X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriggerDiscipline
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Sourcing, buying, strategy - Italian. PR and communications - French. Japanese, if you are planning to work heavily with Japanese brands or relocate there.
    About the Japanese, there's not much demand for a foreigner in the country, as much as a brand wanting someone in Europe for sales to the Japanese stores, this is also a very viable option.

The barrier of entry is high and your Japanese has to be pretty much perfect (on their level)
    Originally posted by unwashed
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Originally posted by Ahimsa
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Resge
      • Sep 2014

Thanks, Faust and TriggerDiscipline, that's pretty much what I expected to hear, though it never hurts to ask. So it is basically French for agency side and Italian/Japanese for client side.

Comment

• tonecrush
        • Jul 2013

I know most of you here have had this and admit to being guilty but people making low offers and me accepting and never replying again..wtf. If I make an offer and then turns out I can't go through I always communicate to the seller.

And I will stop bothering people with questions until I actually have the cash to back it up, so sorry to anyone that's been rubbed the wrong way by my premature question asking and offers. Saving mode engaged.
        "Never seen someone treat such a piece of crap excuse for a boot with so much care, and precision."

Comment

• newp
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by tonecrush View Post
          I know most of you here have had this and admit to being guilty but people making low offers and me accepting and never replying again..wtf. If I make an offer and then turns out I can't go through I always communicate to the seller.

And I will stop bothering people with questions until I actually have the cash to back it up, so sorry to anyone that's been rubbed the wrong way by my premature question asking and offers. Saving mode engaged.
          I don't mind any sizing/general item question at all even if the potential buyer doesn't have any money yet. He has to decide if it's worth saving for/buying first and has all right to do so.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Resge View Post
            Thanks, Faust and TriggerDiscipline, that's pretty much what I expected to hear, though it never hurts to ask. So it is basically French for agency side and Italian/Japanese for client side.
            you could also look into Press and PR I suppose, Chinese is popular now too for sales it seems....
            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• SafetyKat
              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by En. View Post
              Can't blame you for not noticing him sooner. He's as insipid as his work.
              Somewhat relevent

(1:58)

Almost missed him there amidst all that Moschino...

*Random thoughts while watching*

"Miley, West, Diplo,Chris Rock, Wang, Perry, Niki... Jesus is my grandma in there too?...

"They allow kids in Madonna's party palace? My, that's quite irresponsible...

"I bet jesus is hiding in there somewhere actually"

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by SafetyKat View Post
                Somewhat relevent

(1:58)

Almost missed him there amidst all that Moschino...

*Random thoughts while watching*

"Miley, West, Diplo,Chris Rock, Wang, Perry, Niki... Jesus is my grandma in there too?...

"They allow kids in Madonna's party palace? My, that's quite irresponsible...

"I bet jesus is hiding in there somewhere actually"

this video gave me a disease *shudders*

Comment

• En.
                  • May 2015

The funniest part of the video is watching Madonna trying and failing at all her dancing. Her age is obvious no matter how hard she tries to appear younger. But hey, Nicki.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                    • Jul 2013

That thing where a label prints words or branding in white sans serif font on jackets or whatever, it's so corny, especially white on black. UC, CdG, Supreme, Raf, please stop.
                    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Good for Instagram. Street-style bait. Free advertising.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

vivienne westwood makes some relevant points about climate change. i just wish she would also make some relevant fashion cause then her relevant points might actually be a bit... uh... relevant...

Comment

• gregor
                          • Oct 2014

dudleygray same reason that anyone does that; free advertising, easy sell, etc. it's lazy and has no place in high fashion, but that's just the reason i try to stay away from them.

agree and disagree on westwood, though. i think there's a lot to be said for what she has to say beyond the bounds as a fashion designer, and looking at her as a person is every bit as important as it is for her as a designer, but it's somewhat the point of a designer to use clothing as an outlet for said ideas and points.

Comment

• Arkady
                            • Apr 2011

Is there a plausible scenario in which fashion can make any kind of effective statement about climate change? I would like to hear what others might envision for this as I still have a nosebleed from that Givenchy show.

I suppose we would begin by deciding what an effective statement is which is a matter of some debate since top scientists have had an arduous time inciting any policy changes with hard data, much less pants.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                              dudleygray same reason that anyone does that; free advertising, easy sell, etc. it's lazy and has no place in high fashion, but that's just the reason i try to stay away from them.

agree and disagree on westwood, though. i think there's a lot to be said for what she has to say beyond the bounds as a fashion designer, and looking at her as a person is every bit as important as it is for her as a designer, but it's somewhat the point of a designer to use clothing as an outlet for said ideas and points.
                              Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                              Is there a plausible scenario in which fashion can make any kind of effective statement about climate change? I would like to hear what others might envision for this as I still have a nosebleed from that Givenchy show.

I suppose we would begin by deciding what an effective statement is which is a matter of some debate since top scientists have had an arduous time inciting any policy changes with hard data, much less pants.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gregor
                                • Oct 2014

faust in that example, absolutely. it's something i welcome as a concept, but i suppose am too expectant to see in something like clothing, because, as mentioned in the article, a lot of the gravity of the issue is often lost. i don't know if it's an intrinsic facet of fashion that causes such a need for separation, though, or the fact that fashion is rather removed from art. either way, i think it can be done, it's just very hard, and has to be nuanced. it can't be as crass and offensive as givenchy was.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎