Page 242 of 247 FirstFirst ... 142192232233234235236237238239240241242243244245246247 LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,840 of 4923

Thread: random fashion thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by julian_doe View Post
    In regards to fashion shows...

I wish that these were more accessible to smaller artisanal brands. However, it seems to me that film allows brands to display their work in a "performance" setting.

As well, it seems like the bigger brands that can afford elaborate shows only do so to make up for decreasing quality in their garments. Not all of them of course (Rick is an exception?), but in my opinion these shows are defdinitely being used as a marketing technique as opposed to a canvas upon which to showcase a concept.

Those are my 2 cents...
    Depends on your point of view on what an elaborate show is.
    You don't have to go very far https://www.sz-mag.com/news/2018/02/...nsform-runway/

For the lulz:

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Yes Newp, I’m in the same boat as you in thinking that some of the best shows I’ve seen are put together without Hollywood budgets

If anything my suspicions are that experimental shows don’t translate well into expanding the brand... ie it makes the brand seem inaccessible to the fashion conscious

While clearing out my studio I came across a pile of old magazines and just went through my Arena+ Homme from SS03 and damn everything in it is so fresh. Lang, Adrover (?), Chalayan, even some early early Rick, Dior of course. I’m stumped.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbeuys View Post
    While clearing out my studio I came across a pile of old magazines and just went through my Arena+ Homme from SS03 and damn everything in it is so fresh. Lang, Adrover (?), Chalayan, even some early early Rick, Dior of course. I’m stumped.
    be glad you were of that time..............it pains now to see the output and how far it has regressed
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

https://www.complex.com/style/2018/0...18-cfda-awards

Has anyone checked up on Faust?
    Eugene, are you okay?
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Quote Originally Posted by Nickefuge View Post

Eugene, are you okay?
    Can we get even lower then this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeroenr View Post
    Can we get even lower then this?
    Done, already: second classified was Virgil Abloh --->
    "...beating out fellow nominees Virgil Abloh for Off-White"
    :D

Quote Originally Posted by Nickefuge View Post

Eugene, are you okay?
    I'm pretty fucking far from Ok.

The above line was from Pulp Fiction after Marcellos Wallace gets anally raped.

But in all seriousness, no one takes these awards seriously anymore. James Jebbia least of all, as evidenced by his acceptance speech.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by mrbeuys View Post
    The good old days when people still took fashion seriously.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    The good old days when people still took fashion seriously.
    Hype has pummeled substance into the ground.........................integrity is if Zero value in fashion today. it is almost a millstone around ones neck
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Quote Originally Posted by zamb View Post
    Hype has pummeled substance into the ground.........................integrity is if Zero value in fashion today. it is almost a millstone around ones neck
    The audience today is the big problem. No one wants to hear this, of course.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Finally saw the RO low geothrashers on someone in person and I can understand the appeal now. Anyone own a pair?Thoughts on quality (durability specifically) in comparison to ramones, etc?
    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Quote Originally Posted by eleves View Post
    Finally saw the RO low geothrashers on someone in person and I can understand the appeal now. Anyone own a pair?Thoughts on quality (durability specifically) in comparison to ramones, etc?
    I've got two pairs (both bought at 50% discounts), same colorway, because I'm unsure how long production will last as they don't seem to be getting a lot of love... I'm mildly flatfooted and I find them quite comfortable. The leather's not the softest, as you may notice, but I find the hand pleasant enough. I was looking for some lowtop sneakers that weren't so 'loud,' as the case can be with the normal chunky sole on Ramones, etc., and these fit the bill for me. I actually find the construction to be superior to Ramones, as there isn't a captoe that lends to the sole's stitching becoming undone at the stress points.
    who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Quote Originally Posted by ADreamofBlue View Post
    I've got two pairs (both bought at 50% discounts), same colorway, because I'm unsure how long production will last as they don't seem to be getting a lot of love... I'm mildly flatfooted and I find them quite comfortable. The leather's not the softest, as you may notice, but I find the hand pleasant enough. I was looking for some lowtop sneakers that weren't so 'loud,' as the case can be with the normal chunky sole on Ramones, etc., and these fit the bill for me. I actually find the construction to be superior to Ramones, as there isn't a captoe that lends to the sole's stitching becoming undone at the stress points.
    I have Mastosneaks and I love them as well. The sole does come unglued at the stress points like most vulcanized shoes, but it doesn't bother me. They are kind of a go to at this point. Going to try and get a couple more pairs as well before they go out.

Thanks for the input, dream and lex! I'll see if I can find a major discount now too haha
    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

So dries' been acquired. can't say i saw that coming, surely over the years he's got numerous offers, wonder why the decision was taken now. is the business not doing so well financially or is he simply looking to expand? a new perfume line on the way perhaps? any insights?

Quote Originally Posted by dddr View Post
    So dries' been acquired. can't say i saw that coming, surely over the years he's got numerous offers, wonder why the decision was taken now. is the business not doing so well financially or is he simply looking to expand? a new perfume line on the way perhaps? any insights?
    Retirement time. Why not? He's done so much. He deserves it. The business is healthy.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by eleves View Post
    Yeah, i have one pair. I like them. Not too loud. Just easy for summer. I paid 220 euro#s for them. New from a store out of Spain. For that price, i just had to pick them up.

Let me be the first one to say this: I really like Rick’s SS19 BABEL.
    -Paris Hilton