Page 3 of 246 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 4919

Thread: random fashion thoughts

  1. #41

    Default

    I mostly do wear the same stuff at home than I do outside. But it's probably because I'm too lazy to change clothes and don't have any curtains -- apart from the bedroom -- and want to save the people vis-à-vis from seeing me in underpants.

  2. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpfish View Post
    Ann struggles.
    I disagree. I like her tailoring a lot even though her shoulder is the opposite of what I generally prefer.

  3. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by endorphinz View Post
    speakin' of underwear, does anyone spend $30 on a pair of boxers or briefs? I mean I'm all for luxury but....

    my house attire = fruit of the loom
    Yes, on boxer briefs. Only because I want fair trade/fair labor/organic and for it to not be tie-dye and/or hemp.

    Going commando is always a good way to save money though...

  4. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by endorphinz View Post
    (...)and on that note,and speakin' of underwear, does anyone spend $30 on a pair of boxers or briefs? I mean I'm all for luxury but....
    I do, I just love these Zimmerlis, once you try them on, all other underpants just seem inappropriate:
    http://www.mrporter.com/product/168686

  5. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    Yes, on boxer briefs. Only because I want fair trade/fair labor/organic and for it to not be tie-dye and/or hemp.

    Going commando is always a good way to save money though...
    What's wrong with hemp?

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    electric ladyland
    Posts
    1,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ES3K View Post
    I do, I just love these Zimmerlis, once you try them on, all other underpants just seem inappropriate:
    http://www.mrporter.com/product/168686
    dunno man but $83 on undies seems way more inappropriate, but to each's own

  7. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patroklus View Post
    What's wrong with hemp?
    I'm cool with hemp for durable things like shoes and backpacks, but I much prefer the softness of bamboo or cotton when it comes to my nether regions.

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpfish View Post
    CCP can tailor, Devoa can tailor, Dior can tailor. Jil used to.

    Boris cannot, Harnden cannot. Ann struggles.
    Controversial and mostly true. Nice.

    Boris new stuff is in inverse proportion to his prices.

  9. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpfish View Post
    CCP can tailor, Devoa can tailor, Dior can tailor. Jil used to.

    Boris cannot, Harnden cannot. Ann struggles.
    Forme d' can tailor, Marvielab can tailor. M.A.+ struggles. I don't think Ann struggles to tailor, unless you mean quality of construction, then yeah.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpfish View Post
    CCP can tailor, Devoa can tailor, Dior can tailor. Jil used to.

    Boris cannot, Harnden cannot. Ann struggles.
    Whenever I size down by one, most of Ann's pieces fit me perfectly, and look very sharp on the shoulders. Also her wool fabrics drape beautifully, which is a plus in my book. Perhaps it's her approach to tailoring that's different, but I definitely prefer it to the constrictive approach followed by CCP and Devoa, which make clothes that are so form-fitting and constrictive.

    Obscur doesn't even struggle, their clothes have the shittiest fits I've ever tried (and bought..)

    Other thoughts:

    I tried a pair of Augustas a while back. One of the Layers guys literally spent a minute trying to unzip them... At 1200 pounds a pair, I felt like I was wearing the emperor's new shoes.
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

  11. #51

    Default

    Whenever I read Walter Van Beirendonck's name, I often go through some Freudian variations before subvocalizing his real name. EG: Walter Van BeerCock

  12. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kunk75 View Post
    hanes with the hidden waistband are my preferred drawers
    underarmour... stupid 30$ a pop but i love the feel and i exercise a lot and its a hassle to change underwear...

  13. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by endorphinz View Post
    does anyone spend $30 on a pair of boxers or briefs? I mean I'm all for luxury but....
    I've been known to spend $50 on underwear in the past but then I started wear AA briefs because I liked the colors (a nice contrast to all the black). However, in the past year I've switched back to nicer briefs (HOM first cotton) in basic black or white. There is a definite difference in feel with nice underwear, in cut and fabric. I had some really great L'homme Invisible trapeze briefs in the early 90s that I wish they still made (now they just make gimmicky crap). Grigio Perla and Hanro make some nice briefs too. The best selection of underwear I've seen was at Isetan in Tokyo.

    As for what I wear at home I'm either still in my pajamas or I'm dressed, like I would if I was going out, minus some accesories or a coat. I think it people should start to post what they are wearing at home. It would be an interesting change to what we normally see.
    THE HOUSE OF DIS
    embrace the twenty first movement

  14. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cowsareforeating View Post
    underarmour... i exercise a lot and its a hassle to change underwear...
    this is really disturbing.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

  15. #55

    Default

    yeah, I won't even get a paper without a shower. two a days baby...

  16. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theetruscan View Post
    this is really disturbing.
    Totallt reads differently than intended. Meant that I have to wear boxer briefs because I've torn boxers climbing...

  17. #57

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    471

    Default

    love zimmerli. You don't need to spend $80.

    That is all.

  19. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cowsareforeating View Post
    http://lift-net.co.jp/collection11aw.../yproject.html

    the mustache on the model ahahahahaha
    It's pretty out there..

  20. #60
    kitsch killer Faust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Long hard road out of hell
    Posts
    37,716

    Default

    I want to slim down the legs on all my pants
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

    StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •