Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swrecked
    • Sep 2011

I really like Bow Truss coffee, and visit my local establishment a few times a week. I also like Stumptown Coffee, served by Leghorn Cafe close to me in River North.

I can't recommend Indian food (but I've heard that Devon is the place to go), but Bavette in River North is absolutely incredible.

Comment

• fredokin
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by nomemorial View Post
      - Any high end thrift/consignment shops worth checking out? I lived in a place entirely devoid of fashion before moving here, so I'd love checking something like this out.

- Best cup of coffee? I'm a total coffee geek and have made my rounds based on convenience while I'm out (I typically brew at home), so I'd like to make a devoted trip based on recommendation.
      It's been a while I know, but I hope you've had a good time exploring the city! For coffee I'd also have to recommend Ipsento for their espresso. Asado is most convenient for me when I'm in the loop, and they haven't let me down so far.

Specifically high end consignment shops are a little more difficult to come by. For men it's damn near impossible to find cool stuff but I'd say designer resale of chicago, luxury garage sale, and my personal favorite, cynthia's consignents would all be worth checking out. At Cynthia's I've seen stuff from Thierry Mugler and Margiela for Hermes to Rick, Ann, and Yohji.
      Originally posted by gregor
      it's terribly lit

Comment

• jogu
        • Jun 2009

come to my crib , ill start up the weber for brats and grilled onions, even grill the bread . watch the cubs dodgers game in 4k worth of clothes on the patio lol

Comment

• fredokin
          • Apr 2014

Even in 4k worth of clothes...I'd say mustard is also risk worth taking! I'm honestly happy I get to watch them from afar and not living 3 blocks from wrigley field though lol
          Originally posted by gregor
          it's terribly lit

Comment

• eleves
            • Sep 2012

Reviving this thread! Any recommendations for things to do (shops, food, drinks, art, etc.) in Chicago 2018?
            Originally posted by Faust
            HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎