X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
    recently i sold a drkshdw hoodie for enough money to buy me a pair of pants, 2 knits and 2 coats (all from zara, full price items). and the quality is pretty good, considering the money - can't say the same about the quality of drkshdw (far from it). something is definitely not right here.
    lol u wear zara? gtfo

Comment

• stagename
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
      Blown out of proportion

Comment

• delicious_not
        • Dec 2012

the world where everyone is happy would be awesome, I get it. but you can't change shit by just being true to yourself, living the good lifestyle, arguing on forums, etc. you won't start a worldwide riot with that. if all that makes you feel like a better person - fine, great. but please, don't tell the others that they are ignorant assholes, because that's how it sounds.

and hey, they still work for the money, right? minimum living wage or not, they have jobs. do you guys really care about the people? you don't know them, you won't see them. maybe it's just the origin of the clothes itself - you don't want them to be made by those people?

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
        lol u wear zara? gtfo
        haven't been there since 2009 i guess. i needed to refresh my daily wardrobe with some cheap good looking clothes, mostly for usual life shit (nothing fancy or trendy), and i wanted this problem to be solved quickly (rick keeps me busy enough).

i love to blend in just as much as i love to stand out, and to always look like my spaceship just crash landed and I'm wandering around the city is not my goal.

Originally posted by En. View Post
        You're right, something's not right. Care to elaborate on the difference in quality?
        drkshdw quality is far from being great, seams, threads, all that. i'm not talking about the design, it's how the clothes feel. usually I can't justify the retail price.

Comment

• DudleyGray
          • Jul 2013

...i needed to refresh my daily wardrobe with some cheap good looking clothes, mostly for usual life shit (nothing fancy or trendy), and i wanted this problem to be solved quickly...
          Haha, oh OK.
          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• GucciAmen
            • Sep 2014

i needed to refresh my daily wardrobe with some cheap good looking clothes, mostly for usual life shit (nothing fancy or trendy), and i wanted this problem to be solved quickly (rick keeps me busy enough).
            Why don't you replace Zara with AA? Prices are similar - online sales are almost weekly - and you're not supporting the inhumane cruelty that keeps fast fashion alive..

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

good looking clothes
              riiight. zara is the shit... keep on keepin on, bro.

Comment

• HugAndWug
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by GucciAmen View Post
                Why don't you replace Zara with AA? Prices are similar - online sales are almost weekly - and you're not supporting the inhumane cruelty that keeps fast fashion alive..
                Because AA doesn't sell knockoffs

Comment

• delicious_not
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                  Haha, oh OK.
                  riiight. zara is the shit... keep on keepin on, bro.
                  Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
                  i could go to mr. porter instead and buy similar items for 10x more money, and most people wouldn't tell the difference (ok I know how it sounds). but i'm not interested enough, that's not my field. and it's not like i'm going full fahshun killa in zara, you guys are overplaying it just because of the brand. i got the most basic stuff possible. i love my disguise.

Originally posted by GucciAmen View Post
                  there are no AA shops in my country, and zara is literally everywhere - so when once in a while I decide to buy a few basic outfits for grocery shopping etc., I prefer it to be safe and simple.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
                    What about AA fabric though? We know the garments themselves are humane, but what of the farmers/pickers/makers of the raw material and then the people who weave them into fabric?

Comment

• HugAndWug
                      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                      What about AA fabric though? We know the garments themselves are humane, but what of the farmers/pickers/makers of the raw material and then the people who weave them into fabric?
                      I don't own/know anything about AA so I can't comment on that but that idea expands to literally every piece of clothing.

Comment

• TheDivinitus
                        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post

"Many of our fabrics are woven at our factory in downtown Los Angeles, including our Sustainable Edition fabrics made from environmentally safe organically grown cotton."

More here: http://www.americanapparel.net/whole...es/fabrics.asp
                        blog

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

aren't they going out of business now?

oh and delicious_snot, why not hop on over to 4chan or reddit instead.

Comment

• TheDivinitus
                            • Jul 2011

No, but they are regrouping.
                            blog

Comment

• Law
                              • Dec 2013

They just hired a colleague of my girlfriend on triple her current salary. I wouldn't say they're going out of business, as mentioned re-grouping.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                                • Jul 2013

Thank god, I need those knee high socks.
                                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎