Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TEA! (because coffee is so western european)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shifts
    • Jul 2013

This reminds me about my quest to acquire a nice tea set from the Czech pottery artist Petr Novák. As soon as something new is produced, it sells right away. Right now I only have a rather bland and simple gaiwan for the green teas I am drinking.

Petr Nováks blog where he often showcases ongoing projects: http://potsandtea.blogspot.com/

Comment

• thinbuddha
      • Jul 2011

has anyone tried a "teatox" diet? what food are you allowed to eat? i'm trying to do an alternative cleanse and was curious if anyone had any advice.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Shifts View Post
        This reminds me about my quest to acquire a nice tea set from the Czech pottery artist Petr Novák. As soon as something new is produced, it sells right away. Right now I only have a rather bland and simple gaiwan for the green teas I am drinking.

Petr Nováks blog where he often showcases ongoing projects: http://potsandtea.blogspot.com/

Revisiting this....

Petr Novak's name keeps popping up in serious tea drinker circles and I've been looking into his works. Really lovely and elegant takes on classics with all those nice textures and just enough rawness there. Pricing is super reasonable as well. He also has a friend that hand makes wooden tea scoops which is really awesome.

Trying to source authentic pu-erhs while in America is tricky... as with many things coming out of Asia, fakes or teas that are not 100% what they say they claim to me and are cut with cheaper leaves are rampant so provenance is everything.

While I wait for a more reliable and affordable source for Factor 1 yixing teapots, I picked up a modern made yixing tea set and a porcelain gaiwan for personal tea brewing. Had been working on finding a reliable source for authentic and good quality Lao Banzhang leaves and just got a 100g brick of this stuff.

... next need to find some aged menghai 7542 samples to see what the hype is all about.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• KUROKO
          • Feb 2021

Originally posted by MJRH View Post
          De Quincey in Confessions of an English Opium Eater, holding forth on the history of the tea-spoon (speaking in the context of laudanum servings):

"adjusted chiefly to the calibre of female mouths" is quite some phrasing.
          For I have known them all already, known them all:—
          Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,
          I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;
          I know the voices dying with a dying fall
          Beneath the music from a farther room.
          So how should I presume?

Comment

• KUROKO
            • Feb 2021

fulfilling that unknown urge to pore over teapots in cinema: https://ozu-teapot.tumblr.com/tagged/Teapots

Comment

• KUROKO
              • Feb 2021

Aside from licorice which as far as I can see I stand alone in naming as a favorite and in direct opposition to the sweet my other favorite is the smoke of Lapsang so I'm appreciatively noting all the friendly Lapsang recommendations aforementioned as I've yet to find my beloved...that said in the event I'm not alone and anyone here appreciates licorice too, do recommend your favorites...Yogi licorice tea bags are the only brand I've loathed and have nothing nice to say about their bland lack of flavor.

Comment

• Bodique
                • Mar 2012

I've forgot about this thread so I'll make this post to make it more visible

For about 5 years I drink puer almost everyday. I use my Yixing clay teapot Xie Shi form with some Soviet porcelain milk saucer with bamboo and gold ornament on it, and English made teapot with metal tea strainer in it, and Japanese porcelain tea cups + termos. I'll make some photos later to add here.

I drink puer from Bulang (mostly) or some other regions. I don't drink raw puer cause after it I feel in rush.
                Also I like Dian Hong and Xiao Zhong (which is Chinese name for Lapsang Souchong I've mentioned earlier) and some Dragon Well and Te Guang Ing.

I like tea cause it good for health, the ceremony itself are like meditation so I feel better after it, and it has ancient culture and a lot of reciepes of tea and terroirs so if you get bored of your teayou can always pick something new. It can stored for years and taste changes so if you have several cakes you can see how it changes (if stored right).
                «Страдания жизни неразумной приводят к сознанию необходимости разумной жизни.»
                Лев Николаевич Толстой

Comment

• Bodique
                  • Mar 2012

Recently I've designed wrapper for one of my favourite tea brands KuuraCorp. Their teas is from China and they are themself located in Melbourne.

and here is link to their shop
                  «Страдания жизни неразумной приводят к сознанию необходимости разумной жизни.»
                  Лев Николаевич Толстой

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎