I work in Midtown, not quite Murray Hill where DSM is but you'll be hard pressed to find anyone wearing any of the brands we talk about here, and if you're around here and you do see someone, it's probably me! I've literally only seen Paul Harden worn on 3 separate occasions in NYC and it was Vassili all 3 times
            Originally posted by Faust
            HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Cantara
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by eleves View Post
              Have to agree with the scarcity of SZ out in the world which is totally fine with me. I've been in NYC my whole life and anyone wearing something besides RO sneakers out in the open is a very rare sight, and even so, it's usually just hypebeast kids. Obviously, if you head over to somewhere like DSM, you'll likely run into at least someone who is interested in what we are and it's because in that area, we stick out like a sore thumb! I work in Midtown, not quite Murray Hill where DSM is but you'll be hard pressed to find anyone wearing any of the brands we talk about here, and if you're around here and you do see someone, it's probably me! I've literally only seen Paul Harden worn on 3 separate occasions in NYC and it was Vassili all 3 times
              Fair enough. I guess I've just been lucky then. I've only recently started seeing it more and more.

Comment

• NOHSAD
                • Nov 2014

I agree with eleves on this, for all the times I've seen people wearing Rick in NYC, it's just Hypebeast/streetwear individuals wearing Ramones or Geobaskets. I've yet to see anyone in "SZ" type of clothing except at the StyleZeitgeist events or if i'm going to places like ATELIER, Hotoveli or DSM for the matter. When I started working at Herald Square, I've met a few people who were aware of the brands (mostly Rick Owens beyond the sneakers but eh, at least they know) and was amazed when I was actually wearing BBS and even more so Zam Barrett, once they knew he's based in brooklyn.
                "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• Lex1017
                  • Jul 2015

Originally posted by deadboy View Post
                  Meanwhile in Toronto, I saw a dude who wore Geos to the grocery store yesterday. People should have their SZ handles on nametags here.
                  Had to pick up some kraft dinner. Dining on a budget now, those shoes don't come cheap.

Comment

• eleves
                    • Sep 2012

I still wear my rick dunks whenever im running about town and I've had someone come up to me in Uniqlo and say 'tough rickys yo, I go hard for those"
                    Originally posted by Faust
                    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                      • Jul 2013

It really goes to show the kind of scale that mass production is actually operating at with a brand like Nike.
                      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• gregor
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Lex1017 View Post
                        Had to pick up some kraft dinner. Dining on a budget now, those shoes don't come cheap.
                        oh please, i'd eat kd if i was a millionaire.

i agree with eleves on being fine with the scarcity of sz types. it's nice to be unique, and it really kind of dilutes some of the meaning of the clothing and attitude when people just pick it up on a whim. though it is nice to have discourse with likeminded people, i guess that's why we're all on this forum.

Comment

• Law
                          • Dec 2013

'tough rickys yo, I go hard for those"
                          Translation please.

Comment

• smudge
                            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Law View Post
                            Translation please.
                            Your rick dunks have given me an erection

Comment

• Lex1017
                              • Jul 2015

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                              oh please, i'd eat kd if i was a millionaire.

i agree with eleves on being fine with the scarcity of sz types. it's nice to be unique, and it really kind of dilutes some of the meaning of the clothing and attitude when people just pick it up on a whim. though it is nice to have discourse with likeminded people, i guess that's why we're all on this forum.
                              I was totally kidding. I would too.

Comment

• Lex1017
                                • Jul 2015

It's funny. I was in NYC three says ago. I noticed the exact same thing. Mind you I was only there for 3 days. Unfortunately walking into dover I didn't notice anyone either (customer wise). Most of the people (as suspected) were non-skaters, dressing like 90's skater scum, mixed with Gosha/Supreme pieces (which as a skateboarder is a joke). On a side note, I got the stank eye going in their (I am assuming because I was dressed in "regular clothes" and Nike runners for all the walking I did). The staff in the Rick Owens store and Hotoveli were extremely friendly and knowledgable. I think that retailers that recommend other retailers, to find the items you're looking for is such a class act and a real indication of passion for the clothing. Can't wait to go back.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎