Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coccodrillo
    • Nov 2009

Christopher Drummond Beauty is excellent for buildable coverage that looks very natural. The line has a concealer, foundation and powder compact - so there are options for however much coverage you need on a given day.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
      Can anyone here recommend a good foundation for sensitive skin? I never really used it but with age my skintone has become a bit uneven and I would like to try wearing foundation that does not look caked on.
      I am weary of going to a make up counter since all they ever suggest to me is 'something that will enhance your glow' (thank you, I don't want to look like a disco ball) or make me look like Cruella de Vil.
      i really like the jane iredale line, which is all mineral based. i actually started breaking out less since i started using it.

i'm not sure i believe in the natural skincare hype either, although my beliefs aren't really that informed. i'm particularly skeptical about this whole antioxidant thing. can it really make much of a difference to apply antioxidants to the skin? shouldn't it be much more beneficial to just eat more antioxidants?
      http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• savant
        • Jul 2011

hey ladies, a bit off topic here as im a male

My skin is oily but i wash this everyday. I think its naturally oily but not extremely

Anything else I can do about it ?

Been using Shiseido face wash to wash it

Comment

• galia
          • Jun 2009

you probably wash it with something that's too abrasive, causing the skin to overcompensate by producing even more oil.
          try a less agressive wash + a tonic or mineral water of some sort. You will feel like you're not clean at first but you skin shoud reajust in a few days / weeks and be much less oily.
          this has happened to a few of my girlfriends, not sure how it translates to mens skins but it can't be too different. the girls actually stopped washing their faces with water altogether, it's the new fad in France but it worked really well for some of them. a dermatologist should recommend a good regimen

Comment

• Verdandi
            • Mar 2012

Thank you for all the suggestions! I will try them and hope that something works for me.

genevieveryoko, here is a pretty good overview of what antioxidants can do at the moment.
            The formation of free radicals is a widely accepted pivotal mechanism leading to skin aging. Topical antioxidants are available in multivariate combinations through over-the-counter skin care products that are aimed at preventing the clinical signs of photoaging.

However, the claims of the cosmetic industry are atrocious.
            lavender menace

Comment

• cowsareforeating
              • Jan 2011

looking for something that will reduce pore size esp in the t zone. and something to cleanse mid day since i work in a dirty environment.

also
              anti-wrinkle stuff for around the eyes. i have combination skin but im not too dry or too oily so rather too light than too strong

thanks!

Comment

• Verdandi
                • Mar 2012

There is no topical treatment that can actually reduce the size of pores. All some of the creams can do is to reduce the appearance for a short time.
                You may want to look into products containing Retin-A that will also help with fine lines around the eye area. But don't use it if you have sensitive skin and always wear sunscreen with it.

I personally don't think one needs a special cream for the eyes. If you have a good moisturizer with SPF (a lot of eye creams don't have SPF) you can use it all over your face.
                lavender menace

Comment

• TheDivinitus
                  • Jul 2011

If pores look enlarged, more likely it's inflamed, swollen skin giving that 'illusion'. Causes - pretty much anything, not only aggressive cosmetics, food stress and natural predispositions to trigger mild rosacea (notabene often mistaken for acne). I would suggest derm appointment to prescribe appropriate treatment. It could be Finacea or Tretinoin in lower concentration (ask for water based formulas, as gel is much easier tolerated.) For cleaning, 10% glycolic acid.

As far as makeup, personally I refuse using any foundation, powder or concealer so I don't own any.... But lipsticks, another story...
                  Last edited by TheDivinitus; 07-15-2012, 10:54 AM. Reason: typing on low battery iphone sucks
                  blog

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by TheDivinitus View Post
                    As far as makeup, personally I refuse using any foundation, powder or concealer so I don't own any.... But lipsticks, another story...
                    well your skin always looks amazing in your pictures! may i ask you what your skin care routine is? or what your secret is? ;)

as far as pore reduction is concerned, most retinol products claim to reduce pore size in about 8 weeks. not sure if that's really true though, as i just started using one.

i've found kiehl's rare earth pore minimizing lotion to actually be successful at reducing the appearance of pores. however, it doesn't contain spf, so i have to use one on top of it, though i'd prefer not to have to layer on a bunch of products.
                    http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• TheDivinitus
                      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by genevieveryoko View Post
                      well your skin always looks amazing in your pictures! may i ask you what your skin care routine is? or what your secret is? ;).
                      The whole routine is just 2 prescription creams (1 moisturizer @ morning, and 1 corrective @ evening.)

For any resistant sunspots or redness (i/e "broken capillaries") in-office laser treatments.
                      Last edited by TheDivinitus; 07-17-2012, 09:41 AM.
                      blog

Comment

• fncyths
                        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                        also
                        anti-wrinkle stuff for around the eyes. i have combination skin but im not too dry or too oily so rather too light than too strong

thanks!
                        I had a girlfriend that turned me onto Dr. Hauschka. I use their eye cream and facial cleanser.

I've used REN for a few years as well and love their product line

@Divinitus > your blog is beautiful! xx
                        Originally posted by Shucks
                        it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                        Originally posted by interest1
                        I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• TheDivinitus
                          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
                          @Divinitus > your blog is beautiful! xx
                          Thank you
                          blog

Comment

• Patroklus
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2011

How do I apply metallic eyeshadow without looking like I lost a fight to it?

Comment

• rider
                              eyes of the world
                              • Jun 2009

As subtlety aa possible. I've put a dab either in the inside corner or the bottom edge of my eye when going for it...

Comment

• prenouveau
                                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                                apologies in advance for the length - and so early in the year!

Serge Lutens: the only makeup I've ever cared for, aside from the band.

MBD
                                I know it's been a while since you posted but this line looks great. How well does the kohl liner last? Everything smudges on me, I have deep set eyes, so I am curious...and is the little applicator brush in the picture for the eyeliner? Is it a sponge tip?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎