X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tron
    • Dec 2010

re: The show

It was a great experience. No where near as up tight and regimented as I had thought.
    Basically showed up and was fitted for a wig. No make up was applied thankfully.
    They gave us some bento boxes to eat before we did the run through which surprised me but they also provided snacks and everything.
    This being my first ~real~ runway show I was quite nervous especially after finding out I was the lead model.
    After hanging around for a while and talking with some of the other guys we did the run through and were told to walk very... very slowly.
    That part was a little awkward as my normal walking speed is quite fast.
    It all went fine and we did the finale practice where we all walked and they reworked it a few times and eventually settled on all of us just walking and splitting off then walking off to the left without pausing anywhere.
    The only real stress during the show was after doing a walk you had to sprint around the back room while peeling off your clothing. Once I made it to the actual dressing room I was immediately accosted by a team of small japanese girls who tore off my clothing and stuffed me in to my next outfit. During the show there was a slight change made which caught me off guard. Not only was I the first model to walk but I would also be the last during the finale walk. It was really flattering because they seemed to quite like me.

After the show a few of us models, the team including Kuroda-san, and a band The Novembers went out for dinner and drinks at a small bar. We did a screening of the video from there show there and all got wasted as is custom here. At the bar I got to know a few of the other models a bit better and one guy actually has worked for Ann D for the past few seasons. Everyone was surprisingly nice which really countered my preconceptions of the fashion world. I don't know though... everyone is just especially nice here it seems.

I'll be dining with the team again tomorrow night, I'm looking forward to that.

Here's a link for the collection
    ラッド ミュージシャン(LAD MUSICIAN)の2013年春夏メンズコレクション。100枚の写真からラッド ミュージシャンのコーディネートがチェックできるのでぜひご覧ください。
    "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• avout
      • Nov 2011

Thanks for the writeup, sounds like it was a great experience.

Originally posted by tron View Post
      re: The show
      Everyone was surprisingly nice which really countered my preconceptions of the fashion world. I don't know though... everyone is just especially nice here it seems.
      lol this is true. I spent a year there and have never encountered nicer SAs anywhere else. Two of them took me and a friend out to dinner before we left.

Comment

• Denpatou
        • Jan 2010

tron, that is quite an awesome experience to have been apart of--really jealous you get to chill with the lad folks + the novembers! catching hints of jun in that stripy dropped shoulder cardi, and the floral prints look really nice. btw, yr looks would make pretty legendary additions to the waywt thread (those marshall stacks~)
        SEMI-SORTED. / DRUNKEN HEARTED

Comment

• tron
          • Dec 2010

another follow up regarding the dinner I went to;

It was actually a small affair at Kuroda-san's house. Just myself, another model and a girl who works for the company, and Yuichi and his family. It was really wonderful hanging out with him in a more personal environment and seeing how he actually exists. We had some wonderful conversations and I met his family, played games and drew with his children. It was really sweet. I'll surely see him again before I leave the country but wow what an genuinely nice and hospitable man.
          "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Yeah, but that's inevitable. Hopefully, SZ equips people with necessary knowledge to tell the real thing apart from kitsch.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Meh. I'm with eternal. I'm not going to stop listening to Rage Against the Machine just because a bunch of suburban privileged children go to their concerts because it's cool. (An example from 15 years ago, but a fitting one :-))
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I realized that women are intimidated by a man who works in fashion. Time to buy a pair of khakis and become an accountant.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  I realized that women are intimidated by a man who works in fashion. Time to buy a pair of khakis and become an accountant.
                  LOL,

man, please let me digest my dinner properly....

the issue here is that women do a good job of categorizing men, and they are often unsure of what to do with a man that doesn't fit with the various ideas that they have in their head..........but this often happens in the reverse too, so I guess its more than just a one way thing.
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• interest1
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post

Yeah but that's only before they know you.
                    Once they do, watch how fast intimidation turns to appreciation once she realizes she can borrow your clothes.
                    sain't

Comment

• interest1
                      • Nov 2008

Besides, aren't men intimidated by women in general?
                      That's been my experience, anyway.
                      sain't

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                        People are intimidated by people and sometimes even by animals and brutalist architecture.
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by rilu
                          ^ I know what you mean, Eternal, but at the same time a certain aesthetic has to remain to be fruitful to be worthy of further exploration. And that's why I'm wondering about this one in particular: it just seems hopelessly saturated. In other words, I'm not sure what it exactly signifies or represents that goes beyond "darkness/light" symbolics, or some other topics that have been explored so so many times already (and that can even be explored in different ways).
                          Sure, as individuals we can all cherish what we like, but I'm mainly speaking here of the frontiers of fashion design where I'd like to see some kick from this.
                          I would tend to agree, if you also view fashion as having an artistic side, you have to accept that aesthetics can be dated and maybe later renewed or revisited. Certain themes can remain but the designs themselves have to change or they are merely nostalgic and academic at this point, I believe the "dominant" SZ aesthetic has reached that point. Of course CdG, Stephan Schneider, Lanvin etc are also SZ, we just awknowledge it less.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

That's only because you are so gorgeous.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
                              • Nov 2008

Meh, you know I'm a total dork. With really good bone structure.
                              sain't

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

Meh, you know I'm a total dork. With really good bone structure.
                                That sounds like a marxist term for the sex industry.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎