X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MetroBulotDodo
    • Oct 2010

SIMPLE POLITICAL ACTION YOU CAN TAKE

Last year congress cut Fulbright-Hays - a fellowship program for doctoral students from which I was able to benefit to great ends back in the day. The cost of the program in its entirety? $5 fucking million dollars.

This year, the larger program run by the Department of State Fulbright IIE-Title VI is in jeopardy.

I just received this note from my department - if you're American please do help. These programs made it possible for me and many generations of scholars do what we do now.

"Hi everyone,

Time is of the essence here.

PLEASE help me with this. They are looking to cut funding for a key fellowship for international studies, the Fulbright IIE title IV fellowship. This will affect a generation of scholars as we struggle to take the next step in our education. I already called and it is very simple to do and all of your votes will go along way to helping. Just call the US capital switchboard number 202-224-3121 and ask for your regions (NY, Chicago, etc) Representative or Senators office. They will transfer you. Then simply tell the representative that you are calling to prevent any further cuts to the Department of Education Fulbright Title Six funding. They will likely take your zip code and count you as one among hopefully many dissenters. Please help, it is simple and, I hope, effective. "

MBD
    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.
  • Arkady
    • Apr 2011

Done and done, of course.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

MBD, don't post this on a Friday! Now I gotta wait for Monday and ADD is kicking in already.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• aussy
        • Jul 2011

A real shame, some of my best professors were Fullbright scholars

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎