Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Verdandi
    • Mar 2012

I finally managed to get my hands on the Serge Lutens foundation. Sadly, we are not meant to be. The foundation itself is wonderful but there is just no match for my skintone. The SA recommended mixing to shades and even that didn't work out. The lightest one is too yellow and the one with pink undertones is way too dark.
    So my quest for a light foundation that comes in very pale shades with no yellow undertones continues.

The eyeshadow palette and the mascara however are wonderful! Thanks a lot rider!
    lavender menace

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
      I finally managed to get my hands on the Serge Lutens foundation. Sadly, we are not meant to be. The foundation itself is wonderful but there is just no match for my skintone. The SA recommended mixing to shades and even that didn't work out. The lightest one is too yellow and the one with pink undertones is way too dark.
      So my quest for a light foundation that comes in very pale shades with no yellow undertones continues.

The eyeshadow palette and the mascara however are wonderful! Thanks a lot rider!
      Question: Did you call the miracle worker Bryce at Barneys? If there as a problem with the color match, you should mention me and Rider and he'll be sure to replace it with a good match.

It's hard for me to understand how such nuanced shades could be so off. I've found that I could wear 4 or 5 Serge foundation shades without looking ridiculous -- hey, I don't know, I may be have been going out looking like I came straight off the CDG runway, but I *guess* I've looked ok.

Try the lip tints. I love them. I have all three -- I'm not a big fan of lipstick. It makes me look overmade up...

Good luck -- Bryce's number is in this thread if you don't have it.

MBD
      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Verdandi
        • Mar 2012

No, I didn't get them from Bryce, maybe I should have though. I was in Berlin for the weekend and there is a SL counter at the KaDeWe.
        I went home with Blanc and I20.
        The Blanc shade is kind of alright but too yellow. It makes me look sickly. I20 is too dark and even mixing the two doesn't quite work.
        I usually do not wear foundation since I have good skin in general but I am almost 30 and my skin isn't the way it used to be five years ago (working night shifts and being on call shows the next day). I am really fair-skinned and slight discolorations show very easy so I would like to cover those up when I go out in the evenings.

MDB, I actually took a SL lipstick home with me in Mise a Mort, I don't wear lipstick very often but I love a good red. I was fascinated by the liptints but too chicken to try them out. How is the bluish-black one? Is it really blue on the lips?
        lavender menace

Comment

• galia
          • Jun 2009

For super fair skin with pink undertones, I recommend the YSL touche éclat pen/brosh thingy and the YSL teint touche éclat foundation. Take the "beige rosé" colour in the palest shade available, it's what I use and my skin is so porcelain I look like a daywalkin ghost most of the time (hope that trek will put some pink in my cheeks, but not getting my hopes up). The pen is great to conceal specific blemishes and for dark circles, and the foundation is the best and most natural-looking thing I've come across to even out a complexion while looking like you're wearing absolutely nothing.

Comment

• ahn
            • Jul 2012

I'm quite fair skinned, I found NARS sheer glow foundation had a good match for my skin. It's very lightweight (as the name suggests) and comes in a sheer matte version if you find the glow too shiny (I don't find that it's shiny at all personally).

I only wear it on the days my skin tone is very uneven, otherwise it's just concealer for me (YSL touche eclat under my eyes and around my nose/nasolabial fold where I get a bit red and a MAC concealer on blemishes which I get hormonally) and some blush or bronzer for depth or else I tend to look a little washed out.
            some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• interest1
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by severin View Post

interest1 -- i remember from the original latisse advertisements one of the "possible side effects" is that it may permanently change eye color (specifically, blue and green eyes to brown). seems like quite the risk to take for those of us with lighter eye colors. though i wonder how often this actually happened in the clinical trials......

it was originally developed to treat cataracts i believe ?
              imagine what sort of ad that would've been: "become less blind ! side effects include changing eye color and long feather lashes !" as the model bats her lashes and flies away......
              If this worked in reverse (changing dark eyes to light ones), I've a feeling a stampede would ensue and the shit would sell out overnight.

Years ago, I worked in the corporate cosmetic industry. High-end skincare, to be exact. A part of that was traveling; training and giving talks to large groups of people. You know, pitching the idea of eternal youth – and in a bottle, no less. Don't ask me how it worked, but the crowds flocked.

Anyhow, I remember one year I decided to try colored contacts, despite having 20/20 vision. To get my dark eyes icy blue, the damn things had to be completely opaque, LoL. Aside from feeling like someone's finger was constantly in my eye, it was, eh, fabulous. Until nightfall hit and I tried driving. Suddenly every light post had a blinding ring around it and I nearly went off the road. Needless to say, that brought an end to my baby blues, lickety-split.
              sain't

Comment

• severin
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                Years ago, I worked in the corporate cosmetic industry. High-end skincare, to be exact. A part of that was traveling; training and giving talks to large groups of people. You know, pitching the idea of eternal youth – and in a bottle, no less. Don't ask me how it worked, but the crowds flocked.

Anyhow, I remember one year I decided to try colored contacts, despite having 20/20 vision. To get my dark eyes icy blue, the damn things had to be completely opaque, LoL. Aside from feeling like someone's finger was constantly in my eye, it was, eh, fabulous. Until nightfall hit and I tried driving. Suddenly every light post had a blinding ring around it and I nearly went off the road. Needless to say, that brought an end to my baby blues, lickety-split.
                it worked because everyone believes in MAGIC !!

a darling brown-eyed relative of mine tried (darker) blue contacts years ago. the thing that put me off them was that it appeared her pupils NEVER DILATED. no matter where we were, her eyes always appeared to have these tiny little pupils. that said, if she'd gone with the icy blue variety*, i think i'd have been too hypnotized by them to have noticed.......

*(she's a self-confessed horrid driver so i'm relieved it never came to that....)
                take me up to the top of the city

Comment

• emmyrea
                  • Feb 2013

I just tried a bit of Cle de Peau silky cream foundation and I think I am in love. Have any of you used it before? Trying to see if it is worth buying.

The slight perfume-y smell is sort of strange at first... haha I cannot tell if other people will be able to notice it.

Comment

• interest1
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by severin View Post

it worked because everyone believes in MAGIC !!

a darling brown-eyed relative of mine tried (darker) blue contacts years ago. the thing that put me off them was that it appeared her pupils NEVER DILATED. no matter where we were, her eyes always appeared to have these tiny little pupils. that said, if she'd gone with the icy blue variety*, i think i'd have been too hypnotized by them to have noticed.......

*(she's a self-confessed horrid driver so i'm relieved it never came to that....)

Yes, but ideally it should be in the air, not in bottles. ;)

Regarding colored contacts, I'm sure her pupils did dilate. I don't think a lense can stop that; only mask it. They were likely so thick with saturated color that you couldn't see anything through 'em – from either direction, LoL (which would explain why I felt half-blind wearing them).

Horrid drivers scare the hell out of me. Get those car keys away from her!
                    Luckily, I've no issues behind the wheel, and no accidents yet (knock on plywood). But even I have to draw the line at seeing halos around street lights, haha..

It's all fun & games until someone ends up tits-up in a ditch, right?
                    sain't

Comment

• severin
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                      Regarding colored contacts, I'm sure her pupils did dilate. I don't think a lense can stop that; only mask it.
                      oh yes, i know.
                      i really meant that it appeared her pupils didn't dilate to whomever was looking at her.
                      it was still a strange effect, even if subtle.

all in all i'm glad you chose safety over icy blues !!
                      take me up to the top of the city

Comment

• Bson
                        • May 2013

Does anyone else use Perricone for skincare? Been using a significant portion of the line- (Cleanser/Cold Plasma/Blue Plasma/Vitamin C Ester/Moisturizer) at least... Not finding any significant improvement of skin quality really... I don't really suffer from anything in particular though, just some unevenness in color and texture

Any skincare you all are using that you love? I thought Mario Badescu was pretty effective...

Maybe I should start getting regular facials or something! Looking to up my skin quality without trying BBcream, as a guy... haha

Comment

• Liz Quinlan
                          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Bson View Post
                          Does anyone else use Perricone for skincare? Been using a significant portion of the line- (Cleanser/Cold Plasma/Blue Plasma/Vitamin C Ester/Moisturizer) at least... Not finding any significant improvement of skin quality really... I don't really suffer from anything in particular though, just some unevenness in color and texture

Any skincare you all are using that you love? I thought Mario Badescu was pretty effective...

Maybe I should start getting regular facials or something! Looking to up my skin quality without trying BBcream, as a guy... haha
                          I heard good things about the Blue Plasma, so I tried it, along with some of their other products, but didn't notice much of a difference in my skin either. The best things for my skin are getting good sleep and drinking lots of water. I keep it pretty simple. When my skin feels a tad dry, I just spritz some rosewater on my face and it's very refreshing.

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Liz Quinlan View Post

I heard good things about the Blue Plasma, so I tried it, along with some of their other products, but didn't notice much of a difference in my skin either. The best things for my skin are getting good sleep and drinking lots of water. I keep it pretty simple. When my skin feels a tad dry, I just spritz some rosewater on my face and it's very refreshing.
                            No product can mask what good sleep can repair. I completely agree with you.
                            sain't

Comment

• Bson
                              • May 2013

Good!! Thank you for the affirmation, ladies :)

Comment

• rider
                                eyes of the world
                                • Jun 2009

recently i've been keen on some Sisley products after getting samples.
                                although a few products werent to my skin's liking, the gentle buffing cream and black rose mask (which i use as a moisturizer its so light) as well as the phyto-blanc lightening cleanser were hits.

and they dont test on animals either. always a plus...
                                Phyto-Blanc Lightening Foaming Cleanser
                                Phyto-Blanc Lightening Foaming Cleanser

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎