X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GlassOrganelle
    • Aug 2011

Damir Doma -women's- S/S 2012 Paris

Sorry they're not in order, photobucket did something.

• GlassOrganelle
    • Aug 2011

Comment

• GlassOrganelle
      • Aug 2011

style.com

Comment

• andrew
        • Sep 2009

There are some nice elements to this collection and a couple of good looks; the black jumpsuit with a yellow croped jacket, the crossover dress with the yellow sarong and cardigan, most of the grey section, for example, but overall i'm not a fan. I think he's still doing something thats his own (at least as much as it ever was) but i just dont like it especially anymore and thats sad, but hey there have been much worse collection this season so...

Also past comments about the incoherence of the collections are valid here too i think, theres a good capsule- or pre-collection in there but with extra bits added to bulk it out

Comment

• rider
          eyes of the world
          • Jun 2009

its strong thats for sure and fairly severe. maybe its the dress with the heavy gold collar and the necklaces but i want to go to egypt and have dinner beside the pyramids.

Comment

• t-bone
            • Dec 2009

the styling of the necklaces kind of made it difficult to see what was happening with some of the blazers/jackets. i see a lot of interesting pieces (leather skirt and shirt, cropped pants, v-neck grey buttoned shirt that looks like the shadar shirts for men that i love) and i love some of the looks, going to come back to it later or wait to see a video.

Comment

colors are absolutely top notch. that deep almost black petroleum and the brass is SO GOOD.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Andrew, I agree with you. Well, at least it's better than the men's.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• clay
                  • Sep 2006

I dig it!

Comment

• Amir
                    • May 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Andrew, I agree with you. Well, at least it's better than the men's.
                    I was quite disappointed with the menswear too, but friends who were at the showroom/show claim the garments/pieces are quite strong & good. I figured I'll hold my tongue until I see the collection in the stores

*confused*

Comment

• BUMMER
                      • Feb 2010

This is the most successful women's collection i've seen from Damir Doma. He seems to be working with (rather than against) the female form much more here. Early DD womenswear often hid or ignored the body underneath in a way that seemed awkward to me.

The long cloaks are better than ever (Both the off-white and the black with leather(?) sleeves.). The chiffon halter dress look with the blazer on top is a nice elegant, wearable take on the DD aesthetic. I also like the belted jumpsuit with the center slit and the rest of the mustard/black silk looks.
                      I also like the chokers, the return of the elongated ribbon ties and the gilded lapels here since they add a bit of geometry and hardness to contrast with the typically loose, layered and flowing elements.

I also like the model casting for this show-but have to say that although Lekeliene's jaunty waddle may be her trademark, it doesn't work so well for a Damir Doma show. Could she not hear the music?
                      Last edited by BUMMER; 10-01-2011, 01:31 AM.

Comment

• marsa
                        • Feb 2011

I feel that DamirDoma womans is nicely evolving into something unique and personal - the blacks and the gold looks great!

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Mike Nouveau v. David Lynch

"More than 20 minutes of pleading and threats by Mr. Doma’s agents led nowhere. Music being played by Mike Nouveau, the D.J., was cut mid-song. The guests, some angry, some sullen, some bemused, were unceremoniously ushered up the club’s six-story staircase and out onto the street."
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Patroklus
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2011

That article reads like a Myspace post by a high school student with literary aspirations. Two pages about a big club's interior with no pictures to demonstrate it and some insipid party drama.

As for the collection, why does it never look like Damir Doma ever touches the womenswear? It's like he brings in a new designer and tells them to make it look like his menswear. I'd like it better if he just declared his menswear unisex and sent the ladies down in those awesome balloon pants and shorts.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎