Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laughed
    • Jul 2009

ex-Ranger Chris Davis (my team) wining pitcher against Red Sox in 17 inning game.
    Chris Davis isn't a pitcher...he's first base. I love these games, where non-pitchers are tossed in to throw 90 mph sinkers. I remember Jose Canseco taking the mound, I was at that game - oh, what a game.
    Good job Chris! You went 0-for-8 at the plate but got the W!

Comment

• laughed
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by corsair sanglot

josh hamilton 4 homeruns tonight. go rangers.

Comment

• endorphinz
        Banned
        • Jun 2009

so last nite was the beginning of LAM (life after mo)

Comment

• laughed
          • Jul 2009

yeah, i hate how josh can have a great night and all everyone talks about are his "addiction problems". Let the guy be awesome.
          There's no way the rangers are going to let him go anywhere else, and I LOVE wash.
          except for last year in the WS.

as far as mo^, yanks have a decent enough offense to get them into the playoffs, i think he'll be back eventually. I just don't see anyone standing in the way of the rangers for a while. yes, i'm a diehard rangers fan but their offense is so powerful, filled with nothing but hitters...middle of the lineup is like facing 5 Paul Bunyans...

looking forward to tomorrow's game where CJ Wilson will return to face the Rangers and Yu Darvish. I hope CJ gets chased out of the ballpark.

Nice to see a little mini-rivalry with the Phils and Nats.

Comment

• mass
            • Sep 2006

too bad my a's are in the same division (kind of suprised how well their revamped rotation are doing). big fan of darvish though... but he's gone over 100 pitches in all but one of his starts (97), and half of them were in 6 or less. dude throws 80-85 left handed in practice.

Comment

• laughed
              • Jul 2009

a's should get in the playoffs this year at least...too bad you got brandon inge now, what a tool...
              i don't know how yu does it, i know he's a pro and pros can do crazy things in their sport, but whenever i try throwing with my left hand i look like the biggest girl in the world trying to throw.
              i think by the time the playoffs role around, yu will be even more comfortable than he is now (obviously), and will be an absolute beast to face.
              tomorrow's game is a future playoff matchup.

Comment

• endersgame
                • Aug 2009

$200 million dollar payroll can't buy yanks a single ALCS win..

Comment

• jogu
                  • Jun 2009

not long before mlb season starts up again and i cant fuckin wait .
                  i was at this game a few yrs ago , was total chaos and i loved it . it took
                  like forever just to exit comiskey when the game was over cos everyone was standin around talkin about it . makes my heart race to see that cubbie blue color swingin at those dumbass sox home uniforms . good memories

Comment

• endorphinz
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2009

yep, it's that time again. luv the sound of a well squared up baseball meeting a wooden bat

think it's gonna be loooooong year for the Yankees...everyone else got better and they got worse. definitely a team in transition.

Comment

• jogu
                      • Jun 2009

had to post this cos it was an interesting inning . watch the runner on 2nd tryin to steal 3rd , he already stole 2nd and tried to be greedy . top of 8th w/ 2 outs , cubs up 2 - 1

Comment

• endorphinz
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2009

WTF was he doin tryin to steal third with 2 outs?... should've been fined

I'm a yanks fan but Matt Harvey on the Mets is the real deal....last nite's game was a gem.. check the box score

and joju, goin to a baseball game on a hot summer day is one of the pure pleasures in life.... cept today, goin to a yanks game and leaving with a full belly would cost almost as much as a Rick leather

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

lol whys that ? honestly i hate the yankees

Comment

• endorphinz
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2009

im confused joju... "why" what?

and everyone hates the yanks... but bein born n raised n da bx, they are infused in my blood. ... sold peanuts in the old,old yanks stadium when I was 12.... forged working papers... was a fan when they sucked big time and drew < 5,000 and I didn't get to work; but I get the hate

but....what were you asking "why" about?

anyway, great to talk baseball. I get why most peeps hate it but those same reasons make it my fav. it's hard to appreciate baseball if you weren't taught the nuisances as a kid but it really is a wonderful sport

yet I hear peeps telling me the same thing about non American football (soccer) and I ve totally given up on ever really enjoying that

joju, my fellow baseball freak, what were you asking why about?

Comment

• jogu
                              • Jun 2009

oh oops i meant like how expensive is everythin at yankee games ? like whats the avg ticket price and how much are like burgers , candy , drinks etc ?
                              when i was a kid this guy would come around to all the neighborhood homes and try to get kids to sign up for teeball at our park , they were givin away free frozen pizzas if u signed up so me and some of my friends had our parents sign the paper thing and paid the fees . when we started it was teeball LOL but somewhere in the middle of the summer they removed the tee . i vividly remember it that way cos i played catcher and had to learn how to catch pitches bein thrown at me instead of just crouchin there behind the tee and waitin fo rsomeone to actually hit it far enough to be thrown back infield . im gonna ask my mom later if she can send me some of those pics

Comment

• stupidchildren
                                • Feb 2012

I am also a lifelong yankee fan, and admittedly a huge Harvey admirer as well. I find myself tuning into mets games just to watch him pitch. He is going to be good for a long time to come. The Mets don't deserve him.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎