X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Defender
    Banned
    • Jan 2015

so we just flat out don't care about ny fashion week around here, right?

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Defender View Post
      it sucks, I was looking at some of the collections and i am wondering what year are we in.......so dated and bland. Now its going to be worse since they split the mens.

Its hard for me to comprehend why NY seems so talentless and uninspiring.
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Ahimsa
        Vegan Police
        • Sep 2011

It's all about the afterparty scene, really.
        StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
          It's all about the afterparty scene, really.
          or he (who shall not be named) in the front row at Alexander Wang.

Comment

• Ahimsa
            Vegan Police
            • Sep 2011

Zam, he IS the party
            StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I've been meaning to post the Givenchy show, haven't gotten a chance. Someone, please do it.

As for the rest - let me put it to you thus. I've been invited to about 15 or so shows and I'm going to exactly one, in an hour from now.

P.S. Apparently was dining next to Wang yesterday. Didn't know until a gaggle of Asian kids starting taking photos outside of the restaurant.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                I've been meaning to post the Givenchy show, haven't gotten a chance. Someone, please do it.

As for the rest - let me put it to you thus. I've been invited to about 15 or so shows and I'm going to exactly one, in an hour from now.

P.S. Apparently was dining next to Wang yesterday. Didn't know until a gaggle of Asian kids starting taking photos outside of the restaurant.

you missed your Kodak moment........LOL

Big money has killed off NY!

Comment

• En.
                  • May 2015

Right. No reason to be excited for this week.
                  Can't blame you for not noticing him sooner. He's as insipid as his work.

Comment

• ian+
                    • Dec 2011

in my dreams someone throws a napalm bomb on the Givenchy show in NY. Everyone dies except Mr Faust whose bulletproof BBS leather vest saves him (if you were there ).
                    Then I wake up
                    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• scanner
                      • Mar 2015

A very stupid, senseless and terrible thing to say considering the setting and theme of the show.. You should please re-think that and out of respect for people, erase it.

Comment

• ian+
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by scanner View Post
                        A very stupid, senseless and terrible thing to say considering the setting and theme of the show.. You should please re-think that and out of respect for people, erase it.
                        two words. fuck off.

A terrible designer, sorry selfie taker is opening a store in NY and to promote that he is raising flags and makes a tribute to 9/11? I mean a tribute to 9/11? Let's read the definition of tribute:

an act, statement, or gift that is intended to show gratitude, respect, or admiration

So he engages maybe the biggest disaster in the recent history of the USA just for shameless promotion.

Secondly he invites the worst of the pop culture as always. Not that this isn't happening in other shows, but remember this is a tribute to 9/11.

My words were symbolic. The meaning is that this fashion crowd needs to disappear. I don't feel that I should make it clear, it's obvious. I also won't take lessons from you especially when people I knew died that day.

Obviously you didn't get any of the above right? So fuck off again
                        ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Funny you should say this, Ian. I've got a whole article lined up on the topic. Will probably publish later today or tomorrow.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Law
                            • Dec 2013

The highlight were the two models falling.

Comment

• Resge
                              • Sep 2014

Looking for some insight.

I wasn't sure what would be the best thread to ask, so I'll ask here and hope it doesn't get lost. Can someone give me an insight on what would be the most practical language to learn for a marketing major trying to get into fashion industry (sourcing, buying, strategy)? My top 3 are obviously French, Italian, and Japanese.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Sourcing, buying, strategy - Italian. PR and communications - French. Japanese, if you are planning to work heavily with Japanese brands or relocate there.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎