Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • voltbird
    • Feb 2014

i agree with eleves on being fine with the scarcity of sz types. it's nice to be unique, and it really kind of dilutes some of the meaning of the clothing and attitude when people just pick it up on a whim. though it is nice to have discourse with likeminded people, i guess that's why we're all on this forum.
    In Flatiron several months back I passed a guy on the street in head-to-toe Rick, and while I couldn't say the same for myself I was definitely as monochromatic as he was. We exchanged a smile and a look of mutual acknowledgment and I think for me that's the nicest part.

After all, isn't that what this whole thing is about? For most of us? To take what we wear and have it communicate something sincere and reflective of ourselves?

Comment

• round
      • Aug 2015

I got very into patchwork. After being here a little while I now want long black coats.

What have you done SZ.

Edit: I'm also feeling the urge to lose weight so I can look better in certain types of clothing. Went from 145lbs to 131lbs.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by voltbird View Post
        After all, isn't that what this whole thing is about? For most of us? To take what we wear and have it communicate something sincere and reflective of ourselves?
        that sure as hell is not my motivation lol
        Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• DudleyGray
          • Jul 2013

It's the end result at the very least, for me anyways.
          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by round View Post
            I got very into patchwork. After being here a little while I now want long black coats.

What have you done SZ.

Edit: I'm also feeling the urge to lose weight so I can look better in certain types of clothing. Went from 145lbs to 131lbs.
            Buy black patchwork coats. Best of both worlds. Look into the current season Junya Watanabe - some real gems in there.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lex1017
              • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Buy black patchwork coats. Best of both worlds. Look into the current season Junya Watanabe - some real gems in there.
              The long coats with the denim patch work are beautiful. I am not sure if this is the one but I swear i saw a double breasted one some where as well.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

That's the one I was referring to, actually.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• delicious_not
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                  oh and delicious_snot, why not hop on over to 4chan or reddit instead.
                  man, why it hurts you so bad? i don't get it. all i said is that i bought something in a mass market store, literally for the first time in years - yet you're already saying that i don't belong here and even mocking my username. chill, i know what i'm doing. i don't plan to pair it with geobaskets and post it in WAYWT thread.

i didn't even show the clothes... so far i only got this coat and this turtleneck (maybe it sounded like i already bought a ton of "cool zara shit"), now go on guys and tell me that i'm a fuccboi dressed in cheap knockoffs who don't know shit about what SZ forum represents... i mean i knew that we're not going to discuss drkshdw quality issues after my post, but THAT bad?

one more time: yes, sometimes i love to look like the most random guy possible if i feel like i don't need any attention, that's why i go to mass market stores and buy the most plain stuff possible. i could spend more, i just don't want to. and when i get sick, i don't go to the doctor dressed head to toe rick/julius/yohji cuz that would make me look like i can cure myself, it was just a random example, u guys feel fine dressing up every day - great, but don't tell me that i do something wrong here... what the fuck, are we in middle school - guys didn't like my shoelaces so i deserve a good laugh, if not a beating? damn...

Comment

• round
                    • Aug 2015

That's the one I was referring to, actually.
                    Oooh I better start saving, coming up with 1.7k is gonna be a struggle lmfao.

But yea that is really nice.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

He's done parchwork countess times, you can probably find an earlier season piece for much less if you want to. If you're small (<48), rakuten and yahoo auctions have plenty of junya.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• round
                        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                        He's done parchwork countess times, you can probably find an earlier season piece for much less if you want to. If you're small (<48), rakuten and yahoo auctions have plenty of junya.
                        Ill have to go browse around rakuten, luckily I'm a small. Gonna have to take a little break from spending, I've bought wayyy too much stuff recently.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Or see if you can get it from Japan at half the price.

Going to Japan in October with a half-empty suitcase. Weeee!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• round
                            • Aug 2015

Or see if you can get it from Japan at half the price.

Going to Japan in October with a half-empty suitcase. Weeee!
                            Lucky man, I've always wanted to go to Japan, but its cool I'm going to Cuba soon

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by round View Post
                              Lucky man, I've always wanted to go to Japan, but its cool I'm going to Cuba soon
                              what are you going to buy gaberdine pants and guayabera shirts?
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                                what are you going to buy gaberdine pants and guayabera shirts?
                                nothing wrong with some nice guayaberas though
                                Originally posted by unwashed
                                Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                                Originally posted by Ahimsa
                                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎