• zamb
      • Nov 2006

here is al ist of the designers who designedfor Dior

Dior Himself
      Yves Saint Laurent
      Marc Bohan
      Gianfranco Ferre
      John Galliano

the lineage and link is clear, Dior is a house that has always had the mad artist as designer.........an opulent creative force (Bohan probably being the tamest)
      to have Raf head up such a house is to completely change its DNA .............i dont see Raf doing the kind of cuts and detailing that is steeped in the history of Dior,
      Dior needs someone who is a dressmaker at its core. i have never seen Raf as anything close to that
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Pumpfish
        • Sep 2010

Zamb, thanks for giving me an excuse to look back through the Dior archive!

To my eyes, Galliano is the exception to the Dior lineage. I think Raf would be a reversion to the Dior /St Laurent / Bohan legacy.

I take Faust's point about the marketing value, but has this model run its course (at least for developed markets?)

Side point, I do hope Galliano can sort out his issues and get back in the game. He is the Van Gogh in the gallery of designers.
        spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Pumpfish View Post
          Zamb, thanks for giving me an excuse to look back through the Dior archive!

To my eyes, Galliano is the exception to the Dior lineage. I think Raf would be a reversion to the Dior /St Laurent / Bohan legacy.

I take Faust's point about the marketing value, but has this model run its course (at least for developed markets?)

Side point, I do hope Galliano can sort out his issues and get back in the game. He is the Van Gogh in the gallery of designers.
          Ha! Wishful thinking.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by sissyleaks View Post
            MAISON DIOR

IS WHATEVER IT WANTS TO BE

ITS TIME FOR A NEW LOOK

-----------------------
            Sissy.............are you leaking?
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• _yoo
              • Jul 2011

Valentino weighs in:

“I’m not sure – it’s an amazing job, I don’t know if he would be the right person for it. John Galliano is difficult to replace. I think it’s important not to jump into things. It needs to be a logical continuation of the brand. But who am I to say anything? I guess we all just have to wait and see.”
              Link

Comment

• sissyleaks
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                Sissy.............are you leaking?
                ___I MAY BE___BUT I ATLEAST I AM NOT SINKING LIKE SOME.......____

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Cathy Horyn thinks Raf fits. Her undying Raf fandom is truly puzzling.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎