• Show
Clear All
  • eleves
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Law View Post
    Translation please.
    Originally posted by smudge View Post
    Your rick dunks have given me an erection
    Hahahaha, had no idea what that might have meant UNTIL RIGHT NOW!!
    Originally posted by Faust
    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• stagename
      • Oct 2011

On the other hand, I've seen tons of people dressed in cheaper Rick alternatives (read black jeans, white and black sneaker, elongated tee) sometimes mix with some balmain inspired biker jeans. In any case, a uniform around those lines.

I swear to god, 9/10 times it was worn by a jocky/douchy types. It has become a new douche uniform. Like popped collars for the 21st century.

Every time I see one my gf tells me: these are you peeps now. Because let's face it, we might see the difference, but others won't. #winning

Comment

• Nickefuge
        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by stagename View Post
        I swear to god, 9/10 times it was worn by a jocky/douchy types. It has become a new douche uniform. Like popped collars for the 21st century.
        Just wait a year (tops) until a new fad comes around ... then you´ll be the guy who dresses like last year.
        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• morsto
          • Nov 2008

I can echo the nyc people, I saw one person with style related to this forum (which if I'm not mistaken was Faust) there the past week and I was out and about all day every day.. also the rick store was dead empty, actually thought it was closed when I went. I actually see lots more in knockoff rick here in cph than in nyc, which surprised me a lot.
          I do not recognise the vessel,
          but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

^Yea, I think the internet gives a false impression of how ubiquitous certain designs are. If you're going off instagram you'd think everyone and their mom owns some Rick dunks and SLP biker jeans, but I hardly ever see them out on the street.
            music

Comment

• ian+
              • Dec 2011

a bit irrelevant but I envy anyone able to visit Idol Brooklyn. Space, concept, diversity, designers, pieces, styling all top notch in my book. I wish I was in NY right now.
              ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                • Apr 2013

I just went a couple of weeks back, great vibes, it seems to be the beginning of something big.
                Originally posted by unwashed
                Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                Originally posted by Ahimsa
                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• delicious_not
                  • Dec 2012

recently i sold a drkshdw hoodie for enough money to buy me a pair of pants, 2 knits and 2 coats (all from zara, full price items). and the quality is pretty good, considering the money - can't say the same about the quality of drkshdw (far from it). something is definitely not right here.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
                    recently i sold a drkshdw hoodie for enough money to buy me a pair of pants, 2 knits and 2 coats (all from zara, full price items). and the quality is pretty good, considering the money - can't say the same about the quality of drkshdw (far from it). something is definitely not right here.
                    You´re absolutely right.
                    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• delicious_not
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                      oh c'mon. it's too big, too complicated. you can't stop it. you refuse to buy clothes produced by mass market brands - millions of other people don't. seems like some silly "one-man / small group" protest. i mean sure it's bad, but...

when you walk down the street dressed, say, full rick - at least that looks like you know what you're standing for. people are careless, people don't know shit, people just buy whatever they want without thinking about any background - but you know that your weird overpriced clothes were made in Italy by someone who, most likely, is not a starving third world "slave". very dramatic, in a way. but when it's more like "somewhere, someone, probably made this 9.99$ tee living in appalling conditions, so that's the reason i won't buy it", then i don't know...

also, i don't think i was born in a tom ford tuxedo, and back in school zara/hm/topman were the only brands i could afford - so what, now i should feel like i'm a bad person for the rest of my days? no matter what i buy now, i kind of already contributed to some "inhumane fashion system", right? i wonder if there's a single person on this forum who never bought some zara/hm/uniqlo/gap/whatever made in suck piece of clothing, btw...

Comment

• stagename
                        • Oct 2011

oh c'mon. it's too big, too complicated. you can't stop it. you refuse to buy clothes produced by mass market brands - millions of other people don't. seems like some silly "one-man / small group" protest. i mean sure it's bad, but...
                        This explains so much why we live in the world we live nowadays. Great mentality and overall outlook on life.

I agree it's a structural issue, though, but justifying your actions because millions of others are doing it is not a defensible position. There are something like 20 million slaves today. Based on your logic, that's a morally acceptable thing to do? I mean. MILLIONS!

That's how changes starts at the grass root level. Then, 50 years forward, people look back at the millions of people whose actions were morally reprehensible and wonder how they could do such things.

Goldwin's law. MILLIONS!

Comment

• DudleyGray
                          • Jul 2013

also, i don't think i was born in a tom ford tuxedo, and back in school zara/hm/topman were the only brands i could afford - so what, now i should feel like i'm a bad person for the rest of my days? no matter what i buy now, i kind of already contributed to some "inhumane fashion system", right? i wonder if there's a single person on this forum who never bought some zara/hm/uniqlo/gap/whatever made in suck piece of clothing, btw...
                          How much did you make then vs. how much do you make now? It's not RICK OWENS expensive to buy non-sweatshop clothes or organic food. Or even better, buy used. Hell, just cut back a little on A/C, that shit is both expensive and awful for the environment. I mean yeah, it's not going to change anything but it's still not right to loot during a riot just because everyone else is.
                          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• julian_doe
                            • Mar 2013

when you walk down the street dressed, say, full rick - at least that looks like you know what you're standing for. people are careless, people don't know shit, people just buy whatever they want without thinking about any background - but you know that your weird overpriced clothes were made in Italy by someone who, most likely, is not a starving third world "slave". very dramatic, in a way. but when it's more like "somewhere, someone, probably made this 9.99$ tee living in appalling conditions, so that's the reason i won't buy it", then i don't know...

I echo what stagename said. And you know, I also believe that living a completely guilt-free lifestyle is a dogmatic ideal.

However, where the option exists to NOT contribute to the problem, and when enough information is available to understand which choices are detrimental, why would anyone continue to purchase such garments? Simply to follow the popular consensus of such an action? That seems to me like a poor excuse for ignorance. I am not wealthy, and it takes a lot of effort for me to be able to afford some of the handcrafted items that I love. As well, I don't wear these garments everyday, and I have a set of garments that I wear to work. These are either made in unionized and/or conscious (environmentally) factories. Or, they will be purchased in the second-hand market, where the money I invest will not feed those that exploit their labor force and the environment. I don't dress to follow suit, to impress, or to belong...I dress for my self and to cover my body in a style which complements my persona and my physique. Ignorance is not bliss, it honestly is a disease.

Comment

• En.
                              • May 2015

You're right, something's not right. Care to elaborate on the difference in quality?

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                                • Apr 2014

but you know that your weird overpriced clothes were made in Italy by someone who, most likely, is not a starving third world "slave". very dramatic, in a way. but when it's more like "somewhere, someone, probably made this 9.99$ tee living in appalling conditions, so that's the reason i won't buy it", then i don't know...
                                Blown out of proportion, but I get what you're saying. Perhaps nicelynice should mention his encounter with a women that made one of his Uniqlo t-shirts while on vacation in Asia.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎