X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Farther forgive me for I have sinned?
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Men...

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

... are adult children?

So, my 8yr old promised me to never ever wear Uggs.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• you should be proud :)

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I am! :-)
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

still need to cull; have sold a ton, donated a ton and still have way too much clothes I cannot bring myself to part with

Comment

• Patroklus
                Banned
                • Feb 2011

now where exactly did you donate these clothes to?

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

goodwill, st. mary's, etc

Comment

• endorphinz
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2009

30 years ago I was a trainee for a moderately priced 'designer' men's tailored clothing line. our designer/piece goods buyer was in love with heavy woolens from scotland, ireland and england. he would purchase sample yardage from the best mills and it was my job to receive, record and lot them and send them out to be swatched. the great majority of these goods never made it into the line cuz they were just too expensive and when priced out would make the finished goods way above our price points. some we put into the line for show and some we sent to south america to knock off

our designer also loved traditional american clothing, natural shoulder sack coats. this was problematic cuz our niche was affordable EUROPEAN cut (tapered waist,high armhole,rope shoulder). we could never sell the sack coats so we ignored our designer and put these beautiful 'old world' woolens into modern, slim cuts.
                    I would choose some of the best goods and bring them to martin greenfield's brooklyn shop to make samples. again, these were never to be sold. the goods were way too expensive and greenfield's cmt was way too high but the finished jackets were amazing. I had several cut in my 35s size. I wore them until I put on size and outgrew them...then gave them away to several chicks....

all this ph talk got me thinkin. I've been goin to my local thrift and lookin for vintage american, union made harris tweed etc. jackets. . i stove top boil them and then machine hot tumble dry them. The results are VERY promising i'm not there yet but am really close. if i never get there, my investment is practically nuthin. if i can get a couple of jackets out of my efforts, i'll be thrilled.

question: is this ph phenomenon indication that members are moving toward more updated traditional looks? some of the knits in waywt and last purchase seem to suggest this.

in conclusion:
                    i find the current ph fascination amusing
                    i need bigger pots.

Comment

• Pumpfish
                      • Sep 2010

Nice story Endorphinz. I think PH triggers members guilt and paranoia. Many of us pay too much to look pretty cheap.

Yesterday I dressed one of my kids up as a mummy for a Halloween Party. Fabric - BOGROL.

I went for a loser drape, and ended up with a decent impression of the Damir / Boris desert nomad.
                      Last edited by Pumpfish; 10-31-2011, 11:01 AM. Reason: ill -it -erate
                      spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Oasis
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Pumpfish View Post
                        Nice story Endorphinz. I think PH triggers members guilt and paranoia. Many of us pay too much to look pretty cheap.

Yesterday I dressed one of my kids up as a mummy for a Halloween Party. Fabric - BOGROL.

I went for a loser drape, and ended up with a decent impression of the Damir / Boris desert nomad.

Very true.
                        Originally posted by christianef
                        u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• the breaks
                          • Sep 2007

i laughed out loud a bit at "BOGROL" fabric
                          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Johnny
                            • Sep 2006

Me too - very good.

Comment

• endorphinz
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009

no matter how much new stuff i buy and no matter how much stuff i've accumulated over the years, i always wanna wear my favorite pieces all the time. obviously, i have favs for different settings. Anytime I wear something other than my favs I feel like I've cheated myself.

thoughts?

Comment

• the breaks
                                • Sep 2007

the best feeling is when you buy something new and immediately when you try it on you know you've found a new "favourite" :)
                                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎